All-Star The Golden Oldies... The Old Cheer Trends.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

nope. i've never called a double nine anything but that. the "penny" was a toe touch that never brought its legs back together and landed on the (hard) ground in a split.
Weird. I did something similar to that during the 2011-2012 season.

Ohh, that "penny" description just reminded me of Around the World jumps, which were a pike to tow touch (1 jump). Basically, you started as a pike but swung your legs out to end in a toe touch before landing. They were listed as an elite jump, and usually the 1 guy on the team did them, since none of us girls had nice enough jumps. They were quite pretty though when done well.

nope. i've never called a double nine anything but that. the "penny" was a toe touch that never brought its legs back together and landed on the (hard) ground in a split.
I'm hoping it didn't land in middle split...ouch.

I'm hoping it didn't land in middle split...ouch.

I used to do that jump, toetouch to a middle split, on the grass.

We also did a cartwheel thing that ended in a side split or a middle split. You put one foot on the ground and kind of just fell inte the split from there...
Thankfully, i'm older and wiser now!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We also did a cartwheel thing that ended in a side split or a middle split. You put one foot on the ground and kind of just fell inte the split from there...

Lol just got up from my computer and attempted that cartwheel thing

Does anyone remember when flyers stunted on their left leg instead of their right? Or when they gave actually letterman leather jackets if you won nationals( which was like worlds to us)

I used to do cartwheel bwo to splits all the time just for fun and I can't imaging doing one today like ouch

Back