All-Star The Golden Oldies... The Old Cheer Trends.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's my list:
Kaepas with snap in plastic colors
Those asics(with shaved heels)
Embroidery...so much embroidery
Double 9s were legit.
Ankle socks. Not folded though
Phony ponys. All the phony ponys.
No mats, just floor.
Recording your music mix on tape
This cdt poly shorts (and skorts)
Snap crotches
Fly away skirts, because every girl should wear the equivalent of a belt made of neckties in public.

Your coach just casually making your music, not paying 500+ dollars for some elaborate custom thing.
Extreme facials i.e. choreographed winking, kiss blowing, hair fluffing/flipping, brushing off your shoulders etc..
Also slap clapping before doing literally anything in a routine, stunts, tumble pass, anything

Your coach just casually making your music, not paying 500+ dollars for some elaborate custom thing.
Extreme facials i.e. choreographed winking, kiss blowing, hair fluffing/flipping, brushing off your shoulders etc..
Also slap clapping before doing literally anything in a routine, stunts, tumble pass, anything
Headache inducing mixes.

We heard the lion roar 50 times, I think we get the message. :rolleyes:

1qiaed.jpg

God bless private schools. If the skirt didn't match the top, too bad.

did anyone else ever do "penny" jumps? i luckily missed that generation of cheerleading, but my mom insists that those jumps are the cause of her current hip problems. were they a thing anywhere else?

What's a penny jump?

Ahh I remember wiglets...and the one for bunches (I heard them nicknamed "piglet wiglets"). My squad at the time CLAMOURED for them...I said no...and I love embarrassing them about it now :D

CK x

38288_424769403928_1973080_n.jpg

cheer curls, ribbons, those shoes with the blue polkadots that i thought were the best things in the world, AND megaphone socks.... also, i'm almost 99% sure that my bloomers had a paw print on the butt. AND REDICULOUS FACIALS WERE A THING
You were so cute!

And @njallday are you talking about double niners...with both legs bent in towards the body?

38288_424769403928_1973080_n.jpg

cheer curls, ribbons, those shoes with the blue polkadots that i thought were the best things in the world, AND megaphone socks.... also, i'm almost 99% sure that my bloomers had a paw print on the butt. AND REDICULOUS FACIALS WERE A THING
You were adorable....and you look terrified!

Back