High School State Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In Missouri the top teams can automatically go to state but I know teams can pay their way to state. Which I think it's unfair because state should be the best of the best. Basically no teams (that I know of) go to Nationals (some are trying but don't even compete at state sooo). I wish it was more popular here.

I cheered for Liberty High School and won state both years I was on the team but we had to qualify at regionals both times. We didn't just get a bye...but that would have been nice! ANd my old high school went to nationals last year and it was not good...they lost a lot of leadership and nobody cared so they crashed and burned. And they are even worse this year and are going to nationals again -_- never gonna learn!

Haha as much as I agree with this, I won state twice with my high school (who won three years back to back...to back lol). In that division ^^^^ actually. But we won based on our clean and safe routines, not by having difficult routines. I understand that high school cheer is a complete JOKE in Missouri, I suffered through it for two years. But my state rings mean as much to me as the girl who won hers in Georgia. Sorry if I sound defensive, because I totally agree with you!

Each to their own. I by no means think the teams that win don't deserve it or shouldn't enjoy it. I coached a High School in Missouri and did lots of choreography in Missouri. Its frustrating seeing the sport not grow in Missouri souley based on who runs it. Im not even going to TOUCH on politics.

Each to their own. I by no means think the teams that win don't deserve it or shouldn't enjoy it. I coached a High School in Missouri and did lots of choreography in Missouri. Its frustrating seeing the sport not grow in Missouri souley based on who runs it. Im not even going to TOUCH on politics.
well they've changed the rules no more bonus points, it's now going to be scored on difficulty (let's hope so, haha) The polititcs suck especially down where I live, may schools are boycotting the whole thing. My team almost changed regionals, because of the way we got scored last year. (long story) but the school wouldn't let us take a bus.

Sidenote: You can see my team crying in the corner because we thought we had lost. :cloud9:

Id just like to throw out there that High School Cheer in Missouri a JOKE. You can't swing in-between jump combinations or it doesn't count. Their rules are out-dated and old school. The "Bonus Point" Sheet is so out-dated. You get a Bonus point for Full Squad Double Toe Touches, Diamond Heads, Extended Lib - Tap to ground - Back to Extended Lib, etc. Why not make bonus points something worth while? Most people on the Missouri board are significantly older than the average person therefore remains traditional and old school. I wish High School Cheer would get more up to date in Missouri.

5A State Champions:

Their mat is huge! I counted like 8 strips on each half! so 16 total thats insane! In colorado we just have 8 mats total.

Their mat is huge! I counted like 8 strips on each half! so 16 total thats insane! In colorado we just have 8 mats total.
I believe they changed it to 7-9 panels now

We compete at state, regionals, and always go to nationals on my schools competition only squad. We've actually won state the last two years. :)

well they've changed the rules no more bonus points, it's now going to be scored on difficulty (let's hope so, haha) The polititcs suck especially down where I live, may schools are boycotting the whole thing. My team almost changed regionals, because of the way we got scored last year. (long story) but the school wouldn't let us take a bus.

Sidenote: You can see my team crying in the corner because we thought we had lost. :cloud9:
Politics YES! Alot

In NC there are smaller competitions before and after. States is between November and December, last year it was Nov. 12 and this year its Dec. 10. I'm not aware of any regional competitions though, anyone can go to states.

In Michigan we can't go to nationals or anything I think because we have such a weird way of cheering. But we have districts in January I believe and the top four from each go to regionals, then the top three from each region get to states!

In Michigan we can't go to nationals or anything I think because we have such a weird way of cheering. But we have districts in January I believe and the top four from each go to regionals, then the top three from each region get to states!
Yay for fellow Michigan cheerleader!

Yay for fellow Michigan cheerleader!
I have a girl on my team this year that just moved to MN from MI. She showed us a video of her old team at a pepfest and they were doing back tuck baskets! I told her that those skills were illegal and very dangerous. She said that they were legal to do outside of competition. This isn't true is it??

Back