All-Star Something Great About Other Gyms/teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wanted to bring this back.

I have several gyms to shout out.

We competed in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We had a collision on S4 that resulted in them leaving a girl laying on the floor for a long time. Like 20mins long while they decided what to do. It was a very emotional experience for our gym. Especially since we were allowed up close for their performance it was right in front of us. I think our whole gym was emotional in that moment.

The Cheer Pitt and Twist and Shout had gathered around to pray for our girl. They don't know her but in this time they could only imagine how serious the injury could be and they prayed.

956fc508ff69f7b6a98b1ad804271235.jpg

Also on Twitter I saw numerous tweets to pray for the Vipers from ICT and Cheer Eclipse.
The fact that so many people cared at that moment. They didn't care if we were in first in our division or against them. They truly cared about her well being and the fact that they wanted her to be ok!!

I also sat among Cheer Eclipse parents the whole day on day 2. Probably some of the nicest parents. We see them again at our next comp and I joked with them about saving me a seat so we can catch up. They had nothing but nice things to say and their teams looked incredible. They really wanted a summit bid and we took 4 of them but they were still really nice about it although I felt bad. We have a bunch of chances to get them and I know not everyone else does. I'm sure their teams were very close to them in some of the divisions. I truly hope they get all the bids at ACA. They were just so kind!!

Also while I was in line at the concessions which might I add was a very very long and slow line I met two of @Mclovin T&S kids (from her level 4 that she coaches, not her actual kids) They were so sweet and had nothing but nice things to say about their coaches and team and our teams and giving us compliments Im sure we don't deserve. I really just thought those girls must of been brought up right. I hope my daughter is as sweet as they were when she grows up! Also the t&s coach that told my daughter she was so pretty or one of the prettiest girls he has seen totally made her day. She told everyone that a t&s coach said she was pretty because I guess being from twist and shout and saying it is cooler than someone from your gym saying it. Like way to boost her confidence! Lol she did find him for a picture the next day!

I don't think I had anything negative to say about any team at this comp. Everyone was so pleasant and kind that I ran into!

Last edited:
I wanted to bring this back.

I have several gyms to shout out.

We competed in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We had a collision on S4 that resulted in them leaving a girl laying on the floor for a long time. Like 20mins long while they decided what to do. It was a very emotional experience for our gym. Especially since we were allowed up close for their performance it was right in front of us. I think our whole gym was emotional in that moment.

The Cheer Pitt and Twist and Shout had gathered around to pray for our girl. They don't know her but in this time they could only imagine how serious the injury could be and they prayed.

956fc508ff69f7b6a98b1ad804271235.jpg

Also on Twitter I saw numerous tweets to pray for the Vipers from ICT and Cheer Eclipse.
The fact that so many people cared at that moment. They didn't care if we were in first in our division or against them. They truly cared about her well being and the fact that they wanted her to be ok!!

I also sat among Cheer Eclipse parents the whole day on day 2. Probably some of the nicest parents. We see them again at our next comp and I joked with them about saving me a seat so we can catch up. They had nothing but nice things to say and their teams looked incredible. They really wanted a summit bid and we took 4 of them but they were still really nice about it although I felt bad. We have a bunch of chances to get them and I know not everyone else does. I'm sure their teams were very close to them in some of the divisions. I truly hope they get all the bids at ACA. They were just so kind!!

Also while I was in line at the concessions which might I add was a very very long and slow line I met two of @Mclovin T&S kids! They were so sweet and had nothing but nice things to say about their coaches and team and our teams and giving us compliments Im sure we don't deserve. I really just thought those girls must of been brought up right. I hope my daughter is as sweet as they were when she grows up! Also the t&s coach that told my daughter she was so pretty or one of the prettiest girls he has seen totally made her day. She told everyone that a t&s coach said she was pretty because I guess being from twist and shout and saying it is cooler than someone from your gym saying it. Like way to boost her confidence! Lol she did find him for a picture the next day!

I don't think I had anything negative to say about any team at this comp. Everyone was so pleasant and kind that I ran into!

You are too kind! I am glad my girls had a positive effect on you. You never know what your kids are like when you're not around, lol, so this makes me happy as a mom. :)

I am really glad your athletes that had that collision are ok!! No one ever wants to see something like that happen regardless of whether you're competing against them or not.

Your daughter is absolutely precious and STUNNING!! I told her I've been keeping up with her tumbling on Facebook and couldn't wait to watch her continue to succeed :)

I don't usually post....I'm more of a lurker, but had to break my silence today to pay a compliment to a member of another gym! An athlete from Cheer Sport Sharks in Ontario came to my CP's open gym last night and brought several Cheer Sport bows with her to share with our athletes. My CP was thrilled to get a bow from Canada (we are located quite a bit further south)! I just wish we had a bow with us to share in return, but unfortunately my CP doesn't usually wear a bow to the gym (despite my begging her to). Thanks to the sweet Cheer Sport athlete and her mom that we met last night!

Last year, as a first year gym, we had a lot of teams looking at us crazy for attending some of the bigger competitions (Cheersport & UCA nationals, for example). However, I remember coaches from Atlanta Jayhawks riding on the bus with us, sharing random tips and helpful hints about the competition. We appreciated their support and words of kindness more than they know!

We love our gym away from home, River City Allstars in Hurricane, WV. My husband's family lives there and when CP goes to visit, they have more than welcomed her with open arms. She will take some tumbling classes when she is in town just so she doesn't miss out on so much gym time. They are all Fabulous. They love the sport and will help out, no matter what gym you are from. Hoping to get to see them at a competition at some point in the year!

I went to Top Gun Orlando (formerly Orlando Allstars) back in October for an open gym. As I'm not from the gym (I'm an out of state/country athlete that was on holiday at the time) I was expecting to be put in an uncomfortable position. I was totally shocked to find that all of the athletes and coaches there were incredibly kind and welcoming and they pretty much treated me like I was a member of their gym/team. I completely fell in love with the place as there isn't much like that in the uk, but I also fell in love with the atmosphere there. The coaches on hand were also incredibly helpful and I wish I could have just stayed there forever! Definitely going back next time I'm in Florida :)

This is late, but I wanted to compliment another team from our trip to the Battle at the Capitol. My cp's J5 team went on right before Maryland Twisters F5. I heard from many back in warm-ups that they gave plenty of compliments and words of encouragement to our girls. That left an impression for some of the younger girls.. Thanks for the kind words, whatever they were.....btw. Your day 2 performance was flawless!

Sorry just had to bring back this thread

Last weekend was my first comp of the season with a new team for me and I had to learn the routine in 3 practices. A team I tried out for but didn't make the team was there and we were straight after my team. They took the time during their tumble warm up to watch our full out on the warm up mat and they cheered and clapped for us and just made it a lovely day showing great sportmanship

Also met a lovely group of girls in the toilets from east coast emeralds doing makeup and hair. We were in the same division but everyone was so friendly and I helped one with their hair and saw them throughout the day. it was lovely to see them a a great shame I am not going to see them at any other comp this season

This past weekend we competed at JAMZ Nationals in Las Vegas. After our day one performance we had a few legality issues, so of course we fixed our problem. Well backstage in warmups our girls started getting nervous about the changes. Let me add we are a brand new program, first year ever, Senior 4.2. Anyway, my kids were clearly getting frazzled and started dropping stunts, and getting extremely stressed. The next team waiting for the warmup mat was PCM Lady Elegance. I believe it is their IO6 team. Well, they all crowded around our warmup mat, cheering on our kids, encouraging them and giving them pointers! They started counting for them, and yelling and cheering when they would hit. It made SUCH an impact on my kids! They were super grateful and it warmed my heart. As soon as my kids were finished with their performance, they ran right back around to stand in front of the stage to cheer on Lady Elegance for their performance! :cheering:

This past weekend we competed at JAMZ Nationals in Las Vegas. After our day one performance we had a few legality issues, so of course we fixed our problem. Well backstage in warmups our girls started getting nervous about the changes. Let me add we are a brand new program, first year ever, Senior 4.2. Anyway, my kids were clearly getting frazzled and started dropping stunts, and getting extremely stressed. The next team waiting for the warmup mat was PCM Lady Elegance. I believe it is their IO6 team. Well, they all crowded around our warmup mat, cheering on our kids, encouraging them and giving them pointers! They started counting for them, and yelling and cheering when they would hit. It made SUCH an impact on my kids! They were super grateful and it warmed my heart. As soon as my kids were finished with their performance, they ran right back around to stand in front of the stage to cheer on Lady Elegance for their performance! :cheering:
Yes!!! <3. So so so happy to hear this. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Back