All-Star Spirit Of Hope Nationals Charlotte, Nc 1/17/15-1/18/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I thought placements were good. Same question about bids. We had 7 first place finishes and ended up with just one bid. Thinking it's going to be hard to get to Summit this year as we only have two more chances!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking the placements on Small Coed 5 were just a little wonky. Don't think anyone moved up or down from day 1 to 2. Oh, well. The division had 10 teams in it, and placing in middle not bad. Just have to work harder next time in DC. Proud of my middle CP-got injured in warm-ups on day 2 with jammed fingers-got taped and hit all stunts perfect on Worlds team! Day 1 on her J4 team went on mat with no warmup time due to crossovers and hit routine with no deductions.

Thinking the placements on Small Coed 5 were just a little wonky. Don't think anyone moved up or down from day 1 to 2. Oh, well. The division had 10 teams in it, and placing in middle not bad. Just have to work harder next time in DC. Proud of my middle CP-got injured in warm-ups on day 2 with jammed fingers-got taped and hit all stunts perfect on Worlds team! Day 1 on her J4 team went on mat with no warmup time due to crossovers and hit routine with no deductions.

I will always love every one of your program's routines!

Let me first say that I was not at this competition, but from some of the things I had heard, my interest was peaked. I will say that finding out that your team would be ineligible for a paid bid to Summit at the check in is absolutely ridiculous. If there was truly nothing that stated this prior to the comp, then the teams this affected should have the ability to pull out with a refund of monies paid. I feel certain no one would want to do that after they had traveled so far/long and paid for hotels, but the option should have been there. I feel certain this will affect who goes to this comp for Summit bids next year.
That being said, I was very surprised/disturbed by the stacking I saw on at least one team in the L5 division with "new" athletes. After comparing their showcase video with their performance video on Sunday, I am just shaking my head. We all talk about things USASF should be "policing"... THIS is the thing that they absolutely need to take a look at. I said it last year and I will say it again. There needs to be a maximum number of people per team that are allowed to be used on multiple teams to get AL or Paid bids.
I am thinking somewhere around 2. This will allow for injuries/illness without actually changing/raising the abilities of a team and changing them into something THEY ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT! Using athletes from other teams so that the team is more competitive (with the intention of NEVER using them on this team at Worlds) is basically "stealing" money from the EPs. So sick of these gyms "working the system" with their questionable ethics/morals. Basically they are letting their athletes on these teams know that "you are not good enough on your own to get the bid/get paid so we are going to fix it so you can by bringing in better athletes." Then these kids get to Worlds and are embarrassed/shocked at their placements because they are truly not the team that was portrayed from the get go. I am appalled that the parents of these kids aren't bothered by this either. Just because you can get around the rules, doesn't mean you should.

Let me first say that I was not at this competition, but from some of the things I had heard, my interest was peaked. I will say that finding out that your team would be ineligible for a paid bid to Summit at the check in is absolutely ridiculous. If there was truly nothing that stated this prior to the comp, then the teams this affected should have the ability to pull out with a refund of monies paid. I feel certain no one would want to do that after they had traveled so far/long and paid for hotels, but the option should have been there. I feel certain this will affect who goes to this comp for Summit bids next year.
That being said, I was very surprised/disturbed by the stacking I saw on at least one team in the L5 division with "new" athletes. After comparing their showcase video with their performance video on Sunday, I am just shaking my head. We all talk about things USASF should be "policing"... THIS is the thing that they absolutely need to take a look at. I said it last year and I will say it again. There needs to be a maximum number of people per team that are allowed to be used on multiple teams to get AL or Paid bids.
I am thinking somewhere around 2. This will allow for injuries/illness without actually changing/raising the abilities of a team and changing them into something THEY ABSOLUTELY ARE NOT! Using athletes from other teams so that the team is more competitive (with the intention of NEVER using them on this team at Worlds) is basically "stealing" money from the EPs. So sick of these gyms "working the system" with their questionable ethics/morals. Basically they are letting their athletes on these teams know that "you are not good enough on your own to get the bid/get paid so we are going to fix it so you can by bringing in better athletes." Then these kids get to Worlds and are embarrassed/shocked at their placements because they are truly not the team that was portrayed from the get go. I am appalled that the parents of these kids aren't bothered by this either. Just because you can get around the rules, doesn't mean you should.
If it's the team I'm thinking of, this isn't the first time the gym has done that. I really feel bad for those kids. I agree, something definitely should be done about it, but the USASF has "bigger" problems on their hands. You know, the ones that don't really matter lol.

If it's the team I'm thinking of, this isn't the first time the gym has done that. I really feel bad for those kids. I agree, something definitely should be done about it, but the USASF has "bigger" problems on their hands. You know, the ones that don't really matter lol.
I am sure it is...just feel like this is a HUGE problem/loophole they need to close up. Will do wonders for our sport and stop some of this trifling foolishness some of these crazy gyms try to pull.

I am sure it is...just feel like this is a HUGE problem/loophole they need to close up. Will do wonders for our sport and stop some of this trifling foolishness some of these crazy gyms try to pull.

Totally agree with this it is a bit ridiculous actually. Field the teams you can field on their own. However I will say this is nothing new or anything that shocks me coming from where this is.

Last edited:
Not just for you but for the others that commented as well: What team/gym are y'all talking about?

Our gym knew quite a few weeks ago that there would be one paid junior bid and one paid Sr bid for The Summit.

I will always love every one of your program's routines!
Thank you! The kids have to get used to the fast pace and get a little tighter in the routine. I for one would have thrown up on stage with that pressure! Which actually happened earlier for a different team. I did not tell my CP-if she had know that she would have prob. run out the building! Poor kid though from the other team. that is the worst!

Did they release score sheets for this one? Would love to see how my CP's two teams actually scored. Anyone seen one?

Back