All-Star Teal Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's sad...what happened to working hard to get your skills and be a true level team..jeese
It's so hard for those small gyms who have no choice but to work hard with the talent they have to be a true level team to have a chance at competitions. Was watching another team in level 1 warmups this year, and for fun all the kids were doing bwo/bhs, and fwo/ro/bhs, and even a few tucks. I love seeing kids progress quickly with skills, etc., but a level 1 team with full perfect level 2 skills... Well, that should be a level 2 team. (And I know tumbling isn't the only thing that determines a level.) There were competitions where our 11 kid level 1 team hit their routine perfectly and came in dead last because the execution and difficulty just wasn't there like it needed to be. It was rough.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

... I do remember a Y3 was because my CP was currently on a Y3. and my CP was still on Y3 and she was going against a bunch of level 5 youth, I might feel a tad salty for her true Y3 team. Not against the rules, and, again, I am positive we would jump at the chance if CP had same opportunities. Maybe I'm just jealous!! :D

I'd be salty too. Summit is an expensive comp and knowing CP was competing against level 5 athletes would really make me salty.

Perhaps I'm still salty having already experienced it. :)

It's so hard for those small gyms who have no choice but to work hard with the talent they have to be a true level team to have a chance at competitions. Was watching another team in level 1 warmups this year, and for fun all the kids were doing bwo/bhs, and fwo/ro/bhs, and even a few tucks. I love seeing kids progress quickly with skills, etc., but a level 1 team with full perfect level 2 skills... Well, that should be a level 2 team. (And I know tumbling isn't the only thing that determines a level.) There were competitions where our 11 kid level 1 team hit their routine perfectly and came in dead last because the execution and difficulty just wasn't there like it needed to be. It was rough.

I don't see anything wrong with this, especially if its a young team. I'm typically at full squad bwo by the first comp on a level 1 team. Therefore the kids spend the whole season learning level 2 teams. Around March, April we start working sync bhs etc in our regular practices as 95-100% of the team is now level 2. So if you see my youth 1's throwing bhs in their free time it's not because they are sandbagging its because they were level one at tryouts and choreography.

True. But a Y3 team stacked with Level 5 kids? I would assume they'll do just fine.
There are really not an abundance level five tumblers on youth elite, some people tumble twice in the running tumbling/standing tumbling section to make it look like more. But YE is really just a mixture of kids who can stunt, tumble, dance, jump, or contribute to level 5 skills in some way and to grow as an athlete. Just because there are some level 5 athletes on the glitter penguins doesn't necessarily mean it's stacked.

I like what CEA does with the option of allowing girls crossover between regular teams & worlds teams like crossing over between Junior Elite and Senior Elite because it gives them the opportunity to be in a leadership role on junior elite, but go on senior elite and have the older girls to look up to. This is a competitive gym and I see no wrong with what they're doing. If a kid does not want to crossover they do not have to. It's a choice.

It was Rockstar "The Who". They were created specifically for NCA. Yes there were kids on that team from Killers. It was a half year team made up of anyone who wanted to go to NCA. It was comprised of kids of all levels. I believe the reason for Junior 2 was because it was easy to create a routine for that in a short amount of time. Competed at the NCA Atlanta, Cheersport and NCA. I believe they also won the Varsity year end comp that has now become the Summit.
Is this because no other Rockstar teams went to NCA? So they decided they wanted to?

There are really not an abundance level five tumblers on youth elite, some people tumble twice in the running tumbling/standing tumbling section to make it look like more. But YE is really just a mixture of kids who can stunt, tumble, dance, jump, or contribute to level 5 skills in some way and to grow as an athlete. Just because there are some level 5 athletes on the glitter penguins doesn't necessarily mean it's stacked.

I like what CEA does with the option of allowing girls crossover between regular teams & worlds teams like crossing over between Junior Elite and Senior Elite because it gives them the opportunity to be in a leadership role on junior elite, but go on senior elite and have the older girls to look up to. This is a competitive gym and I see no wrong with what they're doing. If a kid does not want to crossover they do not
have to. It's a choice.

This is exactly right. CP is a level 3 tumbler but a rocking base and dancer. So she 'fits' on GP but gets to do YE because they need bases to hold Kenley and Mini Maddie D in the air. So while it looks bad, the truth is GP is a majority of the kids' true team- most of the true level 5 kids on YE are crossing to JE, not GP.

All of the above lol.
Most of the "pouty faces" from disappointed team placements come from the parents (sad but true), so there's the answer to that question as well (that yes the parents attend).

I've seen kids moved to another team bc of upset parents with regards to placements.
Regardless of what the kid wants?

I wanted to apologize quickly, if I offended any parents by posting full names, I am sorry. Also there was a problem with a picture I posted which I saw on twitter under the hashtag teal reveal...obviously I did not see a problem with posting what was already published on such a public place. Anyway I don't wish to dwell on it, but I apologize and now I know for next time :)

All of the above lol.
Most of the "pouty faces" from disappointed team placements come from the parents (sad but true), so there's the answer to that question as well (that yes the parents attend).

I've seen kids moved to another team bc of upset parents with regards to placements.

Courtney Pope and staff are saints.

You couldn't pay me to get in a room with my kids AND their parents (school or all stars) to make team announcements.

I picture pouty kids opening envelopes and parents surrounding me like those hyenas in the Lion King.

However, I would imagine that the average kid/parent knows what team(s) their kids are most likely to make, so it's not a complete surprise. Ex: You know that your kid who just got her full is likely not going to be placed on Youth Elite, so you're not going to complain when it's not in her envelope.

I have to say i really do like the way cea makes a big ceremony about revealing the teams you made for the entire gym - not just level 5. the only downside i see to it is if a kid didn't make the team they wanted. like how do they hold in their disappointment in front of everybody.
It's only the k-ville and Charlotte gyms that do the reveal all formal. I can only attest to the gym CP is at- kids were given a number, and teams were announced via a group message.

This is so crazy to me. I'm not a parent, nor do I really spend time around parents of youth sport participants, but I cannot believe that those are the deciding factors. I hope that people will realize soon that this pattern isn't influencing anyone positively lol
One thing I've learned by being in the gym- people will do JUST ABOUT anything to get their kid noticed. They will spend $$ they don't have, they will sell their homes (ok, just one family) and work ridiculous amounts of OT to make sure Suzy gets on this team, that team, and make sure EVERYONE knows about it.

Remember when Rockstar stacked a Senior 2 for NCA and all hell broke loose? But CEA stacks a Youth 3 for the Summit and it's fine now. :rolleyes: I think there are some hypocrites up in herrrreeee.
I know this isn't the point of your post but it was a Small Junior Level 2 that Rockstar stacked at NCA 2012.

Back