All-Star Taking

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Except
Me reading the first post:
tumblr_lnkq3kExSj1qcnoaro1_500.gif

Except that I care......and I don't think I'm the only one!

This is not the only message board I belong to...this is tame compared to what happens to people who write long diatribes about leaving. On the Blizzard boards (yes I play World of Warcraft) people get downright hostile. If you want to leave or take a break go for it...or maybe a short and sweet goodbye...but an essay on how damaged you are? Time to find a new hobby.
Maybe it's because I have been on boards since they were called BBS's...anyone remember IRC? Trolls are everywhere and they can't wait to bait you in. I love you all but that is part of the reason I don't go seeking out other Fierceboarders at comps...I don't truely know you and do I want you around my kid?
Out of the 100's of people on this board I have interacted with, only a handful are actually on my personal Facebook.

Sometimes I also read a post talking about about how deeply someone was affected by something that happened on this board like the ZTA scandal and I just can't wrap my head around it. Idk maybe it's because I've always been taught to never trust someone you met over the internet or don't believe everything you read on the internet etc. I thought that in a way, that was common knowledge. I just can't understand how someone can put their all into someone they've never even met and then act all surprised and hurt when everything they thought they knew crashed and burned. No disrespect intended to the people going through this, but really..

While I get what y'all are saying about don't get invested in people you don't know, it's just a message board it's not that serious, etc I understand all that. I really do. But like other's have said before me in other threads the nature of the board's back then was smaller/more "family" feeling and it wasn't at all unusual for any of us to feel like we "knew" the people we were chatting with all night most nights.

I would also like to add that getting to know people from the board can be 1 of the greatest experiences you'll have. The friendship's I've made over the last 10 years are priceless. I think ACEDAD, ufomom, cheermeup, CheerMomNTx and TheUltimateFan will back me up here. I guess we all just lucked out!!

While I get what y'all are saying about don't get invested in people you don't know, it's just a message board it's not that serious, etc I understand all that. I really do. But like other's have said before me in other threads the nature of the board's back then was smaller/more "family" feeling and it wasn't at all unusual for any of us to feel like we "knew" the people we were chatting with all night most nights.

I would also like to add that getting to know people from the board can be 1 of the greatest experiences you'll have. The friendship's I've made over the last 10 years are priceless. I think ACEDAD, ufomom, cheermeup, CheerMomNTx and TheUltimateFan will back me up here. I guess we all just lucked out!!

I also think that people fail to see that people can move their interactions with these people beyond Fierceboard, after all Fierceboard (Fierce Chat specifically) gave me one of the best friends I have on this Earth.
ETA: I'll reply to your post quoting my earlier one. I find threads/posts like this to be extremely arrogant, regardless of who they are from. Regardless of the intention, when I see a thread or posts like this (not only on Fierceboard), I just find them to be a bit... Desperate for attention, and I find that however much I respect the person, posts like these leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I also think that people fail to see that people can move their interactions with these people beyond Fierceboard, after all Fierceboard (Fierce Chat specifically) gave me one of the best friends I have on this Earth.

Honestly, Pro X gave me about 15 of my best friends in the whole world.....It can be a beautiful thing!!!

mstealtoyou my apologies for adding more after you had shimmied that, there may be something there you don't agree with now :p

And the child you have adopted;)

Cheercurl is a real person. If you don't agree with her posting, fine. Add your two cents and move on.

You don't understand how she could be so affected....

Well, I don't see how you can be so affected by her posting this thread.

Amen!

mstealtoyou my apologies for adding more after you had shimmied that, there may be something there you don't agree with now :p

I don't agree with the ETA part.......lol......but I'm leaving my shimmy because we were having a back and forth sharing of ideas and feelings!! (Rainbows and Butterflies for everyone!!!)

It's cool y'all. If cheercurl just wanted to explain her absence then that's fine. I just know its not the first time someone has made a thread to say peace out. Just-a-Mom gave us a farewell thread when her kids quit cheer and she wasn't going to be posting as much. Thankfully we were able to lure her sassy :eek: back!

Except mine was mire if a "I love fierceboard and I've learned so much but I don't think non cheer parents can post?" kinda goodbye. But I can't find a dance board! I gotta talk to someone. :(

My only issue with all this is letting it affect you so much. I've made plenty of real life friends on here, but I don't count them as real friends until AFTER I meet them in real life. Before that they are just people I'd like to meet in person one day. I can't comment much beyond that because I just don't understand this.

Back