All-Star Spirit Fest Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
Does anyone know if a team declined their at large bid from Spirit Fest last weekend? I ask because I know Jersey Pride small senior 5 was not awarded a bid at the comp, but now they have one. Just wondering how that happens. Did someone decline or were there extra bids? I know JP was supposed to be going for a bid at RTB next weekend, so this would be one less team needing a bid at RTB.

Does anyone know if a team declined their at large bid from Spirit Fest last weekend? I ask because I know Jersey Pride small senior 5 was not awarded a bid at the comp, but now they have one. Just wondering how that happens. Did someone decline or were there extra bids? I know JP was supposed to be going for a bid at RTB next weekend, so this would be one less team needing a bid at RTB.

I heard that NY Cheer lost their bid. I don't know the details of that though. I thought KC Cats IOC6 had the next highest score of the competition though. Maybe they didn't want it. Or maybe they didn't want to give all of their at-large bids to open teams.

I heard that NY Cheer lost their bid. I don't know the details of that though. I thought KC Cats IOC6 had the next highest score of the competition though. Maybe they didn't want it. Or maybe they didn't want to give all of their at-large bids to open teams.

Oh, interesting. I'm pretty sure NY Cheer was the team that placed just ahead of Jersey Pride in small senior. Maybe the EP just gave it to the next small senior team in line???

Why would a team lose a bid (not specifically NY cheer, but in general)? Could it be they found out athletes were ineligible for some reason? What other reasons?

Oh, interesting. I'm pretty sure NY Cheer was the team that placed just ahead of Jersey Pride in small senior. Maybe the EP just gave it to the next small senior team in line???

Why would a team lose a bid (not specifically NY cheer, but in general)? Could it be they found out athletes were ineligible for some reason? What other reasons?

Probably some sort of ineligibility. Either at this comp or at worlds last year. I'm not sure of the details. But I think that would really be the only reason.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

New York cheer was disqualified. they had an underaged girl and someone caught them. USASF investigated and she was under 12. they are not allowed to attend worlds.

If they knew they were banned from worlds then why did they put together and advertise a worlds team this season? Did they think that they could pull a fast one? Again?

If they knew they were banned from worlds then why did they put together and advertise a worlds team this season? Did they think that they could pull a fast one? Again?

Probably yes (although I don't know any specifics in this case). I'm just glad that USASF stepped up and enforced their rules. The more often gyms get caught cheating, the less likely cheating will occur. There are certain gyms that I have seen cheat year after year and have gotten away with it, but I am glad to say I think between social media (so many cheerleaders are friends and know ages, etc so it is a lot easier to call someone out) and USASF taking a harder stance on rule enforcement I am hopeful these incidents will happen less often. If USASF would publicize rule violations on their website it would improve rule enforcement even more - it bothers me that these gyms violate the rules it is being kept "hush-hush"

I feel badly for any family who was swindled into thinking their child would have a chance to compete at worlds with that program this year!

Back