All-Star Teammates Dating?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i dated a guy who was in a different program. we dated for a few years and kept it classy at competitions, most of the time we actually missed each other performing because he was in warm ups when i was on the floor. when we broke up.... it was mighty awkward we both staff for a company (equivalent to being nca staff) and travel about teaching at conferences etc. For the first year he just ignored that I was there.... but now its fine, everything is friendly!! I wouldnt recommend dating another cheerleader, i found soooo many people got involved in our relationship, started rumours or stared at us.

On the other hand last year was the first time my sister was on the same team as me (she is normally on the team I coach). I love it, we have such a good time! We never fight at cheer, I walk on the matt with her at comps and wouldnt want it any other way now.

I was on the same team as my sister a few years ago. I was 9 and she was 12.. so obviously we weren't exactly mature then.. aha. We fought a lot during practice because my coach put us next to each other in everything. Same stunt group, same pyramid group, next to each other in dance and jumps, and shared pass. I see her enough at home, seeing her everywhere at cheer, too? :banghead:

I think it shouldn't be allowed. I follow a girl on tumblr who recently broke up with her cheerleader boyfriend and she's taking it so bad that she wants to quit cheer. It's awkward for everyone, especially when you still have to work together for the rest of the season.

haha yeahh thats mee. lol, its okayy tho now were friends. Im not quiting anymore.

That's you? haha. I'm glad it all worked out I just felt so bad for you during the whole process
haah yeah thats me, unless someone is going through the same thing but i know i talked about italot on tumblr and i have a cheer tumblr that i talked about it on. im cheeringprincess.

i personally do not like the idea of teammates being together during the competition season this year my team started off being small senior coed 4 and ended with our only guy quitting because he couldn't handle that he cheated on his gf :/ needless to say this was 3 weeks before Canadian nationals and we had to rewrite the routine

when I was in highschool I dated the guy I based with for baskets and flew him at the end to. Mind you I was in highschol and not mature but after we broke up it was really bad. we would fight all the time during practice and at our last comp it completely divided the team. It was super bad. luckily we have no more boys in our progam so no more worries!

Back