All-Star Strangest Thing That's Ever Happened At A Comp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a feeling I was also there and I am thinking Beast of the East.. our team had gone into the hallways to try to find a little, secluded space to work on our dance or cheer or something and it was just the creepiest, most ghetto building. There were just never ending dark, cement hallways with broken windows.

I remember shivering so badly, wondering how the heck my muscles weren't just going to snap. :rolleyes: (I think this was 2007? though not sure they've fixed anything since :p)

It was "The Quest for the Best".

UPA Minneapolis 2011. Fire marshall shut down the venue for over capacity. In an attempt to control the crowd numbers, the EP's locked the doors and wouldn't let spectators in. Very irate parents missing their kids competing, who had stepped outside to use the restroom or get a snack.

JAMLive! Chicago (November 2011) - the drunk mom who peed her pants in the hallway and puked in the garbage can in front of the cheerleaders.

At Encore in Sac this year, for level 2 awards I was sitting behind some moms from 2 different gyms. These gyms were pretty much swapping first places back and forth, and when one gym would win, the mom would stand up and holler right in the other moms face, and vice versa. Like literally, right in the others faces.

It was hysterical, my friend and I were just sitting there laughing at them. I was SO embarrassed for their kids.

Several years ago one of our cheerleaders was on an esculator and her shoe laces got caught. She severely sprained her ankle and was unable to compete both days. She was ok after a few weeks..
ALSO; This year we competed at UCA Nationals. If anybody was there they know the weather was horrible. Rain and wind plus very cold. We competed at the Indiana Jones Arena which does not have walls. The workers were putting down fresh towels to walk on so the cheerleaders wouldn't slip. I am not sure if they realized but the floor was soaked and the roof was leaking. My daughters stunt group slipped in the water (a puddle) and came down. Luckily they were OK, however they dropped from 1st to 3rd place due to the drop. 6 out of 7 teams slipped in the same area. I am still surprised UCA didn't shut down that venue. :starwars:

Our coaches had the girls take their shoes and socks off and walk from warmups barefooted so their shoes and socks would stay dry!

UPA Minneapolis 2011. Fire marshall shut down the venue for over capacity. In an attempt to control the crowd numbers, the EP's locked the doors and wouldn't let spectators in. Very irate parents missing their kids competing, who had stepped outside to use the restroom or get a snack.

JAMLive! Chicago (November 2011) - the drunk mom who peed her pants in the hallway and puked in the garbage can in front of the cheerleaders.

Oh lord only in chicago! hahaha

This is kind of a gross story and not at a comp. My other base was notorious for having to pee all the time and once at practice she just had to go really bad during a full out and as soon as we caught our flyer in baskets, she just had to go!

At Encore in Sac this year, for level 2 awards I was sitting behind some moms from 2 different gyms. These gyms were pretty much swapping first places back and forth, and when one gym would win, the mom would stand up and holler right in the other moms face, and vice versa. Like literally, right in the others faces.

It was hysterical, my friend and I were just sitting there laughing at them. I was SO embarrassed for their kids.
At an encore event I went to this year at the level 2 awards they announced the same division twice and the announcer didnt realize it. He tried to give the team 2 trophies. haha. Everyone was yelling they already did that and he finally caught on.

I feel like Cheer Tech wins all prizes in this category.... hence, why I NEVER use them. Let me share the experience I had yesterday:

1. Registration table is in the middle of a food court/shopping area... and it's the same table that they sell comp merchandise
2. WARMUPS WERE OUTSIDE on a windy day... the kids were freezing
3. WARMUPS WERE NOT ON A LEVEL SURFACE!!!!!!!! Did they really think we weren't going to notice that the mats were on a 30 degree angle? I'm watching in disbelief as every team is having flyers fall off the back of their stunt. HOW DOES THE USASF EVEN ALLOW A COMPANY LIKE THIS TO EXIST!?
4. A kid was lying on the competition floor screaming in pain from an injury and they didn't stop the music.
5. The competition was running 25 minutes ahead of schedule, but no one knew. There were parents who paid a disgustingly exhorbitant amount of money to get in and didn't even get to see their kids perform.

Cheer Tech is a disaster. It's a ghetto, rinky-dink operation that shouldn't even be under the USASF, as far as I'm concerned. It's an embarrassment to our sport.

I feel like Cheer Tech wins all prizes in this category.... hence, why I NEVER use them. Let me share the experience I had yesterday:

1. Registration table is in the middle of a food court/shopping area... and it's the same table that they sell comp merchandise
2. WARMUPS WERE OUTSIDE on a windy day... the kids were freezing
3. WARMUPS WERE NOT ON A LEVEL SURFACE!!!!!!!! Did they really think we weren't going to notice that the mats were on a 30 degree angle? I'm watching in disbelief as every team is having flyers fall off the back of their stunt. HOW DOES THE USASF EVEN ALLOW A COMPANY LIKE THIS TO EXIST!?
4. A kid was lying on the competition floor screaming in pain from an injury and they didn't stop the music.
5. The competition was running 25 minutes ahead of schedule, but no one knew. There were parents who paid a disgustingly exhorbitant amount of money to get in and didn't even get to see their kids perform.

Cheer Tech is a disaster. It's a ghetto, rinky-dink operation that shouldn't even be under the USASF, as far as I'm concerned. It's an embarrassment to our sport.
Was this where the girl tumbled through another? That was my friends kid and our old program....sad

Back