All-Star Summit Instead Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think for 3 years now, we have established that changing from Disney (worlds and likely now summit) is not a current option in the foreseeable future, so can we drop it..... sorry was that snotty?

Your comment is appreciated although, yes a little snotty. I started the thread not to bring up the issue again about changing the Worlds venue, but to discuss the new money steam that Summit has brought Varsity/USASF during basically the same time frame.

As @Bluecat pointed out, venue change is an option. But I think we've also brought out suggestions which could make Disney more easy to swallow such as removing the park hopper option.

I appreciate all the comments and thoughts shared here because I thought this forum was the place to do it.

I get that they are supposed to be separate, but you can't tell me they switched out floors from 'USASF' floors to 'Varsity' floors?
USASF uses nca and uca employees as staff throughout the event.

I know for a fact that the staff that runs Celebration Hall is the same for both events. There are so many crossovers and consolidation of resources that one event is just an extension of the other.

Does anyone know if there were Worlds judges judging at Summit? I'm just staying there's enough of a relationship that contracts could have been worked out to the consumers advantage if that was their goal. But obviously not.

Since CSP bought the Worlds floor I can tell you that when the Ross Equipment guy delivered our floor on Monday he asked "Is it the Blue or the Black floor?" I asked what's the difference? He said the Blue floors were used for Worlds and the Black floors were used for Summit. Then someone in the crowd said they were almost certain that Josten's had a black Worlds floor. So who knows? LOL But, according to him the floors were switched out. Whether they were "USASF" floors and "Varsity" floors is anybody's guess. LOL

I was told that IF Disney were to see continued growth over a certain amount of time that they would build a separate venue. Idk the details but if that happens I don't see it ever moving. Jmo.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
build a venue just for worlds? Seems like an empty promise :rolleyes:
If USASF figures out another location then when the contract is up Disney can't really do anything to prevent them from moving I don't think. So (hypothetically) if we were moving in that direction we would just have to wait out the contract... right?

I don't know if I would call myself lucky, just prepared. I got there at 6 am on Saturday morning to see large senior and I got there at 6pm to watch large coed on Saturday night. Sunday I got there at 6am and stayed all day. Now, if you are with a team I understand that you can't do what I did, but if you are just a spectator then overcrowding shouldn't have affected you. (I'm not saying 'you' to you personally, I'm just saying in general)
Don't take offense, but it is that behavior of showing up early and staying all day that has added to the overcrowding and prevented people associated with specific teams from being able to see them in the past.

The Summit did have black floors and they were great! I actually like the look of the black floor better then the blue.

if i was paying that much to get into worlds as a spectator, my butt wouldn't be moving from my seat for 3 days either.
I agree completely. For some of us Worlds is the only competition or one of the only we can afford to go and support our old gyms and so on. I'm a college kid who loves cheerleading and I lucked out having finals end right before Worlds weekend. Yay reward for me. I can't afford to pay 40$ a day and not sit there all day. Think about it in shopping terms... You wouldn't buy a 500$ pair of shoes to only wear once (well some people might but they're not normal humans). I spent well over 500$ on Worlds weekend so of course I was you going to make the most of it. Sorry if that caused over crowding etc but I had every right to be there and watch cheerleading as the next guy.

I agree completely. For some of us Worlds is the only competition or one of the only we can afford to go and support our old gyms and so on. I'm a college kid who loves cheerleading and I lucked out having finals end right before Worlds weekend. Yay reward for me. I can't afford to pay 40$ a day and not sit there all day. Think about it in shopping terms... You wouldn't buy a 500$ pair of shoes to only wear once (well some people might but they're not normal humans). I spent well over 500$ on Worlds weekend so of course I was you going to make the most of it. Sorry if that caused over crowding etc but I had every right to be there and watch cheerleading as the next guy.

exactly. it seems as though it's varsity's problem. they've used this venue for 10 years, but continue to give out more bids than they should, knowing the overcrowding problem they have every year. they should not assume that people will not sit there all day. if they want people to leave and come back throughout the day, they need to lower the prices. a lot. but we all know varsity and they won't.

Don't take offense, but it is that behavior of showing up early and staying all day that has added to the overcrowding and prevented people associated with specific teams from being able to see them in the past.

But isn't that part of the problem? Why shouldn't someone be able to show up early and stay all day if they are a fan and want to watch everything? If they bought a ticket then that's their prerogative. It shouldn't be on them to not stay so that family/friends of specific teams can get into the Milkhouse to see their teams. Changes need to be made to accommodate all who want to attend.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I have never seen a sport or any business deliberately try to lessen spectator attendance and it baffles me. It's the same attitude that had USASF asking paying customers to give up seats so that families could get in last year. Everyone pays the same amount for tickets so if there is an issue with parents not getting into the building that's a problem for USASF to worry about, not fans who paid the same price as those parents to be there.

build a venue just for worlds? Seems like an empty promise :rolleyes:
If USASF figures out another location then when the contract is up Disney can't really do anything to prevent them from moving I don't think. So (hypothetically) if we were moving in that direction we would just have to wait out the contract... right?
Again, this is something I heard from someone who heard from someone else. So I am in no way saying this WILL happen. But it makes sense for Disney. If you think of the amount of competitions held in or around the Orlando area if Disney did have a "cheer friendly" venue it would be to their benefit. I think it could work and I was told that was the point of the "Varsity tent" or "Awards tent" was to test run that area.

But isn't that part of the problem? Why shouldn't someone be able to show up early and stay all day if they are a fan and want to watch everything? If they bought a ticket then that's their prerogative. It shouldn't be on them to not stay so that family/friends of specific teams can get into the Milkhouse to see their teams. Changes need to be made to accommodate all who want to attend.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I have never seen a sport or any business deliberately try to lessen spectator attendance and it baffles me. It's the same attitude that had USASF asking paying customers to give up seats so that families could get in last year. Everyone pays the same amount for tickets so if there is an issue with parents not getting into the building that's a problem for USASF to worry about, not fans who paid the same price as those parents to be there.
Not arguing your point because it is valid. My point is it was this behavior that has caused the situation we are in now of charging separate admissions and trying to better control over crowding. Is there a better solution that benefits everyone, yes there probably is but until that solution is discovered and put into place I think the parents and family of the athletes need to take priority over those just going to spectate. You may have spent $500 to attend as a spectator but I paid $5,000+ for the season leading up to this event.

Not arguing your point because it is valid. My point is it was this behavior that has caused the situation we are in now of charging separate admissions and trying to better control over crowding. Is there a better solution that benefits everyone, yes there probably is but until that solution is discovered and put into place I think the parents and family of the athletes need to take priority over those just going to spectate. You may have spent $500 to attend as a spectator but I paid $5,000+ for the season leading up to this event.

I see your point as well. Agree also that parents should be able to see their children compete and that, over a season, they spend more on cheer than a regular spectator spends on Worlds. But again, that isn't the spectator's problem. In my opinion, the showing up early/staying late behavior is a result of the overcrowding issues, not the cause. And while I would hate to see any parent miss their child (and know that many have) I still don't think you can put an actual priority on parent/family admission over that of a regular spectator unless you do it by creating special tickets with special seating for parents/families. As long as everyone's buying the same tickets for the same price you can't put any preference on one group.

I see your point as well. Agree also that parents should be able to see their children compete and that, over a season, they spend more on cheer than a regular spectator spends on Worlds. But again, that isn't the spectator's problem. In my opinion, the showing up early/staying late behavior is a result of the overcrowding issues, not the cause. And while I would hate to see any parent miss their child (and know that many have) I still don't think you can put an actual priority on parent/family admission over that of a regular spectator unless you do it by creating special tickets with special seating for parents/families. As long as everyone's buying the same tickets for the same price you can't put any preference on one group.
That is not a bad suggestion on certain tickets. Personally I only attended a couple of very small one days comps this year with worlds being my only real comp. seating was not an issue for me this year but would have been greatly disappointed had I been locked out.

I heard a RUMOR that if Varsity showed Disney growth over a certain number of years a new venue would be an option. Regardless of whether or not this is true. UCA - high school, college, all-star, Worlds and the Summit will not be changing venues anytime soon. I know it's annoying, I get it but so is watching people complain about something that won't change.
But there are so many GREAT reasons to complain about the Disney venue. Number one being that it detracts from the sport because so many people are concerned about using their Disney park hopper passes!!!! The athletes have two different activities that weekend when cheerleading should be their one activity (IMHO).

Back