All-Star The Golden Oldies... The Old Cheer Trends.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm getting a hilarious mental picture of you kicking something over and breaking it haha.
Lol my dogs were laying in the way and I was trying not to make noise so they wouldn't get up and bark. So it was a janky cartwheel and the world's ugliest splits. Fortunately I didn't break anything in the room hahah

alot of teams in sweden actually still stunt on the wrong leg but they are starting to change now. its a long process though.

I'm relatively new to cheer, is it the wrong leg because it's 'old' or is there an actual reason it shouldn't be done? Thanks :)

Eta: obviously in pyramids etc to be symmetrical flyers stunt on the left or right leg, but usually not through the whole routine.... I think I may be making no sense, tell me to shut up if this is the case!!

I'm relatively new to cheer, is it the wrong leg because it's 'old' or is there an actual reason it shouldn't be done? Thanks :)

Eta: obviously in pyramids etc to be symmetrical flyers stunt on the left or right leg, but usually not through the whole routine.... I think I may be making no sense, tell me to shut up if this is the case!!
I don't think there's an actual reason that flying was switched to the other leg. I just this year realized it was different because my coach said the flyers need to work on hyper extending their scorps/stretches on their left leg. When I first started cheering and was a flyer we always pulled our right leg so I think it's weird

I cheered in the 80's (college) and we flew on the right leg, which makes ME wonder when it was switched to the left (before it switched back to the right)?

Last edited:

I think it mainly changed because of coed stunting, being that most guys are right handed and that is the stronger arm making it easier to base single legged stunts on the right leg (I've never single based someone, so I don't know if that is accurate, it's just what I have heard previously). I think everyone then just followed that for all stunting.

Back