OT Tattoos & piercings

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So i think that this is the cutest piercing ever &plan to get it this summer:) Did it hurt? and how much is it? I've heard it's about $20 per piercing, but it was an estimate from someone that was on the sketchy side. And just to make sure it looks like this:
triplefwdhelix.jpg

(sorry it's so big)

Yes, that's what it's supposed to look like when its done healing and I change the
earrings. He pierced my ear with small curved barbells... he told me he couldn't pierce with the diamonds so I have to wait for it to heal and switch it in. Depending on where you go to get it pierced, they may just pierce it with the diamonds. The guy who pierced it was... less than professional. But to answer your questions: The pain... well, lets put it this way: this was my first piercing. EVER. And I did all three at once. So i kinda really psyched myself out before I even layed down. When he was actually doing it, I didn't feel that much pain, it just felt super hot and numb. Then on the last one, it didn't go all the way through so he had to wait for it to stop bleeding and go through again. That's when the pain hit, although it wasn't overwhelming (for me.) I know for a fact that if the friends I went with got it done instead of me, they would've cried (they all got their belly buttons done and all whined about it). It just depends on your pain tolerance. It cost me $80; at the studio I went to, it's basically $40 per piercing and if you get 3, then the third ones free (cuz who really gets pierced three times at once? Not many people.) If you're really interested in it, then I would def call ahead and ask to talk to the piercer. Ask if they can pierce with the diamonds, ask if they have the sizes in stock, and ask about the price.

The only thing that sucked for me was cleaning it. Because instead of cleaning just one piercing, you have three to do. And I'm really lazy. But the cleaning part probably hurt the most out of everything. The ones closer to your actual face are harder to clean and you kinda have to push the earring out of the way to get to it, which hurt a lot. In all honesty though, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it's fine now. I'm just waiting for it to heal completely so I can put the diamond earrings in. I can't wait for that day!

icecheer1395 it will be a lot more then $20 per piercring. I got my nose done and it was $60. Cartialages were about the same price with the earing, so I would say it will be at least $100.
I spent $20 this weekend to get my cartilage pierced plus the earring at a tattoo shop. $60 is crazy!
Yes, that's what it's supposed to look like when its done healing and I change the
earrings. He pierced my ear with small curved barbells... he told me he couldn't pierce with the diamonds so I have to wait for it to heal and switch it in. Depending on where you go to get it pierced, they may just pierce it with the diamonds. The guy who pierced it was... less than professional. But to answer your questions: The pain... well, lets put it this way: this was my first piercing. EVER. And I did all three at once. So i kinda really psyched myself out before I even layed down. When he was actually doing it, I didn't feel that much pain, it just felt super hot and numb. Then on the last one, it didn't go all the way through so he had to wait for it to stop bleeding and go through again. That's when the pain hit, although it wasn't overwhelming (for me.) I know for a fact that if the friends I went with got it done instead of me, they would've cried (they all got their belly buttons done and all whined about it). It just depends on your pain tolerance. It cost me $80; at the studio I went to, it's basically $40 per piercing and if you get 3, then the third ones free (cuz who really gets pierced three times at once? Not many people.) If you're really interested in it, then I would def call ahead and ask to talk to the piercer. Ask if they can pierce with the diamonds, ask if they have the sizes in stock, and ask about the price.

The only thing that sucked for me was cleaning it. Because instead of cleaning just one piercing, you have three to do. And I'm really lazy. But the cleaning part probably hurt the most out of everything. The ones closer to your actual face are harder to clean and you kinda have to push the earring out of the way to get to it, which hurt a lot. In all honesty though, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it's fine now. I'm just waiting for it to heal completely so I can put the diamond earrings in. I can't wait for that day!
I love fierce board for things like this:) so i called a few local places and the prices range from $45-$85 and the cheapest is actually the most well known in town &considered the best so I'll probably go there (includes studs and piercings for all three). I really have no idea why the price is so low? Its whatever.I believe you on the cleaning part that sounds like blast, but infection freaks me out... A lot. I can't wait thanks again guys:) oh and @eyesontheprize post a pic when you put the diamonds in I'm sure it'll look gorgeous:)

I currently have my lobes and an orbital in my right ear, can't wait to change it to a spiral! I used to have my belly button, nose, tongue, second hole lobes and a left ear industrial. Not all at the same time, of course.

I have four tattoos, all with personal meanings: a peace sign, old style crown, 'fluctuat nec mergitur' which is a Latin quote for 'She's tossed by waves but doesn't sink' and one of my comp bows because cheerleading is such a big part of my life. I know this sounds silly but I've always planned on getting the more noticeable ones removed once I'm older just because it's possible, if that makes sense?
5of7o7.jpg

I'm getting a tattoo with my mom for my 19th birthday and I'm cheering in college. It will be high up on my rib cage, probably low enough to where you can see it when I wear a sports bra or swimming suit but easily covered up. We are getting crop tops for competitions and how will I cover it up? It won't be very big but what is the best way to do that?

What's the average price for a tattoo? I'm getting one once I'm 18 and have been saving my money. I currently have around $80 or so.

What's the average price for a tattoo? I'm getting one once I'm 18 and have been saving my money. I currently have around $80 or so.

depends. most places i've gone (in NJ) are minimum $60-$80 no matter how tiny it is and how long it takes them. (my sister got the world's smallest star and he was done within 6 minutes, but it was $80.) My first tattoo, which i actually got in PA, was $60 an hour.

My second tattoo, he estimated it would just be $150, and then when he was finished it went up to $180. It was more work than he originally thought and took a little longer than planned.

Definitely bring a picture of what you want into the tattoo place before making an appt and they can probably give you a rough estimate.

also don't forget to tip them!!! so add that into your planned cost as well.

I agree... just to get my daughters name in black, (six letters) close to my wrist was $75 and took him maybe 15 mins. That was just the minimum cost!

My boyfriend also got his first tattoo the same day and he got a cross on his arm and it was like $150 and there was nothing special about it!!!

njallday and Kris10boo Thanks! I'll ask my friend who got her tattoo at the place I'm gonna go how much it cost her. She got a dream catcher on her side so it may be a bit more than what I'm planning since its pretty large.

I'd suggest looking at different shops, then figure out how much to save once you have an idea where you want to go. I recently went to a shop with two artists. The artist I went with charges $125 per hour and a $30 design fee. The other artist (also the owner) charges $175 per hour and a $60 design fee - he's also booked solid for months. It sounds expensive, but it's definitely worth it in the long run. My tattoo is beautiful, I get complements all the time on it.

Oh, and make sure you visit the shops you are thinking about and get a consultation. The shop should do it for free.

I've got my ears, tragus, and belly button. I want my second holes done too, I think. I love when people double up pearls.

I also want a tattoo eventually. Not sure what I want yet, just as long as I can keep it hidden. I am in love with Rihanna's hip tattoo though! Don't know what it means, but I love the placement and how simple it is.
rihanna-tattoos.jpg

Back