All-Star Stop Hatin On Maddie G!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While taking my biology test I think I finally figured it out. The reason I love Maddie so much is because I know just what it's like to be her. For as many people that are obsessed with Maddie on this board, there is just as many that have a full fledged obsession with the people obsessing over her. It all makes sense to me now.

[insert sarcasm......but only about the part where I know what it's like to be her. Maddie>me.];)

So now sparks the never ending debate: Is an obsession with trying to understand why others obsess, still an obsession all the same?
m1703.gif

Honey, badgers. Two of my favorite things. I think I'd love your daughter lol

And to @CrownedtheGR8est , I get annoyed at things like that. It's like when I vent about something that bothers me and someone yells about how I need to shut up because there are starving children in Africa who would love my problems (actually, I don't think they would want my problems either, but that's besides the point). It's all relative. Just because I idolize someone who shows real talent at something that might not drastically alter mankind for the better doesn't make me stupid or an idiot. On the contrary, it's one of the most beautiful things of life. That we, as mere mortals, can find accomplishments worth applauding at all levels of skill across the spectrum. Maybe Maddie inspired a gril to do something that improves their own health? Meryl Streep can't save a pond of kittens with the wave of her hand, but she helped give me the determination to make acting a reality. It's often said that people can't remember the last 5 Best Actress Winners, the last 10 Miss America's, the last 5 World Series Winners, etc. But you can easily recall your favorite teacher, someone who inspired you to achieve, and the 5 professors who helped shape your college life. Why? THOSE are the people who directly affect you. That being said, I'd like to thank the team of doctors in Australia who might have found a cure for the flu. Thanks :D

Never said that it made these people, including you, idiots. However I do believe that people need a reality check, and remember that it is JUST a sport. Not everyone's perfect, so when you put someone on a pedestal, and they make one mistake, you believe you can tear them to shreds. I also don't believe that people should model their life after someone just because they can 360 tick tock.

While taking my biology test I think I finally figured it out. The reason I love Maddie so much is because I know just what it's like to be her. For as many people that are obsessed with Maddie on this board, there is just as many that have a full fledged obsession with the people obsessing over her. It all makes sense to me now.

[insert sarcasm......but only about the part where I know what it's like to be her. Maddie>me.];)

So now sparks the never ending debate: Is an obsession with trying to understand why others obsess, still an obsession all the same?

Looking past the fact that this made no sense to me..
I kinda get what you're talking about. I wouldn't say people have an obsession with it, but in this sport, there's no professional level, there's no place like the NFL, or the MLB, etc. so it's weird to some people (myself included) how obsessed people get with other people, and I wish I understood it. Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with teams, but the way some people act about these girls and guys is actually rather pathetic if you ask me, and I think some people just don't understand how in this sport it gets like that, since there really is no "professional" level where people become "celebrities" and idolizing them actually makes sense.

Disclaimer: before any of you think I've come on here to do the exact opposite of the thread title, I haven't!
Now to my statement!
I AM SO OVER THIS "KEEP CALM AND _________" FAD!!!!! (and no one need bother go into the roots of it, as I'm fully aware of where it originated, and I'm not wrong in calling it a fad) It's no longer cute or interesting to me, I find it irritating, and I would personally like to burn every shirt, poster, pencil case, dog sweater, and any other type of anything that you can put it on.
Hey! I have a KEEP CALM AND HAVE A BEER poster in my kitchen... #tfm

um...I didnt say "never be meanj" that would be tragic...;)
A fierceboard without @meanj ? SOOOOOO UNREAL!

Yay if you got the reference there! Now I'm just going to start making CEA references in all of my posts. Only because apparently my obsession wasn't large enough as certain individuals felt it needed to be "outed" in it's own direct post. And all this time I thought my obsession was clear as day..................;)

I really dont get this whole thing of putting a teen athlete on a pedastal. Some athletes are absolutly amazing - i get that but one athlete does not make a team Great. After all we are in a team sport.

Leave the arhletes alone. Let them continue to be amazing in what they contribute to the TEAM.

This BS of negativity and retaliation of Tshirts or bantering back n forth is stupid and immature. ANNOYING

Disclaimer: before any of you think I've come on here to do the exact opposite of the thread title, I haven't!
Now to my statement!
I AM SO OVER THIS "KEEP CALM AND _________" FAD!!!!! (and no one need bother go into the roots of it, as I'm fully aware of where it originated, and I'm not wrong in calling it a fad) It's no longer cute or interesting to me, I find it irritating, and I would personally like to burn every shirt, poster, pencil case, dog sweater, and any other type of anything that you can put it on.
I work in a bakery, and we have like 5 "Keep Calm and have a Cupcake/ Keep calm and bake on!" posters everywhere. I DESPISE them.

I really dont get this whole thing of putting a teen athlete on a pedastal. Some athletes are absolutly amazing - i get that but one athlete does not make a team Great. After all we are in a team sport.

Leave the arhletes alone. Let them continue to be amazing in what they contribute to the TEAM.

This BS of negativity and retaliation of Tshirts or bantering back n forth is stupid and immature. ANNOYING

Thanks. I'm feeling the love now. To each their own, I assume that goes both ways if no one is infringing on your rights?

i feel the same as some, it is a team sport. yes i understand maddie is a great flyer no one is contesting that but it irks me when people act like maddie gardner is the only person on the team that is annoying not that it hurts me it just irks me. and people really do put her on a peddle stool as to try to model themselves after a regular teen is crazy. its not like she makes 3 million a year and shes uber famous she is just a cheerleader that did a 360 tick tock and it looked good.

i find it ironic that the people complaining about everyone that is obsessing over maddie, are at the same time obsessing on why you shoudn't obsess over her.
obsessing would imply that i have made numerous facebook groups and t shirts all about it, when i most defiantly havent and im sure none of the others have either. were just stating our opinion on the whole thing

i find it ironic that the people complaining about everyone that is obsessing over maddie, are at the same time obsessing on why you shoudn't obsess over her.
Aaah circle logic. One of the great many pastimes of the human race..

I really don't know what we're gonna do when she and other cheerlebrities graduate/stop competing. And I pity the girls who are suddenly thrust in the limelight in their stead. Bless you children..

Side note: I think a lot of this depends on your definition of 'obsession'. It is a typical Americanism to throw words normally limited to pure extremes, into everyday norms. IE- OMG they're totally in love (when they're barely holding hands) or I was LITERALLY dying (Dear god, did someone call a paramedic?). How many of us here are truly 'obsessing' over her, and how many of us aren't. I'm the first to defend someone who I think shouldn't be attacked, does that mean I'm obsessed? Even if it's the same person again and again? No. I'd consider that I'm a good human being..

obsessing would imply that i have made numerous facebook groups and t shirts all about it, when i most defiantly havent and im sure none of the others have either. were just stating our opinion on the whole thing
but everyone also has to just happen to state their opinion everytime her name is brought up, you could just ignore it and i don't think a shirt would have to be made that everying stops "hating" on her.

but everyone also has to just happen to state their opinion everytime her name is brought up, you could just ignore it and i don't think a shirt would have to be made that everying stops "hating" on her.
is it an open forum the whole point is to state your opinion.

Back