All-Star Spray Tans

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We all got sprays for cs nat'l. Some looked really good, and some looked orange. The only down fall is it looks horrible on your hands and feet. So I'm using the tanning bed now.

We all got sprays for cs nat'l. Some looked really good, and some looked orange. The only down fall is it looks horrible on your hands and feet. So I'm using the tanning bed now.
Put hand lotion on your hands and feet and don't rub it in before you get sprayed. It prevents those parts from sucking up too much bronzer and turning orange.

St. Tropez Bronzing Lotion!!!! Used to used Loreal and Jergens but got kinda orange hued. Now I just look browned(kinda makes it sound weird and bad but its perfect i promise) My friends swear by the Victorias Secret bronzing lotion

I don't think there's anything wrong w/ivory skin...I think it happens to be beautiful. I really dislike it when people say something to that effect (about hating to see pasty, white skin), bc to me, that's just like saying you don't like seeing black, ashy skin everywhere. You may not realize it, but you're (collectively) saying you don't like a particular skin color for quite literally the color of the skin someone was born with? What's wrong with that? Don't we have enough problems in society teaching kids to love and accept themselves for who they are, what their bodies look like, etc?

I do agree w/your comment about skin cancer...it's def no fun and not worth it

Thank you for bringing this up. I'm very pale and everybody I'm ever around associates me with the word pale. Some people just don't get tan and don't want to risk getting skin cancer for a few cheerleading competition. My sister and I get spray tans for bigger or more important competitions. Normally we just buy a can from Walmart and my mom does it. We get compliments on it and don't ever look orange. With the new white uniforms, I think we'll get them more often this year. Please take into consideration all the younger pale girls who are reading this before you type insults about pale skin. When I was younger, I was teased everyday and came home crying more than once. There's nothing wrong with taking care of your body.

just make sure you aren't getting a shade that's drastically darker than your current complexion (i.e. getting the darkest spray tan they offer when you have light hair and ivory skin) that tends to give you the "orange" effect. start with one of the lightest shades they offer and then go darker next time if you feel you need to. i would rather people get spray tans than use the tanning bed as it doesn't have any real effect to the health of your skin, and having a little color doesn't make you look washed out when you're under the bright competition lights.

I go tanning in a booth almost every day but I also spray tan every other week or so and also before a competition. A great at home solution is Toma Tan from Sally's and I also like the Loreal tanning wipes. Nothing beats getting a custom spray ran though, they do it perfect. I have never had a mystic tan, but I have heard nightmares!

my sister does it for competitions because we have white uniforms and the "pale" girls, look like ghosts. I'm naturally tan, and i never really have to worry about that :p

Thank you for bringing this up. I'm very pale and everybody I'm ever around associates me with the word pale. Some people just don't get tan and don't want to risk getting skin cancer for a few cheerleading competition. My sister and I get spray tans for bigger or more important competitions. Normally we just buy a can from Walmart and my mom does it. We get compliments on it and don't ever look orange. With the new white uniforms, I think we'll get them more often this year. Please take into consideration all the younger pale girls who are reading this before you type insults about pale skin. When I was younger, I was teased everyday and came home crying more than once. There's nothing wrong with taking care of your body.
You're very welcome :) You know what girl? So was I....I am a redhead, short, and pale (and also wore glasses for a period of time during middle school until I convinced my parents I could not cheer in glasses ;)) and you know what? Here's what I look like and I obviously don't mind my paleness a bit :)
25z1gf6.jpg
2d1qu4m.jpg
2cqohfs.jpg
o57tc4.jpg

In both of the last two pictures I lived right on or by the beach (Hilton Head Island and Jacksonville, Fl) I own it :chestbump:

Back