All-Star Surprised They Don't Have A Bid Yet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yep, that's generally the case. And it's not uncommon for some comps to have more bids than teams without a bid, so everyone gets one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So I guess we will see a lot of gyms without a bid starting to add comps to the schedule chasing those rollover bids...

Unless, of course, USASF rushes and has to review a score after they've published final scores allowing an extra team in the finals.

While it's funny, I don't know if that's truly a fair statement to make. That's part of the fault of announcing scores as they become available. USASF didn't announce anything that the audience wasn't already capable of being aware of, from what I remember, it was a judging error (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

Disclaimer: I know zip zero zilch about the program, coaches, athletes...just thinking out loud.
Do we know for sure it's all the same athletes who got the previous bid? Just wondering...with right mix of athletes including those taking the floor (both on team earning bid and with other teams within program) at same competition (this and previous) plus alternates... Could this be a new bid rather than an instead of bid? I mean could they skillfully work it so they would have the 2 large and the medium? Or is their no feasible way to make those numbers work?

Yep, that's generally the case. And it's not uncommon for some comps to have more bids than teams without a bid, so everyone gets one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I haven't really seen that happen much in the last year or two since they cut 3AL per paid down to 2. It's been pretty close at a few comps this year (Wildwood this weekend for example). But I don't recall seeing any instances of free bids.

I haven't really seen that happen much in the last year or two since they cut 3AL per paid down to 2. It's been pretty close at a few comps this year (Wildwood this weekend for example). But I don't recall seeing any instances of free bids.
USA all star championship hasn't posted their schedule yet, but per Road To World's website they have more bids then competitors. I'm pretty sure that won't remain true though.

As for surprised they don't have a bid, I would be surprised if Ghost Recon doesn't show up on the USA or Aloha Sacramento schedule. I'm assuming they will go to one of these?

ETA: I see Reckless is on for Sacramento, which means to me they must be expecting some contenders for the paid at USA. Interesting to me that they are traveling North. Maybe Ghost Recon will join them? Aloha requires 50% of program at comp for bid, or 100% at a different Aloha/GSSA event I thought. Did all of Cali go to super six?

Last edited:
USA all star championship hasn't posted their schedule yet, but per Road To World's website they have more bids then competitors. I'm pretty sure that won't remain true though.

As for surprised they don't have a bid, I would be surprised if Ghost Recon doesn't show up on the USA or Aloha Sacramento schedule. I'm assuming they will go to one of these?

I'm the RTW website ;) That just means a couple people have gone on the website and entered that they're competing. I'm sure there will be more than those 3 teams competing.

Ghost Recon has an at-large bid, unless they don't plan on using it.

ETA: I see Reckless is on for Sacramento, which means to me they must be expecting some contenders for the paid at USA. Interesting to me that they are traveling North. Maybe Ghost Recon will join them? Aloha requires 50% of program at comp for bid, or 100% at a different Aloha/GSSA event I thought. Did all of Cali go to super six?

Reckless is going to Aloha to try and get the partial paid bid. They wouldn't go to USA because level 6 can't get paid at USA.

While it's funny, I don't know if that's truly a fair statement to make. That's part of the fault of announcing scores as they become available. USASF didn't announce anything that the audience wasn't already capable of being aware of, from what I remember, it was a judging error (someone correct me if i'm wrong).
you're also correct, they accused the Wildcats of an illegal dismount, I believe. I assume that finding out they were wrong, they didn't want to kick the third place team out... I honestly feel as though that's bad on USASF's part but you have to do what you have to do, which means if you have to hurt feeling then so be it. if you make a rule, STICK to it, not saying that third place team didn't deserve to make it to finals, but if their score wasn't high enough then they wouldn't have made it anyway.

Question! is Cheertyme Love out of Mechanicsburg, PA?
Another question! do you guys think that teams took an easier route this year when it came to bids? as in basically trying to get a bid in a division where they know for fact that they could get one instead of getting a bid in the division that they normally compete in? Is this what teams usually do? I haven't really seen this many division changes until this year... maybe i have i just can't remember.

you're also correct, they accused the Wildcats of an illegal dismount, I believe. I assume that finding out they were wrong, they didn't want to kick the third place team out... I honestly feel as though that's bad on USASF's part but you have to do what you have to do, which means if you have to hurt feeling then so be it. if you make a rule, STICK to it, not saying that third place team didn't deserve to make it to finals, but if their score wasn't high enough then they wouldn't have made it anyway.

Question! is Cheertyme Love out of Mechanicsburg, PA?
Another question! do you guys think that teams took an easier route this year when it came to bids? as in basically trying to get a bid in a division where they know for fact that they could get one instead of getting a bid in the division that they normally compete in? Is this what teams usually do? I haven't really seen this many division changes until this year... maybe i have i just can't remember.
Love is out of Chantilly, VA

Back