All-Star Something Great About Other Gyms/teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The knowledge that I have gained from this board over the past three years has been invaluable, and the parents from other gyms that fill my Facebook feed, too, and love seeing their CPs in action. I love being able to look forward and meet up with other folks from Fierceboard and love the parent section, too.

I love how Woodlands Elite and Cheer St. Louis post when athletes get a new skill on social media! They're really good about doing it for everyone regardless of if its a double full or a back walkover. Everything they post is really positive! I'm sure there are others who do this too :) I love when gyms utilize social media in a positive way, it makes them seem so inviting.

One time Woodlands Elite posted a young girl who got her forward roll. She had the hugest smile on her face. It was precious!

I did not have that many experiences with US gyms so far but the two times i went to worlds two Teams stood out to me. In 2012 right after Large Senior awards we talked to some Girls from F5 and they were so nice even though they just ''lost'' , later that day we asked some Panthers for a picture and again, such classy and nice Ladies on that Team aswell!

We have had numerous positive experiences with World Cup coaches, athletes and parents over the last several years. My CPs spend a lot of time with many of the WC athletes at comps, and it doesn't matter that their teams compete against each other.
In our state, gym owners came together and created an organization designed to bring gyms closer together. They have a competition where the proceeds are used to award scholarships, and this year they are having a beginning of the season showoff for the higher level teams from each gym. I think the message and the effort they are making to bring different gyms closer together is commendable.

I did not have that many experiences with US gyms so far but the two times i went to worlds two Teams stood out to me. In 2012 right after Large Senior awards we talked to some Girls from F5 and they were so nice even though they just ''lost'' , later that day we asked some Panthers for a picture and again, such classy and nice Ladies on that Team aswell!

You could write about (I see that you're from Germany, right?) European teams/gyms as well! Spread the loooveee :cloud9:

Okay will play. First I mention FAME. I love watching their teams even when my kids are going directly against them (and my girl has run out to watch them because she loves to watch them not to see her competition). Stingrays clean precise one of those gyms that if I moved near it I would want my kids there no doubt. Maryland Twisters - they have their teams chanting and going spirited from their meeting spot to warm ups and my girl had a great time at a clinic there. Sure their are more but there is 3.

Stingrays because years ago at a Cheersport comp in Atlanta one of my cp's old gym's teams struggled day 1. We were pretty far from home and at the time it was a small gym, so fan section was pretty sparse. Stingray fans decided to flood the fan section for 'our' performance. Wish I had a picture of the girls faces when they saw the packed cheering section and heard their ovation. Must admit it was the best I recall that team perform all year (and that team awed me all year). The girls were definitely feeding off the crowd energy. This was not even my daughter's team, but the moment was super special and made me a Stingray fan!

MD Twisters parents go hard at the bar.

CA CatMommas assault me (with love) in public.

There have been a lot of inspirational theme practices, texts, group chats, etc., that I've seen from Coach Kelly at CEA Raleigh and that makes me smile.

@CoachMandiCF and Cheer Fusion and NJSE have been FAME Midlo family since forever.

Our Worlds kids, especially, have forged some awesome relationships with Charlotte Midnight, Fab 5, Cali Sparkle, and many other teams. I love the support they provide each other when it matters most!
We love you

Love love this thread!!!

I have such love for FAME, Crimson Heat & Shockwave. They've been great examples of sportsmanship & love between programs!

As a coach I have met such amazing people & have a great deal of respect for all programs

See everytime someone like you comments I'm all like "oh yea their team too!"
I follow Cheer Fusion outside of the boards. Also, Jersey of course! Can't forget my girl @NJ Coach

And @BowCat my all time favorite International ozzie ;)

This thread is the best. I vote it wins an FBA. The Brotherhood award <3

One of my favorite moments happened 2 or 3 years ago. @coach12 and I are friends off the board. We were both coaching a small sr 2 that competed against each other. Anyway, our teams decided at the last competition of the season they were going to stand in priority for each other. So, Day 1, they stood up in priority for us, and on Day 2 my girls stood in priority for them. I was so proud of my girls and @coach12 's girls. The actual competition results didn't matter at that point.

I have such admiration for FCA Gems! Every single routine they have on the floor is clean, exciting, and original. I try to watch all of their performances because I know I won't be able to take my eyes off of the stage.

Locally I have to give a shout to Full Out and Platinum. Platinum dreams big, puts it all out there, and usually gets what they are seeking. Not everyone can/will do that, and that is a trait that I do admire. Full Out is just an amazing well run program, with wonderful coaches. Two different styles, but I am a fan of both.

WOW!!! Thank you @tumbleyoda for the kind words. I have never really heard Platinum Athletics explained like that but it gave me chills reading it!

Some of my favorite programs come with execution and are typically smaller programs. Northern Elite out of MN and Royalty Athletics out of WI, are two of my favorite programs to watch. They have amazing execution and are typically at the top of their divisions, despite maybe not being out their as a household name. Terre Haute Level 1 is almost painful to watch (in a good way) because their execution is absolutely ridiculous. You THINK you are clean until you compete against one of their teams.

Locally, Pride of Illinois has the better execution in our area. They are one of cleaner programs from our area, with Full Out stepping it up big time this year in execution.

Latest posts

Back