High School Team Practice Clothes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

During sideline season and the summer, my coach will require us to wear matching outfits with a white bow. We get between 5-7 different outfits for camp, so once camp is over, we are required to wear those to practice. We get the bows, so we all look totally the same. If you didn't wear the right outfit it was considered an unexcused absence and usually there was some conditioning. During competitive season, we didn't have assigned outfits, but the last practice before a competition, we had to wear all black. We would have theme days like 80s workout day, princess day, rainbow day (everyone had a different color to wear), neon day, etc.

I think if we got practice bows then they probably would figure out there is a way to make them without just tying the ribbon around your ponytail. All of their competition bows were hand made by a mom, so they haven't actually ever had a manufactured cheer bow before. I think I would let them wear whatever bow they wanted and that way I could make them wear matching bows at games. They all wear their own thing currently and it drives me nuts, they look so sloppy!! I realize as the coach I can make them do whatever I want, but I like to choose my battles carefully. ;)
We used to do "FUN" bow practice, or "FUN" socks practice... every now and then, usually the last practice before a 2 day comp. The carrot we dangled was, if you hit your stuff and we have time at the end you can pose for pictures. It gave them team bonding time and also allowed them a chance to have fun with it.

We used to do "FUN" bow practice, or "FUN" socks practice... every now and then, usually the last practice before a 2 day comp. The carrot we dangled was, if you hit your stuff and we have time at the end you can pose for pictures. It gave them team bonding time and also allowed them a chance to have fun with it.
I just really like how that was worded haha.

Oh yeah, other theme days we have done were 80's day and ganster day.

My CP's high school cheer coach requires them to wear a specific shirt, shorts and matching bow every day of the week except for Wednesdays which is their choice. If they don't have the correct practice clothes on, they get demerits and have to "run off" the demerits. At first I thought it was a bit much, but then I realized that it was teaching them to be organized and responsible... plus all 42 cheerleaders from the 3 different squads had a unified look. At our all-star gym we also have specific shirts and shorts to wear to each practice.. but no matching bows thankfully. :D

On my high school team we have to wear certain colors on each day. Like black shirt blue shorts. They dont have matching practice wear and can wear whatever we want but it has to be the right colors. If you don't have the right colors then you have to condition.

Not at my school. I've never heard of high school teams doing this either.
We wear what we want to practices and my coach can pick out our flaws just fine, let me tell you! The only time we ever 'match' is when we have a performance before camp, competition, or a game and we just wear whatever uniform is required that day. I can see how it would help to see major things like formations and stuff, but it could also make people harder to pick out I think. I don't think matching is a big deal unless you have an event.

And if a girl is going to wear neon anything, she better be dang good because she's not sneaking by on anything that day!

No required practice clothing, same color top, same color bottoms for each day of the week. Easy to watch/catch mistake when all the girls match & enough flexibility to let girls wear that they feel comfortable in during practice.

We have required shorts and shirts for practice. We also have a practice bow that they are required to wear every day. It teaches them responsibility. My statement to them when they tell me its dirty is always "you don't have to pay 3 dollars in quarters to do a load of laundry, its free, figure it out." They can wear whatever bow they want to tumbling.

My high school team has 5 different practice outfits that include a shirt, shorts, and a sports bra. We practice every day during 7th period and we are required to dress out into the clothes on the specific day. (We even have matching shoes). Our coach makes us condition if we are not wearing the right thing. Overall, I have to say I like this policy because it makes us look more like a team and more athletic. We sometimes use the practice shirts to promote a game during school by wearing them with a white bow. Overall, this policy works very well!

My high school team has 5 different practice outfits that include a shirt, shorts, and a sports bra. We practice every day during 7th period and we are required to dress out into the clothes on the specific day. (We even have matching shoes). Our coach makes us condition if we are not wearing the right thing. Overall, I have to say I like this policy because it makes us look more like a team and more athletic. We sometimes use the practice shirts to promote a game during school by wearing them with a white bow. Overall, this policy works very well!

You get a whole period to practice together?:eek: That must be very convenient!
I'd wear anything if our school would have let us do that...

At my school we have to all have to match, but we get free dress fridays and the last week of practice every year is costume dress days!! I like being coordinated because it makes us look like a team and it makes it easier to see the whole routine come together when we all are in a uniformed way.

Back