All-Star Summit Bid Winners 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We got an At Large Bid at American Grand in Vegas yesterday! Pacific Coast Magic - Divine, Large Youth L3. Missed the Paid by 2/10 of a point.

ICE Superfreeze Large Junior 4 received an at-large bid today from the St. Louis AC competition when ICE Passion upgraded to a paid at WSF.

Yay Superfreeze!

Crazy close scores seem to be a byproduct of comparison scoring.

ETA: The scores don't seem to be as indicative of performance as the rankings are.
Were you there? I noticed people were either good or they didn't do so hot

That seems to be the gap from 97 scores to the 95 scores! I wasn't surprised by the scores at all!

My daughters j3 had a girl with appendicitis and didn't even fill the stunt we just marked it both days and the stunting portions are the only parts we didn't get perfect difficulty scores on as we shouldn't have but they definitely docked us for it because I seen the scores!

And we still scored high I guess.. Sucks because we would of been higher but it's ok.

Were you there? I noticed people were either good or they didn't do so hot

That seems to be the gap from 97 scores to the 95 scores! I wasn't surprised by the scores at all!

My daughters j3 had a girl with appendicitis and didn't even fill the stunt we just marked it both days and the stunting portions are the only parts we didn't get perfect difficulty scores on as we shouldn't have but they definitely docked us for it because I seen the scores!

And we still scored high I guess.. Sucks because we would of been higher but it's ok.

The comparative scoring is an interesting animal. They have different judging panels scoring different sections and no predetermined "range". So if one judge decides to use a .01 to separate teams and the judges in the other section decide to use 2 points to separate the teams, thereby having higher scores in that section, that higher scoring section could actually determine the winner. It just doesn't work and makes it very difficult to really compare scores. Can you tell I am not a fan? :)

The comparative scoring is an interesting animal. They have different judging panels scoring different sections and no predetermined "range". So if one judge decides to use a .01 to separate teams and the judges in the other section decide to use 2 points to separate the teams, thereby having higher scores in that section, that higher scoring section could actually determine the winner. It just doesn't work and makes it very difficult to really compare scores. Can you tell I am not a fan? :)
It's funny. One of our former coaches/owners used to always harp on the distinction between beating other teams versus beating the scoresheet. They always advocated the latter. That the scoresheet was the enemy so feel free to make friends with all teams since you're all fighting that and not each other. I thought it was good for building healthy competition and sportsmanship especially since my kids were younger at the time and I didn't want my 9, 11 year old etc developing negative opinions of other kids just because they were their competition.

Comparative scoring totally screws the pooch on that entire line of thinking (whether you ascribe to it or not). Now the scoresheet is merely a tool to quantify whether you beat another team, or they beat you. It's not about your team and your skills, only about whether they're better than the next team in you division...that day.

Something about that entire theoretical framework is just depressing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back