OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Kelly is 5'7", wow - I would have never guessed that she was that tall. Brooke looks like her dad while Paige looks like her mom.

CP always says that Brooke is so short because she went on pointe shoes too early and it did something to her growth plate - so something on the interent must say this.

I personally suspect that Brooke is just short - like is it really possible to injure yourself and stop growing? Just sounds far fetched to me. I thought growth stunting only happens from long periods of malnourishment at a very young age.

Kelly is 5'7", wow - I would have never guessed that she was that tall. Brooke looks like her dad while Paige looks like her mom.

CP always says that Brooke is so short because she went on pointe shoes too early and it did something to her growth plate - so something on the interent must say this.

I personally suspect that Brooke is just short - like is it really possible to injure yourself and stop growing? Just sounds far fetched to me. I thought growth stunting only happens from long periods of malnourishment at a very young age.
If you damaged every growth plate in your legs and back (though technically there aren't any growth plates in your spine, just cartilage that acts like a growth plate, but every spinal level has this so you would have to injure every level) possibly, but it would take a heck of a lot of damage to do that. I've never heard of that happening to anyone.

There are more reasons for stunted growth though undernourishment is likely the most common. Chemotherapy is another example that is linked to decreased growth---I'm on the tall side (5'8-5'9") but on the short side for my family (my aunt is 6'0", my female cousin is 6'1", my dad was 6'6" and my brother is 6'8" as examples) and they believe chemo stunted my growth about 3-6 inches. Certain medications can cause the same issue.

As for growth plate damage, if it goes undiagnosed long enough it can negatively impact growth. CP was around 4 when she decided to play a jumping game on our hardwood floors---nothing special, just jumping. The result of that jumping was a fracture to her growth plate in her ankle. Thankfully casting it helped it heal enough to get away from surgery, but had it not---she would have likely needed surgery later on to correct that leg because it wouldn't grow as the same rate as her non-injured leg. Brooke dealt with a lot of back and hip injuries so it doesn't surprise me that her growth was potentially stunted from it or a combination of it and other factors (like genetics).

I need Brooke's heels. Adorable.

I'm wondering if it's that Paige is really that tall or if Brooke is just that short.

The difference is how my older sister and I look when we're both wearing heels or when we're both barefoot. She's 4'10 and I'm 5'2 so I'm hardly tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You look taller in your picture. Maybe it's your facial shape and build.

If you damaged every growth plate in your legs and back (though technically there aren't any growth plates in your spine, just cartilage that acts like a growth plate, but every spinal level has this so you would have to injure every level) possibly, but it would take a heck of a lot of damage to do that. I've never heard of that happening to anyone.

Not saying it is that but remember during the show she had a ton of back issues. Our old dance studio had a specific rule about when they would allow you to start point and if you wanted to start earlier they recommended you see your doctor and have an X-ray done and then have a note from the doctor saying it was okay.Personally my kids were not that much into ballet so was never an issue for us but I know a couple of parents who went that route - it being medically necessary I have no clue at all.

Not sure who sold their soul but I now am hearing 2 of Mackenzie's songs playing regularly on Radio Disney (we listen always in the car - kid friendly songs)... besides thinking auto tune, auto tune, auto tune..... I think I bet Abby is just proud as punch and in her little mind this proves she is THE star maker.... meanwhile I can't change the radio fast enough as the songs are like nails on a chalkboard.

Calling it right now if DM season 6 is a "next generation" thing:
Makenzie is the new Maddie, aka the favorite who is perfect at everything.
Brynn is the new Chloe- always right on the edge of being as good as Mackenzie (even though low-key she's more talented), but Abby favors Mackenzie.
They might string JoJo or Kendall along to play the brooke/kalani "old enough that they should be perfect always" role
Then idk. Maybe they'll bring back Asia to be the token minority.
ETA they also need a new "baby" of the team. So I guess we'll see, lol

All I can think of is Austin Powers and Maddi is the mini me. Clearly Sia has become a one trick pony. Interesting songs but she can't come up with another idea that to use this little girl acting like a mentally ill abused child over and over and over again. It is now old.
Sia, IMO, is way too talented to be just a one-trick pony. However, using Maddie over and over again is making her look like one.

Back