All-Star The Golden Oldies... The Old Cheer Trends.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The long sleeve body liners kinda have a purpose in HS cheer. It's for when we have games in September (70 degrees) and games in November (40 degrees) and you can wear the body liner as an extra layer for warmth.

But the fly away skirts such an oldie

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My senior year of high school (in Maine) was so cold we only wore skirts for two or three games. Pants, snap leotard with long sleeves, shell, jacket, earmuffs, mittens/gloves, and a sweatshirt was the only way to go.

what?! you had soffes? but you're older than me :p why was i the only one tortured with the Varsity polyester custom shorts?!
I had a pair of them!! Those things were terrible. A few weeks ago I found them at my parents house and got the bright idea to try them on for laughs. Terrrrrrrrrrrible decision!

I had a pair of them!! Those things were terrible. A few weeks ago I found them at my parents house and got the bright idea to try them on for laughs. Terrrrrrrrrrrible decision!

omg. ugh. they had no give. what.so.ever. and ours were extra fancy with metallic stripes... which scratched your thighs like crazy because the striping was like continued underneath the shorts? i don't even know. i'm pretty sure i still have numerous pairs somewhere. or my mom threw them out when i wasn't looking.

omg. ugh. they had no give. what.so.ever. and ours were extra fancy with metallic stripes... which scratched your thighs like crazy because the striping was like continued underneath the shorts? i don't even know. i'm pretty sure i still have numerous pairs somewhere. or my mom threw them out when i wasn't looking.
I had both of those...they where so irritating!

what?! you had soffes? but you're older than me :p why was i the only one tortured with the Varsity polyester custom shorts?!

We had them too!! I had a love hate relationship with them. I hated how they fit and felt, but the nerdy cheerleader in me always felt like I was so cool wearing them because they were so similar to the staff outfits!

Our 3rd grade cheerleaders still have this skirt. Le sigh...
I, as an incoming senior in HS, still have that skirt :(

My cp had it too in high school (2011). They just changed them this year. So. Much. Fabric. I swear they were able to fit like a million pleats.

What's even funnier is that the girls bought their uniforms new every year. So the coach was CHOOSING those skirts - it wasn't even a budget thing, because we paid $270 for her uniform pack. Just...no. What company is even still making that skirt?

(Side note: @jacqui_perez my cp's name is jacqui too, spelled the same.:) )

doing a cheer in the middle of the routine. the music was turned off and we started cheering , it was weird
UCA high schools still do this. South Carolina high school just got rid of this last season. When the right teams kept the energy high and made it work it was cool. The routine had a 2:30 limit and only 1:30 could be music, so most had 1 minute.

UCA high schools still do this. South Carolina high school just got rid of this last season. When the right teams kept the energy high and made it work it was cool. The routine had a 2:30 limit and only 1:30 could be music, so most had 1 minute.

here it was just painful to watch, some teams cheered to background music that was a little better but most Teams made me fall asleep and the Team i was on was just not good at doing it lol

here it was just painful to watch, some teams cheered to background music that was a little better but most Teams made me fall asleep and the Team i was on was just not good at doing it lol
The hardest part for me was just getting the words out. I have asthma as it was hard enough for me to breathe in the middle of the routine, let alone communicate haha

The hardest part for me was just getting the words out. I have asthma as it was hard enough for me to breathe in the middle of the routine, let alone communicate haha

i also think it makes a difference if you are used to cheering at games , over here we don't really do that a whole lot so cheering was always a little awkward and didn't make a lot of sense haha

Back