All-Star Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know what it feels like to get second at a big competition. No I know it's something to be proud of, but when you want first so bad, i's really dissappointing. And when the other team is screaming and celebrateing right in front of your face, it makes you feel alot worse. There's nothing wrong with celebrating a win, but wait until it's your time to celebrate, please :)

We're done Believing... Its time to start knowing that WE....ARE.... WORLD..... CHAMPIONS!

I personally as a fan was excited for the win because with their drop, I knew it could have gone either way. But I stayed a believer!

Remember when the boards got SHUT DOWN during Cheersport last year because SPIT hit the fan?

I was the biggest supporter of the whole NO CELEBRATING UNTIL YOUR NAME IS CALLED idea. But then, this weekend....when WCSS was called, I lost it. I'm sorry, but I did. Now...if I flipped out....with no ties to the gym what so ever, I don't see how the girls were expected to sit calmly.

This whole bashing of teams is getting old. I'm over fans of CEA and Senior Elite being called "hypocritical". Girls from WC and SE BOTH were talking to my after awards and BOTH teams were discussing how nice and cordial the other team was being. I WAS THERE when they were texting each other afterwards trying to meet up and congratulate each other. Why can no one focus on this? Once again, it's the "fans" stirring up trouble. The girls ON the teams are friendly and nice, why is it so hard for the supporters to be?

okay...I'M just gonna put it out there...I would be embarrassed if my daughter's team behaved at awards as did CEA. It was the most unsportsmanship reaction that I have EVER seen. My heart went out to WCSS.
they couldn't even celebrate their 2nd place win. How dare you...How dare you!! I hope Courtney is proud of her team's behavior...I will never forget it and will always remember CEA in this light

I believe this is extremely too harsh. I'd like to see you put yourself in their place. I GUARANTEE you would never be able to completely contain yourself.

I was the biggest supporter of the whole NO CELEBRATING UNTIL YOUR NAME IS CALLED idea. But then, this weekend....when WCSS was called, I lost it. I'm sorry, but I did. Now...if I flipped out....with no ties to the gym what so ever, I don't see how the girls were expected to sit calmly.

This whole bashing of teams is getting old. I'm over fans of CEA and Senior Elite being called "hypocritical". Girls from WC and SE BOTH were talking to my after awards and BOTH teams were discussing how nice and cordial the other team was being. I WAS THERE when they were texting each other afterwards trying to meet up and congratulate each other. Why can no one focus on this? Once again, it's the "fans" stirring up trouble. The girls ON the teams are friendly and nice, why is it so hard for the supporters to be?

I can verify this. Because I was there as well.

How did I know this topic would involve a big 4 large senior team.....

I think we should get a color for threads that are going to bash SE and critique them, then I can avoid them and let all you nitpickers cry about it. This is ridiculous. Stars obviously weren't "thrilled" with second place, and most, if not all of them were in no way jumping for joy. So, basically what your saying is we should all honor stars disappointment for 10 seconds and then let SE go crazy after that? I'm not saying stars were pissed they got second either, so don't turn it into that. I'm saying your talking about 36 teenage girls and their coaches that have waited the 182 days since they debuted that routine to the world for that moment and your telling them to be quiet for 10 extra seconds.....I have three words for you: You. Are. Crazy.

adding to this: all of us CEA fans didn't help either since most of us reacted the same exact way as the team, so add on the fact that the milk house was practically shaking when stars was called and your asking these girls to sit there in silence, again I laugh.

Oh and uhm something else..

This thread is about good sportsmanship and congratulating the teams that had it. It kind of defeats the purpose when people are bashing on other teams. so lets just all be friends here please :)

Well on a positive note, I saw Twist & Shout having amazing sportsmanship. After their "not so best" performance day 2 they were clapping for spirit of texas their entire routine while balling their eyes out. So sad but heartwarming to watch!

Hmm so you expect a team who's been working their buts off for this title to remain calm when they find out they won worlds? Not cheersport or nca but worlds. And it's their 1st gold. When you hear the whole arena screaming you definitely wouldn't just sit there calmly. CEA was great and had great sportsmanship.

You might want to listen to how loud this arena got when they were called. It wasn't ALL the team. All the emotion in that moment, yeah...I wouldn't have been able to sit still either.

If EVERY other award ceremony went with good sportmanship ... I had no clue why this one couldn't . A repeat , a four peat , a three peat , and reclaiming your title ALL match up to SE... Soo what's the deal ?

The deal is about hypocritical fans, cheerleaders, coaches, parents, blah, blah, blah! IF Stars acted the way SE did, than there would be everyone bashing them for their excitement! But because it's SE's first GOLD at Worlds, and they worked so hard, and they deserved it more than anyone, or it was "their time", we should just forget what good sportsmanship is??????? Ya'all are a bunch hypocrites, and you only call foul when you see fit in your little world!!

A little off topic, but all of the above posts just confirm to me that Battle at the Capital does it best by announcing the winner instead of the second place team first. It comes down to 2 teams and the winner is: "Blah blah team", Congratulations to the runner up, "Blah blah team". Just makes it easier on everyone.

I can understand how the excitement, the crowd, could yes be overwhelming and hard to contain. That said I would expect a little bit of jumping up and down, hugging contained within their circle on the floor. But to have whole bodies falling all over the floor in the actual path of the 2nd place team, who had to actually step around them to even receive their trophy is over the top and was not classy at all.

Back