All-Star Substance Free Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My previous post was made on my phone and I thought it quoted you but it didn't so just letting you know I replied to you in my previous post @ACEDAD

I didn't say you were stupid, but I think your logic that you posted is. We've got to find a way for this country to get passed the idea that being "judgmental" is wrong. We need more of it, not less.

I didn't say you were stupid, but I think your logic that you posted is. We've got to find a way for this country to get passed the idea that being "judgmental" is wrong. We need more of it, not less.
I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

I know a number of people who have died in the last few years, in circumstances similar to this cheerleader. In fact, one of them was a former cheerleader. I always feel sad for the families, because regardless of the situation, they have lost a loved one. However, make no mistake, taking drugs is a choice. Addiction is not. Yes, I judge those who abuse drugs. Do I think they are inherently bad people, probably not. But, they made a very stupid decision at one point in their life, and they are now addicted. The path they are on is a very dark and lonely path, and all too often has only one true end.

I am not naive, or innocent. I will not say I've never tried or done anything. I also had a scary experience that I have not forgotten to this day. I'm glad to see Louisville will test their cheerleaders, but the culture there has been talked about for years. The spotlight is on them right now, but eventually that spotlight will fade. I hope the testing doesn't leave with the spotlight.

Toxicology report confirmed overdose. I can't believe what a cocktail it was...it blows my mind that some people can do that and still manage to perform at a high level.

So many prayers and positive thoughts to her friends and family.

This is assuming of course that she herself took this "cocktail". I have thought something was fishy about this ever since it happened and the toxicology only raised more questions in my mind.

This is assuming of course that she herself took this "cocktail". I have thought something was fishy about this ever since it happened and the toxicology only raised more questions in my mind.

But why? Why is it hard to believe that a young girl at a college that appears to have a strong reputation for this kind of thing took a cocktail of drugs? As other people have said, different drugs stay in your body for different amounts of time. So, if we are to assume that she had found her way to heroin use, she could have been taking the amphetamines as uppers to suppress her withdrawals, in addition to recreationally using marijuana. She didn't necessarily do them all at the same time, but then again someone else in this thread has mentioned speed balling....To find a mixture of these kind of drugs in a toxicology report is not all that uncommon, though it is sad. As I'm sure many of us have been told while growing up, use of one drug often becomes a gateway to use of another. Why is it suspicious that she was found with all of these drugs in her system? Do you really think it wasn't her choice?

I'm not saying this to be rude or condescending if that's how my post is coming across, I just don't get how so many posts in this thread are trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. A lot of people do hard drugs after getting themselves hooked on party drugs. And a lot of people die from overdoses. It's sad, but it's true and for a lot of people to try and make excuses for the people that do it definitely takes away from the lessons we need to learn from this.

Unless of course you knew Dani yourself, and know something we don't.

Has anyone had any experience with the Spark drink from Advocare? Cp's friend gave her two packets of a flavor she didn't like, the directions said she could have 3 packets in one day. She had one prior to school, and used the second packet at 3:00 PM (she did not drink her normal coffee), and by 4:00 PM her heart was racing, she was shaking horribly, vomiting, and had a horrible migraine. I know this stuff is supposedly just vitamin enhanced caffeine drink, but FYI parents/athletes, this stuff is no joke. The niacin, and also B6, content is way too high according to cp's hematologist and can cause severe liver damage.

Are you referring to the possibility that someone put sth in her drink or something like that? I don't want to speculate but from what i heard and read, whenever that happens another kind of drug is used. I doubt they'd use a Cocktail like that.

Has anyone had any experience with the Spark drink from Advocare? Cp's friend gave her two packets of a flavor she didn't like, the directions said she could have 3 packets in one day. She had one prior to school, and used the second packet at 3:00 PM (she did not drink her normal coffee), and by 4:00 PM her heart was racing, she was shaking horribly, vomiting, and had a horrible migraine. I know this stuff is supposedly just vitamin enhanced caffeine drink, but FYI parents/athletes, this stuff is no joke. The niacin, and also B6, content is way too high according to cp's hematologist and can cause severe liver damage.

Is that some sort of energy drink? My boyfriend told me about one that was out years ago in the US and got taken off the market because of people having reactions like the ones your CP had. He drinks a lot of energy drinks , i don't really like that.
I never understood why energy drinks are as huge as they are, there's been plenty of problems with people having cardiac issues because of those things ,especially when combining them with alcohol.

(sorry for the double post)

Is that some sort of energy drink? My boyfriend told me about one that was out years ago in the US and got taken off the market because of people having reactions like the ones your CP had. He drinks a lot of energy drinks , i don't really like that.
I never understood why energy drinks are as huge as they are, there's been plenty of problems with people having cardiac issues because of those things ,especially when combining them with alcohol.

(sorry for the double post)

Yes, it's an energy/vitamin drink and it can still be purchased. Her friend gave it to her last week and before she drank it, I looked into the caffeine levels and they didn't seem too over the top. What I didn't look at, and didn't even think to look at, were the vitamin levels. If you drink the 3 packets per day as allowed in the instructions, you would be getting 350% more than the RDA of niacin and 700% more than the RDA of B6, on top of other ridiculously high vitamin levels. According to cp's hematologist it was very popular about a year ago and they had several cases per week hitting the ER's. Why you can still buy it, I have no idea.

Are you referring to the possibility that someone put sth in her drink or something like that? I don't want to speculate but from what i heard and read, whenever that happens another kind of drug is used. I doubt they'd use a Cocktail like that.

I used the word cocktail originally as a word to describe the mixture of drugs. I don't think that's been of any speculation because, like you said, it would probably show up differently.

I used the word cocktail originally as a word to describe the mixture of drugs. I don't think that's been of any speculation because, like you said, it would probably show up differently.

I meant the same thing :) might not have sounded like it , sometimes i tend to express myself slightly complicated haha

Quite a few of my Facebook friends are distributors for advocare and swear by all of the products, including spark. I haven't personally tried any of it but I have heard of some adverse reactions.

Yes, it's an energy/vitamin drink and it can still be purchased. Her friend gave it to her last week and before she drank it, I looked into the caffeine levels and they didn't seem too over the top. What I didn't look at, and didn't even think to look at, were the vitamin levels. If you drink the 3 packets per day as allowed in the instructions, you would be getting 350% more than the RDA of niacin and 700% more than the RDA of B6, on top of other ridiculously high vitamin levels. According to cp's hematologist it was very popular about a year ago and they had several cases per week hitting the ER's. Why you can still buy it, I have no idea.
This remind me of the Rockstar energy drink. I don't know if this is true, but someone once told me that stores started requiring kids to obtain parental permission to buy it because a kid went into cardiac arrest after drinking it. Not sure whether he/she died, though.

Agreed. I never understand how some think being judgmental equates to being heartless. I judge anyone using illegal drugs. I'm empathetic to the struggles they face but will still judge that poor choice.

Back