All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What I will say about moving locations, Atlanta, LA, Chicago, Dallas, New York , San Francisco, Houston, Vegas, Phoenix, Miami, Denver, Charlotte, Seattle, St. Paul, Newark, Detroit and Orlando are some of the larger airports that can accommodate a large influx of people coming in on a Friday and leaving on a Monday. And, for those that are ready to protest, even in Atlanta (largest in terms of traffic), on that Friday before NCA, if your flight is canceled parents are ready to sell body parts to get on another flight out that day. Sometimes it's because they don't have extra aircraft to work with or the receiving airport just can't handle the traffic. Then look at cost of living. If people complain about Stay to Play in Atlanta and Dallas, try LA, Chicago, San Francisco or New York. Then look at weather at the time of year when AS competition season is really ramped up, Atlanta and Dallas have issues in March, it's still snowing/icing in April up North. Then look at it from an EP's point of view. After the first year, you find out the kinks, what worked, what didn't, what corrections need to be made, only to move it somewhere else the next year. It sounds great in theory but, in reality, AS is truly limited on location options for big National venues.....no matter which way the wind blows.;)

I'd love a big competition to come to Seattle, but I promise Disney is more affordable. Accommodations are expensive enough that it would probably cost more for most teams...even without airfare. At least you wouldn't be tempted to visit expensive theme parks.

Eta: I'm paying the same amount for two nights in a room in Canada as I am for seven in Orlando (I'm sharing a suite with separate bedrooms in Orlando, just a traditional hotel in Canada). Same time of year...two weeks apart.

I'd love a big competition to come to Seattle, but I promise Disney is more affordable. Accommodations are expensive enough that it would probably cost more for most teams...even without airfare. At least you wouldn't be tempted to visit expensive theme parks.

Eta: I'm paying the same amount for two nights in a room in Canada as I am for seven in Orlando (I'm sharing a suite with separate bedrooms in Orlando, just a traditional hotel in Canada). Same time of year...two weeks apart.

Vancouver is stupid expensive

Orlando is cheap, though...excluding Disney, of course. It's the least expensive place I've ever visited, I bet. Even airfare is inexpensive from here. I paid close to the same to fly to Anaheim a couple of years ago! Time...time is the Orlando from Seattle expense.

@catlady, I really like that you put a lot of thought in your statement of why it will be infeasible to move Summit/World to other venue, but I think in many ways you bought up great and possible location ideas... During the times Worlds/Summit are held, everyone of these locations have Spring to Summer like weather... Matter of fact, if these events are move around like New York/New Jersey, which in my opinion, New Jersey will be a better location to hold a cheerleading competition due to the number of AS cheer teams and AC or even Prudential Center in Newark can accommodate a large crowd and we have the cost, transportation-airports, trains, buses, etc... and the weather is springlike during that time...So that's the East Coast(Philadelphia, Boston, Rhode Island, etc..) South can be represented by North Carolina, Georgia, Orlando, etc... Middle of the country can be Chicago. Indiana, etc. West Coast- La, Vegas, San Francisco, maybe Dallas, etc... I think this is a doable thing for these events to move around..

@catlady, I really like that you put a lot of thought in your statement of why it will be infeasible to move Summit/World to other venue, but I think in many ways you bought up great and possible location ideas... During the times Worlds/Summit are held, everyone of these locations have Spring to Summer like weather... Matter of fact, if these events are move around like New York/New Jersey, which in my opinion, New Jersey will be a better location to hold a cheerleading competition due to the number of AS cheer teams and AC or even Prudential Center in Newark can accommodate a large crowd and we have the cost, transportation-airports, trains, buses, etc... and the weather is springlike during that time...So that's the East Coast(Philadelphia, Boston, Rhode Island, etc..) South can be represented by North Carolina, Georgia, Orlando, etc... Middle of the country can be Chicago. Indiana, etc. West Coast- La, Vegas, San Francisco, maybe Dallas, etc... I think this is a doable thing for these events to move around..

There are plenty of venues that could host the Summit very easily. The venue would only need to handle 214 teams (w/c) day 1, 500 bids teams Day 2, and let's guess and say 200 finals teams day 3.

The weather should not be an issue in May. Even paying $200 a night for hotel still would be cheaper than the Disney Package. In the end it would probably save a family $$.

But my guess is participation might not be as great becuase it's not Disney.

I will have to say I am probably 2 hours and 20 minutes from the Mouse so my financial commitment is way less to get there. Our big financial trip to get there is Dallas. CP has attended Summit last two seasons and we have always done Commuter, still stay there but not on property. My nonCP's birthday is right around then. We have never gone to Disney or let her use her park hopper she has gotten with her registration just because we were there to compete, end of season, yada, yada, yada. We attended UCA this year and had to buy admission to the parks for us to attend because level 3 competed in Holly Wood Studios. I can see if you're traveling a long way, too, and especially by plane and you're out, Disney is not a bad place to be. The kids had a blast at Disney. At Dallas this year it was freezing and we took naps and let the kids chase "ghosts" on the 19th floor of the Adolphus. The Adolphus probably wished we were at Disney, because they weren't Disney and kids were making up their own fun. It was nice at UCA that they had a small castle at Hollywood Studios as the back drop. Please let level 3 be in Jostens again this year and not the tent like they competed in at UCA on day 2. It was fine, but Summit won't feel like Summit if they compete in that tent this year.
Hey, I was on the 19th floor at the Adolphus as well for NCA. The difference, my daughter wasn't chasing the ghosts. She was under the bed hiding from them.

Anyone know who got the handed down bid from Cheerlebrity in Jan?
So we actually discovered who got this and it pisses me off. At cheerlebrity - their bid declaration stated that they had one bid for every level. So when the team that won the L4 bid got paid - we assumed that the bid that they passed down would go to the next L4 highest scoring team. Well if didn't. No only did it not - but it went to a much lower scoring L2 team. The team that got it wasn't even in the top 3 of the L2 scoring teams at this comp nor are they associated with the team that passed the bid down. Starting to lose faith in the summit. I'm all for understanding that the bid giving process is arbitrary but the l4 team who were passed over had 2.0 above the team who it was passed to and it was a l4 bid to begin with.

Last edited:
So we actually discovered who got this and it pisses me off. At cheerlebrity - their bid declaration stated that they had one bid for every level. So when the team that won the L4 bid got paid - we assumed that the bid that they passed down would go to the next L4 highest scoring team. Well if didn't. No only did it not - but it went to a much lower scoring L2 team. The team that got it wasn't even in the top 3 of the L2 scoring teams at this comp nor are they associated with the team that passed the bid down. Starting to lose faith in the summit. I'm all for understanding that the bid giving process is arbitrary but the l4 team who were passed over had 2.0 above the team who it was passed to and it was a l4 bid to begin with.
that's crazy. how do they even justify that

question: I remember at the beginning of the season CEA announced that they were going to form a few teams with the express purpose of attaining a Summit bid.

...did that work out? (Genuinely curious, not trying to troll, I <3 Teal etc etc)

So there should be an AL bid passed down from Pacwest and an AL from Spirit Cheer in Tacoma... Wish they'd announce something :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I totally forgot to message you this. PCM's small senior 1 got the passed down PacWest bid.

Who upgraded from Spirit? I can do some digging to figure out who got the passed down. They are run by the same people who do PacWest so it wasn't too hard. They usually stay pretty true to the next in line within the same level.

Oh, I totally forgot to message you this. PCM's small senior 1 got the passed down PacWest bid.

Who upgraded from Spirit? I can do some digging to figure out who got the passed down. They are run by the same people who do PacWest so it wasn't too hard. They usually stay pretty true to the next in line within the same level.
Champion's j3 got paid at pacwest and got an AL at spirit.

Champion's j3 got paid at pacwest and got an AL at spirit.

Hmm... I'm coming up short with the level 3 teams. Do you know when Champion Cheer Blaze (lv4 large coed) got a bid? They are listed on the bid list and I'm not seeing their name in the PacWest or Spirit comp threads as winning a bid.

ETA: Nevermind. They got a bid at PacWest

Back