All-Star The Champions Cup 2013? Anyone?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1364540897.jpg

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i like this idea. and i commend them for trying to make things not just about level 5... but how are they possibly going to try and field a team in every single division for every state. They should have chosen one level or one age group to start with and work the kinks out with before you just invite every cheerleader in the country and guarantee there will be a spot for them. what about sandbagging and crossovers?

i actually feel the same way about the summit and the divisions that only have 1 or 2 teams.

the best team will not win, but the team with the most money who actually signed up might. :rolleyes:

i like this idea. and i commend them for trying to make things not just about level 5... but how are they possibly going to try and field a team in every single division for every state. They should have chosen one level or one age group to start with and work the kinks out with before you just invite every cheerleader in the country and guarantee there will be a spot for them. what about sandbagging and crossovers?

i actually feel the same way about the summit and the divisions that only have 1 or 2 teams.

the best team will not win, but the team with the most money who actually signed up might. :rolleyes:
I just had the same thought about sandbagging when I saw the flyer above. I'm not saying anything about them specifically but it just occurred to me that I doubt there will be a lot of lv5 anyway...why would you do that? But i bet level 2-3 will have some competition! There are gyms in our area that build a team from their kids for one competition. It's ALWAYS a sandbag. Last season it was lv 3-4 kids and they competed lv 2. I suddenly had the realization that's what this will be. Especially with limited practices, you'd almost need to sandbag it to ensure a successful team. So it won't be the best state of level athletes, it will be the best assembled sandbag... For however many teams are in that division. For the teams there, competition will be fierce I'm sure.

Heck, if I was the coach, repping my state, that's what I would do!

I was going to do it since my gym is a host gym, but it's really too expensive for one competition

I think 575 is actually pretty good for all the stuff you get. I'd love my own kids program to get me a uniform, warm ups, practice gear etc for that cost. And if you don't have to fly to NoLa you're even better.

I'd consider it for mine if I was guaranteed it would actually be what it's proposed to be. I just can't get away from the thought you might have (maybe) 3 teams in your division if you're lucky...and they'll all be sandbagged at that.

Just not sure the amount of competition is worth it until we know what that looks like. (I'm also not the biggest fan of NCs uni....blah) now jersey and NY I love.

My other concern has to do with their home program. Summer is skill time. There may be camps, choreography, definitely practices etc. and it's not worth missing ANY time with your own team for this one time deal (not even sure how coaches would feel about that) and I don't see any possible way those schedules won't overlap.

Our gym is a host gym and we have gotten some of our other friends/programs in the area on board, although I understand the hesitation of some to do this.
The Champions Cup company hires the coaches, places the teams, and really does everything - the host gym is literally just hosting the practice space. The kids are very excited about wearing the "state uniform" and participating in the competition with this Olympic-style concept and seem not worried about the level of the team or having to compete down if needed, especially considering the short amount of time they have to complete a routine with a new team. We are happy to be the guniea pigs! :)

Anyone know what criteria there are for choosing a state?

For example, our young coach potentially wants to try out for IOC5. He lives in IL, works in IN, but his drivers license says FL. Lol. We also have a few kids who live in IL but train with our IN gym. I haven't found any guidelines.

Thoughts?

Twist & Shout is listed as a host gym and I haven't heard a thing about it... ???

Mclovin your tryouts are April 14th from 7-8:30 so get ready! ;) someone in your gym must have coordinated that for you to have a tryout time!

There are 5 or 6 host gyms in Indiana but only 3 have tryout dates listed on the page. Not sure what that means.

Mclovin your tryouts are April 14th from 7-8:30 so get ready! ;) someone in your gym must have coordinated that for you to have a tryout time!

There are 5 or 6 host gyms in Indiana but only 3 have tryout dates listed on the page. Not sure what that means.
That's just live tryouts. You can submit a video tryout for the other places.

That's just live tryouts. You can submit a video tryout for the other places.

This is true. I wonder how many people are doing that though. I wonder how many people even know. The only reason I found out was because our gym announced they were hosting.

Anyway, we have registered to try out. My CP is only 7, so I don't know that she will make the youth team. I suppose we will find out soon enough!

Why is there more than one host gym. It might just be me but I feel like there should be one host gym per state which would prevent the same state from competing against eachother. This would only work if those two gyms had a team in a DIFFERENT division.

I think 575 is actually pretty good for all the stuff you get. I'd love my own kids program to get me a uniform, warm ups, practice gear etc for that cost. And if you don't have to fly to NoLa you're even better.

I'd consider it for mine if I was guaranteed it would actually be what it's proposed to be. I just can't get away from the thought you might have (maybe) 3 teams in your division if you're lucky...and they'll all be sandbagged at that.

Just not sure the amount of competition is worth it until we know what that looks like. (I'm also not the biggest fan of NCs uni....blah) now jersey and NY I love.

My other concern has to do with their home program. Summer is skill time. There may be camps, choreography, definitely practices etc. and it's not worth missing ANY time with your own team for this one time deal (not even sure how coaches would feel about that) and I don't see any possible way those schedules won't overlap.

Oh I agree, 575 is definitely reasonable. But I would have to fly down there, so by the end of the weekend it would be around 2000 (air fare, food, hotels). My mom couldn't justify paying that but she did agree that it was a fantastic idea

Back