Standing Full Help!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 22, 2012
Ok... So for my standing full I have been working on it for the past week and My coach says I am to the point that I should be throwing it by myself and landing it. Well my problem is when I throw it I make it all the way around I am just not high enough to land on my feet. I bomb on my knees every time.(My knee is black and blue :confused: ) So I was wondering If you guys have any tips for how I can get anymore height? Oh I have to do it on dead mat too. Any tips would be great. Thanks!:D

I had the same issue, try to jump hard and be aggressive. Totally over exaggerate your set, that should give you the height you need :) if you need any more help or that doesn't work PM me or Kik me (rayray4ever) :)

I guess I have a block on a standing full because everytime I throw it I kind of lose control. And everytime I get onto the panels I have to tell myself that I'm only going to do a regular tuck but end up doing a full and failing. Does anybody have any help for me? And yes I have done Debby Love Tuck Conditioning and I've tried the Mental Block Sites.

I guess I have a block on a standing full because everytime I throw it I kind of lose control. And everytime I get onto the panels I have to tell myself that I'm only going to do a regular tuck but end up doing a full and failing. Does anybody have any help for me? And yes I have done Debby Love Tuck Conditioning and I've tried the Mental Block Sites.

Honestly the best thing you can do is tell yourself that you can do it. If you think you can do it, and you focus on the technique it should work out a lot better:)

Ok... So for my standing full I have been working on it for the past week and My coach says I am to the point that I should be throwing it by myself and landing it. Well my problem is when I throw it I make it all the way around I am just not high enough to land on my feet. I bomb on my knees every time.(My knee is black and blue :confused: ) So I was wondering If you guys have any tips for how I can get anymore height? Oh I have to do it on dead mat too. Any tips would be great. Thanks!:D
When the coach spots you, do you land it?

I'm not sure what equipment you have at your disposal, I personally progressed myself up to the floor when I was learned it.

I progressed using the following: (top to bottom)
  • Working back tuck with open hips, and no grab
  • Standing full from the end of a Tumble-Trak onto Resi
  • Standing full off Tumble-Trak to Resi, with unfolded panel mat on Resi
  • Standing full off spring-floor, into Resi
  • Off Spring floor, into Resi, with unfolded panel mat
  • Standing full off of panel mat, onto 8 inch crash mat
  • Standing full on floor on Sting-Mat
  • Standing full on floor
Best of luck on your standing full!

Back