All-Star Spirit Fest 3/5-3/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i dont understand how they didnt give a second place team that hit 2 days in a row an at large bid but gave teams that were on the bottom of their division and didnt hit both days bids. doesnt make sense to me.
My cp team small y3 tied for 2nd ..the first place team already had a bid, they were also a large y3, which I dislike when they combine...we thought maybe our team might of had a chance but no go. I read one gym owner posting that hall A judges scored consistently higher then hall B and most summit bids were given to hall A....not sure how true that is, just what I read. Congrats to all the teams that competed this weekend.

Last edited:
My cp team small y3 tied for 2nd ..the first place team already had a bid, they were also a large y3, which I dislike when they combine...we thought maybe our team might of had a chance but no go. I read one gym owner posting that hall A judges scored consistently higher then hall B and most summit bids were given to hall A....not sure how true that is, just what I read. Congrats to all the teams that competed this weekend.
I dont even think score was a factor to be honest. . . . Like I said our Senior 1 team was not only grand champs of their division, but had the highest score of the entire comp and did not get a paid bid--they already have an AL bid but it would have been nice if they had received the paid that they deserved according to the bid declaration.

I dont even think score was a factor to be honest. . . . Like I said our Senior 1 team was not only grand champs of their division, but had the highest score of the entire comp and did not get a paid bid--they already have an AL bid but it would have been nice if they had received the paid that they deserved according to the bid declaration.
What you are saying is that your Senior 1 team had the "highest percentage of perfection" of the entire competition? Have you seen the scores? I have been looking for them and cannot find them anywhere. I appreciate your help!

That's just crazy....sorry for your team. I'm sure upgrading to a paid would have made many parents happy saving that money and not for nothing the kids earned it. Highest score of comp, I though the top 2 got the paids.....such bs

Not sure how true this is but heard that before the paid Summit awards were announced all judges from both halls got together and reviewed the videos from the top teams and voted collectively who should get the paid bids since judges in one hall scored consistently higher. It may suck but makes sense.

Not sure how true this is but heard that before the paid Summit awards were announced all judges from both halls got together and reviewed the videos from the top teams and voted collectively who should get the paid bids since judges in one hall scored consistently higher. It may suck but makes sense.
There was a separate committee that decided all summit bids.

I find it very difficult to believe that a Senior 1 had a score higher than Senior 5 teams. Perhaps percentage of perfection but actual score? Not possible.

I find it very difficult to believe that a Senior 1 had a score higher than Senior 5 teams. Perhaps percentage of perfection but actual score? Not possible.
Because level 1 is only scored out of a 90, they are a full 10 points behind every division, so would be unfair to use actual score. Percentage of perfection is used because it converts level 1 to a score out of 100, to be inline with every other level.

Because level 1 is only scored out of a 90, they are a full 10 points behind every division, so would be unfair to use actual score. Percentage of perfection is used because it converts level 1 to a score out of 100, to be inline with every other level.

And level 6 used to be out of 106 - it wouldn't be fair when competing against level 5 for worlds bids to just use score.

This!

Also, our level 1, is hardly a beginner team. While some of our girls barely have a BHS, they've been cheering for years! Every single girl on the team is technically cheering below skill level. To me it's like everyone on level 5 having a double.

Is that just for stunting? A lot of these teams don't have level 5 tumbling

Level 6 tumbling rules are (basically, not quite) the same as level 5. There was an extra point available in stunts, pyramids, and baskets. Maybe it was 103 total, I don't remember.

But yes, I believe the extra points were only available in building.

Back