All-Star Spirit Fest Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel badly for any family who was swindled into thinking their child would have a chance to compete at worlds with that program this year!
Agreed! It is a shame if they had no idea and would be an excellent reason for an appeal for a release, or even better an automatic release (different thread I know!).

I think a very good question is if a team is caught competing with an illegal athlete at Worlds and is dq'd, are they told what the repercussions are for that team in that division the following year. Does anyone know the answer to this? King Andre?

Probably yes (although I don't know any specifics in this case). I'm just glad that USASF stepped up and enforced their rules. The more often gyms get caught cheating, the less likely cheating will occur. There are certain gyms that I have seen cheat year after year and have gotten away with it, but I am glad to say I think between social media (so many cheerleaders are friends and know ages, etc so it is a lot easier to call someone out) and USASF taking a harder stance on rule enforcement I am hopeful these incidents will happen less often. If USASF would publicize rule violations on their website it would improve rule enforcement even more - it bothers me that these gyms violate the rules it is being kept "hush-hush"
This. Would make a big difference on so many levels, including to parents looking at new programs.

I'm not sticking up for them in any way and don't have a dog in this fight, but I can see how they could potentially be confused. The rule is that they are banned from that division for one year. If they wanted to add a boy (he could just nugget the whole routine and not even participate in anything other than physically being on the floor), and go to a random last chance bid comp this weekend they would be allowed to get a bid and compete at worlds in small coed. They could also add one random lower level girl and compete in MAG with 21 as long as they got a new bid, which isn't hard to do at this time of year. I really think that the rule needs to be changed to a flat out ban from all USASF member comps and from all worlds divisions for the next year so people would think twice about using illegal athletes

Apparently, the program didn't know they wouldn't be able to attend Worlds in the same division.

Apparently, the program didn't know they wouldn't be able to attend Worlds in the same division.
They didn't know they couldn't attend Worlds in the same division, they didn't know that an athlete who turned 12 after August 31st violated the age grid....did they know they have the same access to the rules and age grids as everyone else as well as the ability to ask questions about things that may need clarification? When has ignorance become such an acceptable excuse?

They didn't know they couldn't attend Worlds in the same division, they didn't know that an athlete who turned 12 after August 31st violated the age grid....did they know they have the same access to the rules and age grids as everyone else as well as the ability to ask questions about things that may need clarification? When has ignorance become such an acceptable excuse?
No disagreement from me. Just putting out there what I know.

No disagreement from me. Just putting out there what I know.
Let's say, hypothetically, that a gym has a history of using illegal athletes and has pretty much gotten away with it in the past. Now they get nailed using an illegal athlete at a huge competition and the ramifications extend into the following season. Are you as likely to believe the plea/apology that they did not know that they were doing something wrong and that there would be repercussions?

I'm not sticking up for them in any way and don't have a dog in this fight, but I can see how they could potentially be confused. The rule is that they are banned from that division for one year. If they wanted to add a boy (he could just nugget the whole routine and not even participate in anything other than physically being on the floor), and go to a random last chance bid comp this weekend they would be allowed to get a bid and compete at worlds in small coed. They could also add one random lower level girl and compete in MAG with 21 as long as they got a new bid, which isn't hard to do at this time of year. I really think that the rule needs to be changed to a flat out ban from all USASF member comps and from all worlds divisions for the next year so people would think twice about using illegal athletes
This would absolutely send a huge message to gyms about using an illegal athlete. The fact that they are even allowed to try for a bid in another division the following season is like giving the guilty gym a finger wag and a pat on the behind.

All we'll see where they show up and with which teams. They posted on twitter that they had a new goal. Does anyone know if they are coming to RTB?
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Let's say, hypothetically, that a gym has a history of using illegal athletes and has pretty much gotten away with it in the past. Now they get nailed using an illegal athlete at a huge competition and the ramifications extend into the following season. Are you as likely to believe the plea/apology that they did not know that they were doing something wrong and that there would be repercussions?
It's not so much whether I believe a team or not. I have no sympathy for them. If an organization uses an illegal athlete (over/under age), they deserve the punishment given. Does it matter if they are sorry it happened, or more likely, sorry they got caught...Not really.

In regards to this, I was only posting what was said elsewhere, not whether I believed it (which I didn't).

It's not so much whether I believe a team or not. I have no sympathy for them. If an organization uses an illegal athlete (over/under age), they deserve the punishment given. Does it matter if they are sorry it happened, or more likely, sorry they got caught...Not really.

In regards to this, I was only posting what was said elsewhere, not whether I believed it (which I didn't).
It's usually just that - more that they're sorry they got caught than anything else. If I was a parent at that gym I would be irate right now.

How is Spirit Fest in Tacoma Washington for their nationals event? Possibly looking into this event to attend.

How is Spirit Fest in Tacoma Washington for their nationals event? Possibly looking into this event to attend.

I think that's a different EP. This company only has one event and its in CT.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back