Sprained Ankle's And Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 26, 2013
I've been doing cheer since I was little and I've sprained my ankles more times than I can count. I figured it be a good project for my health class and want other people's imput. SO to all out there who've sprain your ankle, help a sister out and take this survey for my project, and/or tell me your experiences.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YYSD5ZY

Filled out along with former cp; now filling out with current cp
Good luck with project!

ETA: cannot fill out more than once, I guess former cp's data will be the one you use :)

So I know I'm not the only one with a closet full of crutches aircasts and ankle braces...

I got home from practice tonight and didn't use my brace. Didn't tweek it at all, put my uggs on and went to my
Pedi. During my pedi I thought it seemed stiff and kinda hurt. Went home...Then when I went to take my uggs off my right ankle seemed wicked stiff. Now it's throbbing hella bad and it's starting to hurt when I put pressure
On it. Has this happened to anyone?

So I know I'm not the only one with a closet full of crutches aircasts and ankle braces...

I got home from practice tonight and didn't use my brace. Didn't tweek it at all, put my uggs on and went to my
Pedi. During my pedi I thought it seemed stiff and kinda hurt. Went home...Then when I went to take my uggs off my right ankle seemed wicked stiff. Now it's throbbing hella bad and it's starting to hurt when I put pressure
On it. Has this happened to anyone?
Yes, it is probably from not wearing the brace. When you wear a brace for a while, the soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments) can get accustomed to not having to work as hard, so when you don't wear it they are working more than they are used to. That's why it's usually not good to wear a brace for a long period of time, it weakens the muscles.

Does anyone else find when they wear different shoes their ankles feel weaker? Like when I wear my Nike frees my ankles feel good and ok, but like when I wear my toms or flip flops my ankles feel weak and I usually roll it doing something normal. Make sense??? Am I crwzy?

Back