All-Star Stop Hatin On Maddie G!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I might have this wrong because it is all hear say but isn't her mom her manager. Her mom tries to get her all the publicity and appearances she can.If her mom wants to put her out there then her mom puts her in line to take criticism. Maybe her mom should let her return to being a cheerleader instead of a cheerlebrity. She is still great even under all that pressure. Hopefully I'm wrong, if not its a sad situation.

WCMAN, man do you have it wrong. I can speak from personal experience, and Maddie doesn't do anything that Maddie doesn't want to do. For you to suggest that it's her sweet mother pushing her into the spotlight, and out of the context of what she is (a talented athlete) is false & kind of disturbing. Clearly your opinion is made up already, but try not to taint or suggest that the case is anything but what it is in the facts. (not as you have purported).

Just putting my thoughts in, I think if you don't know someone personally you have no right to make judgments and hate someone you don't know. I mean seriously, you get to see this girl for 2 minutes and 30 seconds and you say you don't like/hate her? Please.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my shirtt<3

Can the same thing be said about people who don't know her personally, seeing her only 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and obsess about her? I find that extremely unhealthy and annoying personally.

Just putting my thoughts in, I think if you don't know someone personally you have no right to make judgments and hate someone you don't know. I mean seriously, you get to see this girl for 2 minutes and 30 seconds and you say you don't like/hate her? Please.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my shirtt<3
thank you! it's the same thing as Justin Bieber. I'm not a Bieber fan, but it bugs me when people say they HATE HIM, I've heard people saying they even want him to die. I understand not liking his music, but when you don't know him you can't dislike him as a person. It bugs me so much. I think anytime ANYONE has fans and fame, there will always be a group of haters that come with it. It's sad.

I'm going to chime in here as this thread is probably not going anywhere positive. On the shirt, a young woman sent one to Maddie and it was posted on Facebook to give it some advertisement. She did this shirt after the CNN piece and is using the proceeds to cover her cheer expense, especially the trip to Worlds I believe. We were just helping her out a bit. We think the shirt is funny. On the things such as going to Toledo this weekend, going to Dallas to do the show, going to Norway for a camp, Scott Foster, Justin Carrier and the coach from Norway contacted Maddie to do these things and she agreed. She takes care of all these issues, and as DJ said, it is laughable to think that she would do something she did not want to do with her life. We chime in with opinions and have the ultimate say, but she has not given us reason to try to tell her to do things differently. To suggest that Sarah is somehow Terri Sheilds is offensive.

Listen, I have no problem with criticizing her on her cheering, her skills, her public presentation. I do not think you are a hater if you feel she is not your favorite for any reason. However, when you stray over into degrading her character, like saying she faked an injury, or some other things I have heard sourced to people that post here, you are probably going to get a response from me. And when you purposely mischaracterize my family and their actions and intentions, well, I'll set the record straight. So from my pov, criticize away, but do not make up things to give a bad impression on her character or my family's actions with her decisions. And I think when kids are commenting on other kids, a lot of leeway is in order but if you are an adult making false statements or painting inaccurate scenarios, I'll speak up.

@Mclovin made one of my favorite posts on this board in the Sneak Peaks thread when it comes to the Maddie vs. The World argument. And she's not even a CEA fan! Here it is:

"People will "obsess" over whomever they feel is someone they dream to be like. You might obsess over Lady Gaga whereas I think she's a freak. I might obsess over Carrie Underwood whereas you might think she's boring. Obviously many many many people think Maddie is amazing (including my own 13 year old who has started to pay attention to the cheer industry). Why do so many people obsess with her? Well just watch her. She just makes stunting look so fun and easy. She makes it look elegant. She's beautiful. She's got near perfect body positions. There's not a hint of fear or doubt in her eyes. It doesn't matter if she isn't an amazing tumbler or jumper or dancer or anything else. People love her for her stunting and there's nothing wrong with that. I think Kelsey and Brittni and those other girls have many many fans, too. My 13 year old gets the amazing opportunity to cheer with Brittni and Whittney Love this year and she obsesses with them, too. You don't have to be great at all aspects of cheer to be admired by others. All I know is, I am not a "CEA fan" so to speak but I could watch Maddie stunt all day and never get bored. I could watch Kelsey or Whittney or Kiara, etc. etc. tumble all day and never get bored. That's what makes our sport great."

Now my 2 cents: It's not a matter of somebody "obsessing" over somebody else, it's a matter of me questioning why I feel like I need to defend my own admiration of somebody! NEVER will you EVER see me make a post questioning why somebody likes Kelsey Rule or Whitney Love or Kiara Nowlin as opposed to another cheerleader. They have every right in the world to like whomever they desire, but they DON'T have any right to put somebody down just because they don't see what people like in them. It's flat out rude. All of these ladies have handled their "fame" in the cheer world EXTREMELY well, which is what makes them so admirable as athletes. Even after a terrible performance when they probably want to crawl in a hole, they'll put on a smile for a girl that has been dying to meet them.

And don't always assume that these people have zero contact with the cheerleaders they admire. The entire reason I even have Mrs. Gardner and Maddie as Facebook friends is because three years ago Mrs. Gardner contacted me and admired how I always had such nice things to say not just about Maddie, but her other daughter Cassie also. We conversed for a while and she offered to send me a CEA shirt (before they had the online store) for free and sent me a wonderful hand written letter expressing her thanks to me just for having kind words to say about her daughters. It was such a nice gesture, so actually I DO know how grateful they are for all of this and that they have ALWAYS been this grateful. It's not just some sketchy act to try and "build her cheerlebrity-ness".

@Mclovin made one of my favorite posts on this board in the Sneak Peaks thread when it comes to the Maddie vs. The World argument. And she's not even a CEA fan! Here it is:

Awe, thanks Pghx! :) I just try to be as honest and real as possible. And I agree with your post 100%. Leave the girl alone. If you don't enjoy watching her, don't. Let others who do enjoy watching her watch her in peace. Good grief.

WCMAN, man do you have it wrong. I can speak from personal experience, and Maddie doesn't do anything that Maddie doesn't want to do. For you to suggest that it's her sweet mother pushing her into the spotlight, and out of the context of what she is (a talented athlete) is false & kind of disturbing. Clearly your opinion is made up already, but try not to taint or suggest that the case is anything but what it is in the facts. (not as you have purported).
As my post reads.just hear say and I hope I am wrong.I guess I'm wrong. Although I'm from the dark planet , I do not have one bad feeling or "HATE" towards Maddie or her family. The purpose of my post was just that it comes with the territory. If you put yourself out there you have to expect and except criticism. To be honest I do not see all this hate towards Maddie on the boards and I can tell you that in the dark planet of New Jersey, I have never heard a word of hate toward Maddie or CEA, just RESPECT.

As my post reads.just hear say and I hope I am wrong.I guess I'm wrong. Although I'm from the dark planet , I do not have one bad feeling or "HATE" towards Maddie or her family. The purpose of my post was just that it comes with the territory. If you put yourself out there you have to expect and except criticism. To be honest I do not see all this hate towards Maddie on the boards and I can tell you that in the dark planet of New Jersey, I have never heard a word of hate toward Maddie or CEA, just RESPECT.

Okay.

It's sad that this is what we've come to, I mean come on. Fair enough if you don't like the way she cheers etc, but no one can critize her as a person. As the t-shirt says, stop hatin on Maddie G.

Clearly, from the Dark Lord & the Death Eaters up in New Jersey. :)
Wow you really came on the attack strong. Your location reads Newark, Delaware. So you are 15 minutes from New Jersey.So silly. You also quote from your personal experience with Maddie and her family. What was that, meeting and taking a picture with her.It Does not seem to qualify you for the personal experience . Also you did not comprehend my original statement correctly. It was not my opinion of Maddie or her mom.It was what I heard from people( not from N.J.) while at worlds. I put it out there almost as a question . But thanks for the attack. LOL.

Can the same thing be said about people who don't know her personally, seeing her only 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and obsess about her? I find that extremely unhealthy and annoying personally.

I have to agree. I understand that she is an athlete that people look up to but many of the people that stand up for her from any kind of criticism have never spoke to the girl...EVER.
There is nothing wrong with being a fan of something or someone, but when there is anything said that doesn't agree with what you think doesn't mean it is time to lash out at the person. Something rude was said to someone for simply posting the world "seriously". Did that person say anything rude to deserve a rude comment? No, but that actually is pretty norm at times because people (several not just one person) take their OBSESSION too seriously. Stand up for Maddie if something horrible is said about her, even I would stand up for her at a time like that, but there is no need to stand up for her everytime someone says her name and it isn't followed my praise. She is a big girl and can stand up for herself and if not her father can do that for her not a bunch of people who most of are strangers to her.
end rant/Have a lovely day.

Back