OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Puh-lease let an adult talk to my (hypothetical) child like Jill talked to Brynn on tonight's episode. I would get violent (which maybe says I'm too immature to have real kids but hey).
Jill was way out of line but she usually is and never seems to grasp it. I have kids and am generally calm cool and collected but unless my child was truly talking back then no one better speak that way to my child. She is totally self absorbed - scratch that she is totally focused only on Kendall.... and I'm sorry you can push the Kendall-Kay concept they want well it's like fetch ... it isn't happening.
Kendall is a very pretty girl but the lights are on but no one is home. Her dances all look the same because she has this vacant smile on her face. As much as Maddie's dances looked the same you could see something going on in her head and when she talks in general you can see this kid has more going on (not so much for Kendall - although I don't think she really gets the chance to think or se herself as more than a pretty dancing doll due to her mom). Now when they have Maddie on you can tell she is in on the joke this whole thing has become and it is clear she is trying to distance herself from it.

Puh-lease let an adult talk to my (hypothetical) child like Jill talked to Brynn on tonight's episode. I would get violent (which maybe says I'm too immature to have real kids but hey).

Naw. Jill and I would have had to fight. That's how I know this show is fake. No mother lets some heifer talk to their kid like that and not face a repercussion....verbally (or low key physically...lets be real)

Jill was way out of line but she usually is and never seems to grasp it. I have kids and am generally calm cool and collected but unless my child was truly talking back then no one better speak that way to my child. She is totally self absorbed - scratch that she is totally focused only on Kendall.... and I'm sorry you can push the Kendall-Kay concept they want well it's like fetch ... it isn't happening.
Kendall is a very pretty girl but the lights are on but no one is home. Her dances all look the same because she has this vacant smile on her face. As much as Maddie's dances looked the same you could see something going on in her head and when she talks in general you can see this kid has more going on (not so much for Kendall - although I don't think she really gets the chance to think or se herself as more than a pretty dancing doll due to her mom). Now when they have Maddie on you can tell she is in on the joke this whole thing has become and it is clear she is trying to distance herself from it.

I laugh now that they are trying to push her as "Kendall-K". They kept saying it last night, like it has always been a thing.

Why did I call her "Kendall-K", you might ask? Because the child's middle name is legit "K"... like in the letter. Like in the stupid one letter text that bothers so many. At least that is was Jill says.....

Also. Kendall....shes not a talented dancer. She can dance because shes taken dance classes for year...but she lacks natural rhythm...and coordination, flow and ease etc... Nothing about her looks natural. It was borderline distracting in the "hip hop dance".

Mackenzie had a little bit of swag though.

See I thought Brynn's response was a little disrespectful for her age, and then when she went on to cry to her mom her personality completely changed to one that was very babyish and victim-like, where she had an attitude when talking to Jill and the others. The change in personality she made kind of makes me suspect she has the ability to be bratty to some and then become fakely sweet around others when it suits her - like a two faced mean girl in training. I'm less of a Brynn fan after that scene.

Don't get me wrong, Jill was *definitely* out of line too, especially when she said "you understand!" back to Brynn after Brynn said she wasn't in the way or whatever it is was, and she certainly deserved to be called out for yelling at someone else's kid like that. We had an incident like that a few years ago where an out of control self appointed TM (this was at dance) felt she had to right to scream at our kids like she was in charge of everyone, even when their moms were right there, because she sent out a few emails reminding us what tights to wear for what dance and hosted a party at her house. It got very ugly - a few moms really got in her face over it and she deserved it - moms and kids stormed out of an event, etc. It was certainly a dance moms worthy scene ;).

Crazy Dance Moms and all aside, I still would hope my kid wouldn't talk back to another parent the way Brynn did to Jill regardless of how out of line Jill was. It's a respect for authority thing - you nod and be polite, and then let your parent handle things afterwards. At least that's my opinion.

Like to put it in an adult work context, if I'm in accounting and report to the manager of accounting, and the manager of the production department (not my boss at all) comes over to my desk and starts screaming at me about something I didn't do and/or wasn't even my fault, it would be really inappropriate for me to talk back to him and contradict what he's saying, especially if he's really irate - the person is higher up in the organization and because of that kind of gets the right to be a jerk from time to time (it's just the nature of the chain of command) - the right thing to do is to cordially listen to what he's saying and say as little back as possible w/o actually admitting or denying guilt. Then after he leaves, go explain what happened to my manager and have him or the next higher level boss deal with it. Usually in those cases the screaming manager will eventually come back around to apologize, either on their own will or because they were made to.

Also. Kendall....shes not a talented dancer. She can dance because shes taken dance classes for year...but she lacks natural rhythm...and coordination, flow and ease etc... Nothing about her looks natural. It was borderline distracting in the "hip hop dance".

I thought the same thing. She looked so awkward doing the hip hop dance it kept drawing my attention right to it.

And that hip hop dance was absolutely horrible - no swag, rhythm or power in any of them - even those three boys that were so great at hip hop were bad. Guess I've just seen too much good hip hop in my lifetime cause wow was that awful.

Two types of dance you should never do on a stage unless you are amazing at it - ballet and hip hop.

I'm still laughing about the competition... Announcer: we have two places....
U only say that when literally only two competed. So sad sad sad....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed that as well, i originally thought it was just do to editing of the show. But considering how setup these fake comps. Are it doesnt suprise me that the girls wouldnt have much competition outside of their actual team mates.

I noticed that as well, i originally thought it was just do to editing of the show. But considering how setup these fake comps. Are it doesnt suprise me that the girls wouldnt have much competition outside of their actual team mates.

The competitions are fake and invitationals...meaning they control who comes, how many dances there are...etc, depending upon how much time they have for it. One comp they do for Season 6 has literally 15 kids total at the entire thing INCLUDING the ALDC.

The competitions are fake and invitationals...meaning they control who comes, how many dances there are...etc, depending upon how much time they have for it. One comp they do for Season 6 has literally 15 kids total at the entire thing INCLUDING the ALDC.

Do they do any "real" competitions where the cameras aren't there and they compete against other normal dance studios?

See I thought Brynn's response was a little disrespectful for her age, and then when she went on to cry to her mom her personality completely changed to one that was very babyish and victim-like, where she had an attitude when talking to Jill and the others. The change in personality she made kind of makes me suspect she has the ability to be bratty to some and then become fakely sweet around others when it suits her - like a two faced mean girl in training. I'm less of a Brynn fan after that scene.

Don't get me wrong, Jill was *definitely* out of line too, especially when she said "you understand!" back to Brynn after Brynn said she wasn't in the way or whatever it is was, and she certainly deserved to be called out for yelling at someone else's kid like that. We had an incident like that a few years ago where an out of control self appointed TM (this was at dance) felt she had to right to scream at our kids like she was in charge of everyone, even when their moms were right there, because she sent out a few emails reminding us what tights to wear for what dance and hosted a party at her house. It got very ugly - a few moms really got in her face over it and she deserved it - moms and kids stormed out of an event, etc. It was certainly a dance moms worthy scene ;).

Crazy Dance Moms and all aside, I still would hope my kid wouldn't talk back to another parent the way Brynn did to Jill regardless of how out of line Jill was. It's a respect for authority thing - you nod and be polite, and then let your parent handle things afterwards. At least that's my opinion.

Like to put it in an adult work context, if I'm in accounting and report to the manager of accounting, and the manager of the production department (not my boss at all) comes over to my desk and starts screaming at me about something I didn't do and/or wasn't even my fault, it would be really inappropriate for me to talk back to him and contradict what he's saying, especially if he's really irate - the person is higher up in the organization and because of that kind of gets the right to be a jerk from time to time (it's just the nature of the chain of command) - the right thing to do is to cordially listen to what he's saying and say as little back as possible w/o actually admitting or denying guilt. Then after he leaves, go explain what happened to my manager and have him or the next higher level boss deal with it. Usually in those cases the screaming manager will eventually come back around to apologize, either on their own will or because they were made to.
I TOTALY agree with this.. I noticed a little "tude" with Bryn too... In fact I was watching and said out loud ... "Sassy"... Then Jill started reaming her and I said to my husband sitting next to me - "what a completely dissfunctional group of parents and kids"

Do they do any "real" competitions where the cameras aren't there and they compete against other normal dance studios?

Some of them do, but not for the show. The show has been banned from filming at all of the 'real' reputable dance competitions because they played with the results a little too much. Even in the first few seasons it was common for them to claim Maddie came in 1st against Chloe, yet when you looked, they weren't typically against each other because Chloe is older. Stuff like that got them in a lot of trouble.

I TOTALY agree with this.. I noticed a little "tude" with Bryn too... In fact I was watching and said out loud ... "Sassy"... Then Jill started reaming her and I said to my husband sitting next to me - "what a completely dissfunctional group of parents and kids"

I think the only reason Brynn's comment didn't stand out to me is because I would have said the same thing at that age. It's not a matter of talking back, it's a matter of being factual about the situation. IMO, she did nothing wrong and had Kendall said anything I guarantee she would have moved. I think Jill was 100% in the wrong on this one and just played to the storyline.

Back