All-Star Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Have you noticed that all the drama on here between SE and WCSS are with the FANS not the actual team or coaches?

If you watch the video of the large senior awards you see that SE tried to hold their excitment but the crowds were going crazy! If anything the crowds should be told they have bad sportsmanship not SE. Put yourself in their shoes, would you find it hard to hold your excitment when its your first worlds win and the fans/audience went nuts?

Senior Elite and World Cup Shooting Stars have respect for eachother, i saw girls hanging out with eachother, congratulating eachother and trading shirts.
Please leave these teams to work on becoming friends.

The deal is about hypocritical fans, cheerleaders, coaches, parents, blah, blah, blah! IF Stars acted the way SE did, than there would be everyone bashing them for their excitement! But because it's SE's first GOLD at Worlds, and they worked so hard, and they deserved it more than anyone, or it was "their time", we should just forget what good sportsmanship is??????? Ya'all are a bunch hypocrites, and you only call foul when you see fit in your little world!!

I'm afraid you may need professional help. Get over the loss, it goes denial, anger and acceptance. I assume the vocal minority fan base is moving through anger right now, by the posting evidence. There have been issues in all divisions and at all competitions, but to my knowledge, the only program CEA seems to have problems with is WC. Why is that? Could be because we are trying to beat their marquis team year in and year out. Now, suffice it to say that the both of these programs could take a clue from the CAs and Top Guns of the world, shead the chips on their collective shoulders and be happy with the success of their programs now and moving forward. Miracles do happen. I may not always come off well here, but you are way over the top.

okay...I'M just gonna put it out there...I would be embarrassed if my daughter's team behaved at awards as did CEA. It was the most unsportsmanship reaction that I have EVER seen. My heart went out to WCSS.
they couldn't even celebrate their 2nd place win. How dare you...How dare you!! I hope Courtney is proud of her team's behavior...I will never forget it and will always remember CEA in this light

Again, denial of the event is followed by anger at the outcome, than acceptance of the judges decision. It works, try it.

Big deal. It happens all the time. I agree with Pghxcheer02, I don't think giving Shooting Stars were looking for 2nd place so had they had the chance to have their moment to celebrate, it might have been disappointing for their fans watching them NOT jump up and down for joy! How much to you think they were going to celebrate 2nd? Second place is excellent, but when you have THESE two teams left, and lets be honest, neither of them wanted 2nd place. The fans, athletes etc exploded when the placement was called. Human nature. I would imagine if 2nd went to CEA, we'd be having this discussion about WCSS sportsmanship. Again, I would say big deal.

I am THRILLED that CEA won, but still to this day, I don't think I couldv'e made that judgement. Watching both videos, it could've gone either way. Had 1st gone to WCSS, I would've respected the judges decision and not try to dissect their performance to prove why the should've lost.

I am THRILLED that CEA won, but still to this day, I don't think I couldv'e made that judgement. Watching both videos, it could've gone either way. Had 1st gone to WCSS, I would've respected the judges decision and not try to dissect their performance to prove why the should've lost.

I loved WC's performance. They made a fan out of me at Worlds as I had never seen them live before. Wow, wow, wow on their performance and routine, but I do agree with Bubbletoes. I could not see the teams, but it was the whole arena that broke out for CEA. I thought it was sad WC did not get their moment, but it never occurred to me that they might not want it. Anyway, I think both teams are amazing and rock stars in this crazy world called cheer.

I do like the way Battle at the Capital does it. When two teams are left, the winner is announced.

It is just way to hard to control emotions and cheering when you find out, after 2nd place is awarded, the winner. No matter how it's drilled in your head to show respect and wait you turn to celebrate, the emotions just get the best of you.

I agree with some of the earlier posters...The only way this issue of 'celebrating first too early' can be avoided in the future is to go ahead and announce first place, then second place...I assume the reason many (if not all, not sure??) Beauty pageants do it this way is for the very reason of eliminating the 'perception' of the winner coming off as being rude...I will also admit to being quite 'human', by saying that if the tables were turned and CEA was second and WC had the stands (then ultimately the team) go crazy, I would probably have had issues with WC's response to the results....Does that make me hypocritical? No, I don't think so...What it does do is make me realize that in the future I will be a bit more forgiving of the first place teams unbridled excitement in a situation like this...The thing people have to remember is that this is CEA's first time EVER being in this scenario....They did seem to try to contain it, but it was just much bigger than what could be contained....These are all still just kids...kids that have had their eyes on this goal for a long, long time!...Another way the WC fans can look at it is this....The unbelievable roars of excitement for winning Worlds, is in direct proportion to having beaten one of the most amazing teams in the World...That being WC! So be thankful you have inspired other teams to try to take your place...that is what keeps the sport alive, take PRIDE in that!

Kids are kids and trying to keep their emotions contained at this age level is very hard - they are still learning. ADULTS are a whole different story, we should know better regardless of the situation.....

Yes, I totally agree....BUT being an adult who does know better (as I would like to consider myself, lol) I have to say that as I was in those stands, trying VERY hard to be respectful until the 'right time'...I looked extremely odd just standing there biting my lip as everyone from top to bottom was going insane around me...I find it hard to believe there were that many immature adults in the stands that day! I guess we can all agree that if it were CEA announced as second, there would have more than likely been just as many 'immature' adult WC fans reacting the same way...The emotions surrounding some teams are just so intense, but I don't think of that in a negative way, just in a way that makes the sport worth watching year after year! I can only say that I will be looking forward to every competition next season, knowing that a team like WC will do nothing less than come back even more fierce and stronger than ever....In the end....It's all good.

I can understand how the excitement, the crowd, could yes be overwhelming and hard to contain. That said I would expect a little bit of jumping up and down, hugging contained within their circle on the floor. But to have whole bodies falling all over the floor in the actual path of the 2nd place team, who had to actually step around them to even receive their trophy is over the top and was not classy at all.

The teams were on completely opposite sides of the floor. I didn't exactly see how everything went down after Shooting Stars were called second, but I can't even think of how Shooting Stars had to "step over" the girls... Unless there were bodies flailing all over the middle of the mat and over onto the other side of the floor. I believe what you are saying is a bit ridiculous. I've seen pictures of the awards ceremony, and it didn't look like the girls were rolling in the MIDDLE of the floor..

I can understand how the excitement, the crowd, could yes be overwhelming and hard to contain. That said I would expect a little bit of jumping up and down, hugging contained within their circle on the floor. But to have whole bodies falling all over the floor in the actual path of the 2nd place team, who had to actually step around them to even receive their trophy is over the top and was not classy at all.

Here is a video of the awards ceremony. If you could point of the "bodies falling all over the floor" in the path of WC, it would be helpful.

Exaggerating, a little bit, are we?

That's exactly the kind of video I've been trying to find Katie!!! AHH THANK YOU.

ETA: In that video Katie just posted... I definitely just saw a girl on Senior Elite go up to a Shooting Star and looks like she hugged her, or something along those lines. I'd like to see someone call that bad sportsmanship.

I don't need to see a video, I was there live and in person. I am not exaggerating at all. I saw what I saw.

Here is a video of the awards ceremony. If you could point of the "bodies falling all over the floor" in the path of WC, it would be helpful.

Exaggerating, a little bit, are we?

I don't need to see a video, I was there live and in person. I am not exaggerating at all. I saw what I saw.

I see no Shooting Stars girls stepping over Senior Elite girls. And I saw maybe three bodies on the floor. The rest were hugging.

And so were all of us. I think most people who see the video can agree, none of the girls ran ALL THE WAY across the mat and launched themselves in the path of World Cup. Those girls have huge respect for that program were cordial to them before, during, and after the ceremony, as World Cup was to them.

Back