OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I think the only reason Brynn's comment didn't stand out to me is because I would have said the same thing at that age. It's not a matter of talking back, it's a matter of being factual about the situation. IMO, she did nothing wrong and had Kendall said anything I guarantee she would have moved. I think Jill was 100% in the wrong on this one and just played to the storyline.
I completely agree with this, I would've said the same thing. Brynn probably could have been more respectful, but Jill was being disrespectful to her first. The "brain in her head" line really struck me. And yeah, I was raised to know that kids should never, ever talk back to adults, but as someone who was always mature for my age and understood when adults were out of line, I resent that idea.
Adults don't get to be a$$holes to children bc they're adults. It's cowardly. "Pick on someone your own size," and whatnot.
Either way, I'm sure it was staged just like everything else on the show. I agree with whoever said that about Maddie seeming "in on the joke", and I wish she'd try to get it into the other girls' heads that it's fake.

I completely agree with this, I would've said the same thing. Brynn probably could have been more respectful, but Jill was being disrespectful to her first. The "brain in her head" line really struck me. And yeah, I was raised to know that kids should never, ever talk back to adults, but as someone who was always mature for my age and understood when adults were out of line, I resent that idea.
Adults don't get to be a$$holes to children bc they're adults. It's cowardly. "Pick on someone your own size," and whatnot.
Either way, I'm sure it was staged just like everything else on the show. I agree with whoever said that about Maddie seeming "in on the joke", and I wish she'd try to get it into the other girls' heads that it's fake.

I think the kids know...it's the adults who I think are slow on the uptake.

In regards to Kendall, I do think she's one of those kids who is good because she's been in dance for a while---however, I think the lack of face has more to do with how hard she's focusing on the constant changes in choreography. I think she could likely be amazing in a dance she's allowed to practice for months upon months and then perform it. When she dances, I can see her concentration in her eyes but she reminds me of Amanda Seyfried's character in Means Girls...the aloof spacy girl who is witty every once in a while but is always vapid.

Jill is driving me insane, she is just being ridiculous, and calling her daughter Kendall-K does not help the situation either

I really like Jojo more and more, she just doesn't care and does her thing. The rest of the girls look like they don't even wanna be there

This whole Brynn versus Maddie is ridiculous.
I haven't watched the newest episode but isn't Brynn significantly younger than Maddie? Or is she just small, because she looks like she's several years younger to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't watched the newest episode but isn't Brynn significantly younger than Maddie? Or is she just small, because she looks like she's several years younger to me.

I believe she is 12, Maddie is 13.

This whole Brynn versus Maddie is ridiculous.
I definitely agree with your assessment, RIDICULOUS! First, I really hated how the show premise was all about going after Ashlee and Brynn.. Tbh, I do not know 1 Mom that will concede that my daughter is not the best, especially in a competitive sport... This whole show reeked of set up drama and manufactured fights and drama... I am still scratching my head wondering, Why suddenly, Maddie is placed in the same category as Brynn and what Assistant Dance Instructor, Gianna, will engaged in some petty argument and pour gasoline in an open wound...
PS: I still do not understand why Kalani was not chosen for the 17 magazine, she seemed to be exactly the demographic that read and follow the fashions in that magazine...

I definitely agree with your assessment, RIDICULOUS! First, I really hated how the show premise was all about going after Ashlee and Brynn.. Tbh, I do not know 1 Mom that will concede that my daughter is not the best, especially in a competitive sport... This whole show reeked of set up drama and manufactured fights and drama... I am still scratching my head wondering, Why suddenly, Maddie is placed in the same category as Brynn and what Assistant Dance Instructor, Gianna, will engaged in some petty argument and pour gasoline in an open wound...
PS: I still do not understand why Kalani was not chosen for the 17 magazine, she seemed to be exactly the demographic that read and follow the fashions in that magazine...

I think Nia was chosen for diversity and I think Kendall was chosen because of Melissa/Abby. I think Kalani would have been a fabulous choice, BUT she would have stood out more than Maddie and since Maddie was the feature that wasn't a great choice. I personally would have chosen Brynn of the other options because of her hair color.

I think Nia was chosen for diversity and I think Kendall was chosen because of Melissa/Abby. I think Kalani would have been a fabulous choice, BUT she would have stood out more than Maddie and since Maddie was the feature that wasn't a great choice. I personally would have chosen Brynn of the other options because of her hair color.
Well, I thought Brynn should have been placed in the same category as MacK and JJ, she appeared to be too young for the 17 magazine demographic... Retrospectively, I guess, Kendall was the only choice, if Kalani would have overshadowed Maddie...

PS: Whenever I look at Kalani, she appears to be Hispanic or Native American...

[emoji19] Nia is token'd on in, in a lot of ways, however the 17 shoot wasn't an instance where she was needed for "diversity". She was the logical and right choice. She's a teen. She's pretty. She has a following. Kalani and Kendall look similar. She it was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other in that toss up

Everyone else was too young or looked too young.

But no. For once Nia wasn't chosen because she was black. She was chosen because she fit the bill.

(side note. I'm sure nobody at 17 calls her baby Beyoncé though)

Last edited:
[emoji19] Nia is token'd on in, in a lot of ways, how very the 17 shoot wasn't an instance where she was needed for "diversity". She was the logical and right choice. She's a teen. She's pretty. She has a following. Kalani and Kendall look similar. She it was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other in that toss up

Everyone else was too young or looked too young.

But no. For once Nia wasn't chosen because she was black. She was chosen because she fit the bill.

(side note. I'm sure nobody at 17 calls her baby Beyoncé though)

I didn't mean as the token African American girl, I mean diversity from Maddie's look.

I didn't mean as the token African American girl, I mean diversity from Maddie's look.

Kendall and Kalani aren't similar to Maddie in either size or appearance. The only similarities is that one would assume that they are all white.

The reality is we all know what "diversity" has become code word for and no matter how you try to spin it, for once Nia got something because she was right for the job, not because they needed a black girl or someone that didn't "look" like everyone else

I definitely agree with @ErinS assertion that Nia was chosen because she was right for the job and that is why I felt Kalani would have also gotten the job... Maddie would have definitely stuck out between these 2 girls and they all fit the demographic for 17 magazine...

Kendall and Kalani aren't similar to Maddie in either size or appearance. The only similarities is that one would assume that they are all white.

The reality is we all know what "diversity" has become code word for and no matter how you try to spin it, for once Nia got something because she was right for the job, not because they needed a black girl or someone that didn't "look" like everyone else

Like I said when I pointed out Brynn's hair colors...Maddie, Kalina and Kendall are all brunettes; so yes, to me that is a striking similarity when compared to Maddie and why I would have selected Nia, Brynn and Maddie over any other combination. I realize that you think I meant ethnic diversity, but I actually didn't.

As for Nia getting this part, I'd say she or Kalani deserve a spot in 17 for demographic reasons over all of the rest.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

Latest posts

Back