All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Darn Jennie. Don't you ever sleep? Isn't it around 1am where you are? :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I have an exam tomorrow - fair to say I'm in "you've studied every day for the past month but you still don't know anything!!!" mode! Science is not my strong point.

On the plus side as of 3pm tomorrow (well today....) I will be officially done with Freshman year of uni!

And @Cheer Dad , I'm not in London? Haha!

That's one of the most horrible things I've ever heard! And I thought the parent that expected her kid to practice with 101 fever was bad!

My freshman year there was a girl on varsity who compete with a 103 fever once. I believe she showed up right as they got into warm ups and left the minute they got off the mat. Crazy but it was our nationals big comp so I guess she figured she couldn't let the team down.

So you're saying if an athlete made lady elite and junior elite hypothetically ... And they didn't want to do two teams...they would be on jr instead of the worlds team?

Sorry I'm confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my gym does something similar, but we have primary and secondary teams. so if you're selected for 2 teams, lets say for example jr 4 and sr 3. if your primary team is sr3 and secondary is jr4, you can do sr3 and jr4, or just sr3, but not just jr4.

So CP made 2 teams- one is her age/level appropriate (yes, she is a Glitter Penguin) and the other is a 'reach team'. For us, that is a team that she doesn't quite have all the skills for, but she can learn from the older girls and contribute (usually in stunting). It takes so much focus off tumble and rewards the kids who are awesome bases, back spots, dancers.

I have an exam tomorrow - fair to say I'm in "you've studied every day for the past month but you still don't know anything!!!" mode! Science is not my strong point.

On the plus side as of 3pm tomorrow (well today....) I will be officially done with Freshman year of uni!

And @Cheer Dad , I'm not in London? Haha!
Hmmmm cold have sworn you said you were in London or the close vicinity. Wait, do you ever sleep? Gotta be darn early where you are now

ETA: are you at least in Scotland?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Coming soon, Cheer Dad's gofundme retirement account. Stay tuned

Last edited:
So CP made 2 teams- one is her age/level appropriate (yes, she is a Glitter Penguin) and the other is a 'reach team'. For us, that is a team that she doesn't quite have all the skills for, but she can learn from the older girls and contribute (usually in stunting). It takes so much focus off tumble and rewards the kids who are awesome bases, back spots, dancers.

Congrats on glitter penguins .. I seriously think the name is awesome. But since I'm trying to understand more about how this works, say your CP only wanted to do one team .. Would she have to do GP or could she choose her "reach team"?

Congrats on glitter penguins .. I seriously think the name is awesome. But since I'm trying to understand more about how this works, say your CP only wanted to do one team .. Would she have to do GP or could she choose her "reach team"?

If she only wanted one team, we would be placed where the coaching staff needed her more. If they needed more bases on her reach team, she would go there. If they needed tumblers, she would stay on GP. So it differs from kid to kid and year to year.

SN: follow the Glitter Penguins on Instagram @ceaGlitterPenguins

Like those have said on here before, there is a method to the madness with our gym. There are a group of youth aged kids who just might not be ready for the YE Butterfly "experience" yet (it is handled in a completely different way than most youth teams).... Glitter Penguins give those kids a chance to see what it is like. A team aiming for something big (Summit), but not quite that YE level (NCA, UCA, etc...) of dedication or demand yet. And yes, there are some YE crossovers (my CP is one) to that team to be leaders with GP and show those younger ones the ropes, and give those younger ones a chance to grow skills. My CP is not a level 5 tumbler, but is a stud for dancing, stunting, transitions, etc... Getting the chance to be a GP and a Butterfly gives her the best of both worlds, and we are blessed for the chance. This team is not about sandbagging (we expect most of those older YE crossovers to be basing/back spotting anyway), it is about learning and experiencing! @megsmom... I think I recognize your CP!

Hmmmm cold have sworn you said you were in London or the close vicinity. Wait, do you ever sleep? Gotta be darn early where you are now

ETA: are you at least in Scotland?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android Coming soon, Cheer Dad's gofundme retirement account. Stay tuned

Nope, I'm from right at the very top of Scotland and at University in the south!
I think @Ren is in the London area, maybe you're thinking of them!

It's a separate issue and a thread hijack here but I do have a LOT of trouble sleeping. It is very rare that I am asleep before 2am. It's not that I am tired and can't sleep - I'm wide awake! Its now 3:30am here and I am not tired at all and I have to physically tell myself "You are tired". I don't really know why but I have been doing lots of research about it and tried to make changes such as not using my phone after 11pm etc (that one is a work in progress - teenage girl problems! :p).
Now that I am going home for the summer I'm aiming to work really hard to go to sleep at sensible times and wake up at sensible times so that by the time I go back to university my sleep schedule is better.
I know its not healthy for my body so I'm eager to improve it!

Any tips/advice from anyone who's gone through a similar thing would be appreciated!

Like those have said on here before, there is a method to the madness with our gym. There are a group of youth aged kids who just might not be ready for the YE Butterfly "experience" yet (it is handled in a completely different way than most youth teams).... Glitter Penguins give those kids a chance to see what it is like. A team aiming for something big (Summit), but not quite that YE level (NCA, UCA, etc...) of dedication or demand yet. And yes, there are some YE crossovers (my CP is one) to that team to be leaders with GP and show those younger ones the ropes, and give those younger ones a chance to grow skills. My CP is not a level 5 tumbler, but is a stud for dancing, stunting, transitions, etc... Getting the chance to be a GP and a Butterfly gives her the best of both worlds, and we are blessed for the chance. This team is not about sandbagging (we expect most of those older YE crossovers to be basing/back spotting anyway), it is about learning and experiencing! @megsmom... I think I recognize your CP!

what do you mean YE experience? Because they are future worlds athletes in training / bigger completions etc?

I can't help but smile every time I type glitter penguins haha!

what do you mean YE experience? Because they are future worlds athletes in training / bigger completions etc?

I can't help but smile every time I type glitter penguins haha!

The "YE Experience" is just the way I word how they are handled/coached, which is usually a bit different. Expectations are high, pressure felt by the kids can be high, there is a tradition there the girls realize and acknowledge. Put it this way: if you were to turn your back to the floor and just watch/listen to the coaches, you would never guess they were speaking to a youth team... Hard to put into words, but the intensity is different.

As far a competitions go, YE does hit bigger ones/more of them (YE comp fees were more than SE or Coed last year). I guess it boils down to there not being a good intermediate to go from Minis to YE... GP does that this year.

Yes but is there level 4 athletes on say, level 2? Unless there's 5 level 4 teams they cross to...

Putting it out there that one or two kids crossing down will not make a difference. Cross down 5+ and then you might be on to something.

Nope, I'm from right at the very top of Scotland and at University in the south!
I think @Ren is in the London area, maybe you're thinking of them!

It's a separate issue and a thread hijack here but I do have a LOT of trouble sleeping. It is very rare that I am asleep before 2am. It's not that I am tired and can't sleep - I'm wide awake! Its now 3:30am here and I am not tired at all and I have to physically tell myself "You are tired". I don't really know why but I have been doing lots of research about it and tried to make changes such as not using my phone after 11pm etc (that one is a work in progress - teenage girl problems! :p).
Now that I am going home for the summer I'm aiming to work really hard to go to sleep at sensible times and wake up at sensible times so that by the time I go back to university my sleep schedule is better.
I know its not healthy for my body so I'm eager to improve it!

Any tips/advice from anyone who's gone through a similar thing would be appreciated!

Girlllll you're preaching to the choir! I never sleep...at night. I can sleep much better during the day than I can at night. Usually I'm just wide awake as well and if I turn everything off I'm left staring at the ceiling like fml I'm bored. So, I try to read or watch tv to make myself tired and then fall asleep I sometimes don't sleep til 330-4 ish if at all but then can fall asleep during the day...I dunno I'm odd. Maybe I'm a vampire lol..my mom has been saying this since I was a kid because I also can't sleep with ANY light coming into my room it drives me bonkers.

Sorry yall for the off topic!

Back