All-Star Spandex With Soffes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's weird hearing how some gyms aren't allowed to wear just a sports bra to practice?! All of my cps practice clothes are just sports bras and spandex (Nike Pros) and if you are not in practice clothes that's what the coaches tell you to wear. Since everyone doesn't have the new practice outfits yet it is mandatory to wear a black sports bra and black shorts to team practices. Maybe it's because we are in Vegas and its about 105 everyday!
Our gym + a lot of gyms in our area are non-sports bra. Maybe it's because of security with an abundance of male coaches, or maybe it's as simple as a teenage girl's body image or just to "keep it classy" since there are very young children and several other businesses around our gym that probably don't want to see half naked girls running around in the parking lot haha! I've attended gyms that allowed sports bras and we were fine with it. Around this time of year when it's hot I really wish we were still allowed to! But you know, it all depends on the gym. :fro:

My cp has to get the same size.

If you have a bigger dicks around you then you shouldn't have a problem finding them in the kids size. A few towns I have lived in that were smaller has not had them in kids.
Also academy sports and outdoors always has them at everyone I have been at.
Try Dicks or Academy Of Sports online.

My CP LOVES the Reebok Girls Compression Shorts that they sell at Dicks, both in the store and online. She has them in a dozen different colors/designs and wears them under everything. They are between $12-$18 and there are usually sales and free shipping online. More often that not she will start out at practice with Soffes and the compression shorts underneath and by the time I pick her up, she is just in the compression shorts. She says the Soffes get annoying when she tumbles.

These are our camp clothes/practice wear for this year and both my cps love them! Last year was only the spandex type shorts so im glad to see them switching it up. But my older one says that she doesnt like Soffe shorts either.

2d6prbd.jpg

at my gym, almost no one wears spandex under soffees :s theres a few that do, and when i was a flyer I did (self-conscious purposes) but we have NEVER had a problem with only wearing soffees

My old uniform from past years always had spankies that weren't attached to the uniform. I always wear them with my soffees. Even though I'm a backspot, I feel more comfortable wearing them

I think everybody should be required to wear some kind of spandex under shorts. Spandex are cute alone also imo, as long as they fit right and aren't too short/small. No one should come to practice with just underwear & shorts.

I ALWAYS wear spandex under my shorts, and I'm a backspot. all the other girls on my HS team who don't fly think it's kinda weird that I wear them, but I'm just used to it & I like it better than just wearing shorts.

I've watched the evolution of practice wear stay on par with the evolution of uniforms the past 10 years.

Our first all star uniform was heavy polyester with a feather skirt , full length top, and a long sleeved body liner. I tried to get the gym owner to get the fancy new sequin spankies, and she said heavens no as she clutched her pearls. The practice wear then was tshirts and soffees.

We moved on to to crop tops with the metallic trim and shiny spankies, we also moved to tank tops and soffees.

Then we had a uniform with cutouts, bling, and zebra. The girls started wearing sports bras and soffees to practice. Some girls still wore tank tops or tshirts, what they were each comfortable in.

The next uniform was a GK style one. The girls all started wearing spandex shorts, yoga shorts, and sports bras to practice.

I feel like as the uniforms get more athletic and sleek, so does the practice wear.

I should own stock in Nike with the amount of money I drop on Nike Pros and Sports Bras! My Cps likes the shorter 2.5" (both fliers). Last year was the first year our gym really said-you gotta wear spandex under your shorts bc we had boys on our Level 5 team. I get almost everything at richard's Sporting goods-I sign up for the rewards cards and use their coupons every chance I get. Our high school also has $10 off/$50 purchase coupons for richard's, on the back of EVERY varsity football and basketball game ticket-so with a CP that cheers varsity, those are a lifesaver! Now I will say, there is a habit to wear those Nike Pros without Soffees-not a big fan of that trend (My older CP is on that one).

Latest posts

Back