All-Star Spirit Of Hope Nationals Charlotte, Nc 1/17/15-1/18/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you! The kids have to get used to the fast pace and get a little tighter in the routine. I for one would have thrown up on stage with that pressure! Which actually happened earlier for a different team. I did not tell my CP-if she had know that she would have prob. run out the building! Poor kid though from the other team. that is the worst!

Yeah, I was told it gave the floor an odor of onion. Yummy.

There was one team in warmups that had 3-4 kids throwing up. Apparently the team had a stomach bug and lots of sick kids but they came anyway. Crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a fair idea what gym you're talking abut. Not so sure about the team but their Medium Coed 5 team did just go large and this was their first competition in Large Coed so that would be quite a difference from showcase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, but when competing at Worlds (which is what the bid was for) teams are not allowed to cross athletes from one team to another.

True, but when competing at Worlds (which is what the bid was for) teams are not allowed to cross athletes from one team to another.
So wait, is a team allowed to switch divisions after earning a bid? i.e. Team A earns a bid competing as division I but wants to switch to division II at Worlds? Because I definitely did see some "crossovers" on said team and wondered how it would all work out.

So wait, is a team allowed to switch divisions after earning a bid? i.e. Team A earns a bid competing as division I but wants to switch to division II at Worlds? Because I definitely did see some "crossovers" on said team and wondered how it would all work out.
Nope. You can have up to 10 alternates though, 3 from wherever and 7 that had to have been at the same competition with the same program where the bid was received.

No. They would need a new bid for the new division. You need to put the same number of people on the floor as you did when you won the bid, regardless of whether you change divsions or not.

Reading above, so CEA Medium Phoenix is now Phoenix Large Coed, and now CEA has 2 large coed teams that will compete against each other at worlds because you have to keep the bid in the same division to which you received it?

Do other gyms face this same dilemma when having mulitple locations and end up fielding teams in the same division?

Reading above, so CEA Medium Phoenix is now Phoenix Large Coed, and now CEA has 2 large coed teams that will compete against each other at worlds because you have to keep the bid in the same division to which you received it?

Do other gyms face this same dilemma when having mulitple locations and end up fielding teams in the same division?
It's never happened with a Worlds team but even ACX with just two locations ends up competing against each other quite often. Usually in big divisions like Tiny 1 or Youth 2. They try to avoid it as much as possible but sometimes it can't be avoided.

However with Worlds team I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to avoid this from happening. Did Phoenix get a partial paid bid or an at large?

Last edited:
I would think overall it would really suck to compete against your own team.

We don't have teams in the same division but we always have teams in the same level and even that sucks. Most every comp it is between j3 or s3 who gets high point.

And I think either our j2 or y2 has got high point at every single comp this season. And they are about even on who gets HighPoint.
This past weekend at aca y2 got hp and j2 was the second highest level 2.

It's almost like a division between the two but no team is better than the other they both bring different things to the table.
But it sucks because you want them to do good but not as good as you. Lol
I couldn't imagine being from a large gym and competing against our own teams. It wouldn't even feel as much like a family when you cheer them on to victory. If our gym ever gets so big that they had teams in the same division I hope they take them to different comps.

I'm looking forward to the day we don't have several teams in the same level . Lol don't know if it will happen!

Even if they were medium coed they would still be competing against Smoex. I think CEA has 3 small coed teams too. I think several of the "mega gyms" that have multiple locations (CA, Cali, CEA, ACE, etc) face it, it would be really hard to avoid.

Yeah, I was told it gave the floor an odor of onion. Yummy.
ewww! Poor kiddo! When oldest CP went to the bowl game in Dec. the band that they rode buses with had a bug going around too! How miserable is that driving 15 hours with stomache virus! Youngest CP always has at minimum 5 Pocket-Bac from Bath and Body works near her at all times!

Back