So So Sore

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 19, 2015
Had more conditioning today and my coach is the devil in a chubby lady suit and she made us do everything we did yesterday plus more despite being sore already.
Now I can't walk right, my knee keeps giving out and sitting down is pretty much the most painful thing ever.
Does anyone know any ways to stop being so sore? I've tried stretching and it doesn't make me feel any better.

No hot tub or shower or whatever. Don't stretch it at all today.

Ice Ice baby.

Some Ibuprofen might help too.

Wait a minute! Is this the same young person complaining about being bullied in another thread? Okay, I will back myself out of this thread and I have nothing else to say, but...Good Luck!

Wait a minute! Is this the same young person complaining about being bullied in another thread? Okay, I will back myself out of this thread and I have nothing else to say, but...Good Luck!
Yes.

**Congratulations you found someone from your gym, do you want a cookie?**

Had more conditioning today and my coach is the devil in a chubby lady suit and she made us do everything we did yesterday plus more despite being sore already.
Now I can't walk right, my knee keeps giving out and sitting down is pretty much the most painful thing ever.
Does anyone know any ways to stop being so sore? I've tried stretching and it doesn't make me feel any better.
I shouldn't be laughing at that.

A long, hot bath does wonders. I would also say to take it easy but I don't know how realistic that will be for you.

Your coach is crazy.

I shouldn't be laughing at that.

A long, hot bath does wonders. I would also say to take it easy but I don't know how realistic that will be for you.

Your coach is crazy.
A hot bath typically feels wonderful in the moment, but it can make the soreness last longer as heat can increase the inflammation! An ice bath is torturous in the moment, but usually better in the long run.

Ice bath for now.

Drink lots of water and, since you have been sweating, Gatorade or something to replenish the lost minerals.

Ibuprofen or naprosyn for the pain and inflammation from over-exertion.

A hot bath typically feels wonderful in the moment, but it can make the soreness last longer as heat can increase the inflammation! An ice bath is torturous in the moment, but usually better in the long run.

Learn something new everyday. Does that hold true when using Epsom salt in a hot bath also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen to this! A hot bath feels good while you are taking it, but it will definitely not help the next day.... Especially if you go right to bed after taking one. I agree with the ice bath, if you can muster the courage. And if you can, you are a much braver person than I am. I don't even like standing in front of an open freezer for too long. Brrrrrr....

You can also Google yoga stretches for soreness. Yoga can be a great way to relieve achey muscles.

Maybe this will help take your mind off the soreness...

**well now, aren't you just the special one**
Dang @Cheer Dad! Now I am sore all over and now my EYES hurt too! Why do you insist on inflicting this on us, STOP IT NOW!!! lol

PS: If that pooch has got to be the most hideous, what is its name? Spike- I think it got that Quasimoda pooch beat!

Back