All-Star Spirit Fest Nationals (3/23 - 3/24/13)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was looking at the bid comps for march. NCA is 3/2, UCA and wildwood in NJ are 3/9. Canam is the weekend after that, but depending on convention center availability, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the weekend of the 16th. Maybe even the 9th, but they might lose some teams to UCA or wildwood

ECE, PRO & USA will all be at UCA so hopefully it won't be that weekend that would take a few teams out of the comp

I was looking at the bid comps for march. NCA is 3/2, UCA and wildwood in NJ are 3/9. Canam is the weekend after that, but depending on convention center availability, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the weekend of the 16th. Maybe even the 9th, but they might lose some teams to UCA or wildwood
Our state high school cheer comp is March 9 th weekend, we have a lot of athletes who do both.

I think the reason why they had to cancel is because there is almost a 100% chance of a state of emergency this weekend, and from what I understand the convention center can not be open during a state of emergency. SpiritFest was in a no-win situation and given the circumstances I think this is the best decision they could have made. It stinks for the teams that were going for bids though:( Hoping they reschedule on a weekend we aren't already competing!
Yes convention center has to close in state of emergency!

I just booked a room at the Marriot every Saturday night in March. hahahahahaha

Our state high school cheer comp is March 9 th weekend, we have a lot of athletes who do both.

Yeah, I mean, they're kind of limited to what the convention center has available.

On the schedule right now, they have:

CONNECTICUT HOME & REMODELING SHOW
03/01/2013 - 03/03/2013
NBC CONNECTICUT HEALTH & WELLNESS FESTIVAL
03/09/2013 - 03/10/2013
CONNECTICUT GOLF SHOW
03/15/2013 - 03/17/2013
IRON SHARPENS IRON HARTFORD MEN’S CONFERENCE
03/16/2013
CHEERSPORT’S HARTFORD GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
03/17/2013
FOR INSPIRATION & RECOGNITION OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
03/28/2013 - 03/30/2013

Its a possibility that they could switch venues. Im sure itd be cheaper to stick with the same one but you never know.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

It could be at Mohegan. It looks like they have some availability in the Arena there. And since they're reschduling it might be a smaller event and could fit in one venue.

Mohegan Sun - Connecticut - Entertainment - Mohegan Sun Arena

I checked Providence too - looks like they have the 17/18 and 24/25 free.
ha ha! i think it's pretty funny how we're figuring out this whole thing for them!
I think we're all just going a little stir crazy knowing we have a whole weekend off.;)

Back