All-Star Team Moms at gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

heyximcaitlin said:
we just got our goodie bags for cheersport at practice tonight. they were red [team color & valentine's day] bags with a team picture from when we got our partial paid bid. we also got some candy, a red sash to hang up on our hotel room door, and a lint roller. we also got team jackets.

The red sash to hang on your door. That's a good idea. The last 2 years we've made these big X men with a teal heart in the middle with the kids name across the heart. Each leg had the name of the team the kid was on and they kids took them to Cheersport to hang on their hotel doors. Each year the hotel staff has taken our signs off the door and not let them stay up so we didn't do them this year. But the kids loved them. We used posterboard to do them......just traced and cut a million of them and each team mom that wanted them for her team was responsible for putting them together and writing on them. But the red sash would be alot less intrusive and in the hotel staff's face so to speak.

We might have to take some teal sashes to Dallas. Do you know where I might find them?

The georgia team mom's are ABSOLUTELY amazinggg. words can not express the stuff they do for us. They will pretty much do anything reasonable for you and go above and beyond anything i have ever seen. My bestfriends mom is coed5 mom and if i call her before practice and need food or a water or anything she gets it without any question she is honestly like my second mom. But i know she would do the same for any of the other kids she is there in a mother perspective because obv. jamie cant do EVERYTHING.. (even though he comes pretty dang close) i just want ALL team moms to read this and know that just because we the kids of the team may act as if we are not appreciative of the work yall put into the team we really are and it means the world to us. <3

mstealtoyou said:
heyximcaitlin said:
we just got our goodie bags for cheersport at practice tonight. they were red [team color & valentine's day] bags with a team picture from when we got our partial paid bid. we also got some candy, a red sash to hang up on our hotel room door, and a lint roller. we also got team jackets.

The red sash to hang on your door. That's a good idea. The last 2 years we've made these big X men with a teal heart in the middle with the kids name across the heart. Each leg had the name of the team the kid was on and they kids took them to Cheersport to hang on their hotel doors. Each year the hotel staff has taken our signs off the door and not let them stay up so we didn't do them this year. But the kids loved them. We used posterboard to do them......just traced and cut a million of them and each team mom that wanted them for her team was responsible for putting them together and writing on them. But the red sash would be alot less intrusive and in the hotel staff's face so to speak.

We might have to take some teal sashes to Dallas. Do you know where I might find them?

i'm not sure. it's basically fancy/sparkly, thick ribbon (like 3.5 inches). you could probably find it at a craft store/other stores that sell ribbon.

Is that what those are for ?! hahaha. I tied it in my hair last night. Looked like Minnie Mouse. (:) Now I know what its for. Thanks bud!

MachoMan. said:
The georgia team mom's are ABSOLUTELY amazinggg. words can not express the stuff they do for us. They will pretty much do anything reasonable for you and go above and beyond anything i have ever seen. My bestfriends mom is coed5 mom and if i call her before practice and need food or a water or anything she gets it without any question she is honestly like my second mom. But i know she would do the same for any of the other kids she is there in a mother perspective because obv. jamie cant do EVERYTHING.. (even though he comes pretty dang close) i just want ALL team moms to read this and know that just because we the kids of the team may act as if we are not appreciative of the work yall put into the team we really are and it means the world to us. <3
Reading this makes me remember why I said yes to taking over in the first place. :hug: It's all about being there for the kids on the team and contributing in that way.

As a coach I LOVE my team mom! She takes care of everything before I even ask her! When I ask her to do something it is either already done or is done right then! If a girl gets hurt she will have cards and balloons for her the very next practice. All the birthdays are taken care of with a cake and gift. She emails our parents for us and sends texts to the girls about reminders and any other info I need her to pass along. When a girl broke her arm sledding this past weekend I knew about it within less then an hour. She makes sure the girls have goody bags at competition. Also at comps I have to go to every teams warm up and watch them compete so I am never with my team until meeting time so she makes sure they are all meeting at the right time with hair, make up, and uniform on. Team Mom's are a true blessing for coaches! Thank you all you team moms! Now cheer moms...don't get me started..they are not a coaches best friend LOL!

How about a little something for the Team Dads out there?

Our team mom is GREAT! She does everything from e-mailing/texting practice wear and schedules, to making holiday events organized, to guiding our fund raising efforts. She does a lot of coordinating and communicating for the coaches so that they aren't bombarded by parents. Supercells has a SUPER team mom!

This is a good thread to bring back with the start of the season. If you are a team parent at a gym, you can pick up many great tips in here or at least have a list of other team parents to reach out to when you have questions.

Got lots of great ideas from this thread! I'm team mom for my CP's mini team this year with another mom, and it's already been a challenge, but in a good way. :)

We have "Squadron Commanders" in keeping with our military/flight theme. We have 4 SC's and each is assigned 2-3 teams. They serve as a go-to for parents, and help cut down on questions for the all star director and staff, and allow our focus to remain on team training as much as possible. We LOVE our SC's - they kick butt! Some of their responsibilities are: arranging fundraisers for each team, meeting teams at competition prior to warm-up, arranging team bonding experiences and parties, decorating our team room at Cheersport Nationals, being committee chairs for special events, and keeping parents informed through email, text, calls. We meet (AS director and SC's) 1-2 times per month, and in return for all of their hard work, their monthly tuition is waived.

We couldn't do it without these amazing ladies! They are extra special people...be very selective when choosing your team parent, it takes the right combination of being professional, understanding, firm when needed, and supportive. Don't forget that they are a representative, and probably one of your best salespeople, of your company!

I have one of the best Team Moms ever for my team. I know I can count on her when I need her. She’s very supportive, especially when the pressure is getting out of control. She’s also an email demon!

I also have a really good relationship with the team mom for my cp’s team. She was always their protecting the kids and making sure they have what they needed. Good or bad it didn’t matter she cared for each kid individually and protected them like a Fierce Mama Bear! I loved that about her. The girls loved her so much too. When they see her it’s all hugs & kisses.

Ms Teal is an incredible team mom. What I love about her is that whenever my CP has been on one of her teams, and i would leave my daughter with her at a competition, I knew she was safe, fed, hydrated, and ready to compete.
Realistically, more than that's more than I could hope for.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Get all the girls cell phone numbers/emails (or there parents, depending on age) and make sure you TEXT EVERY SINGLE THING! IMO, everyone would rather get 5 texts rather than 0 from the team mom. Always make sure they know what to wear to practice (if y'all have to wear something specific to practice) and what time to be at a comp. As far as spirit gifts go, send out a mass email to the parents- trust me, you will have a few parents that wouldn't mind putting together gifts for the girls. Also, since your daughter will be on the team, try to make sure she is friends with everyone so all the girls will like you:)

Back