All-Star The Golden Oldies... The Old Cheer Trends.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My cp had it too in high school (2011). They just changed them this year. So. Much. Fabric. I swear they were able to fit like a million pleats.

What's even funnier is that the girls bought their uniforms new every year. So the coach was CHOOSING those skirts - it wasn't even a budget thing, because we paid $270 for her uniform pack. Just...no. What company is even still making that skirt?

(Side note: @jacqui_perez my cp's name is jacqui too, spelled the same.:) )

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
We buy our uniforms too, so it's definitely our coach's choice to keep them. She loves them for some reason. We go through Broadway/Albion for uniforms.
And that's so cool! I've never met anyone who spells it the same way as me before :)

Glitter hairspray...that you sprayed on your uniform because rhinestones and sequins weren't a thing yet.

Power cheer shoes (still my favorite pair of cheer shoes I ever owned)

1 piece bodysuits that buttoned in the worst place imaginable!

Anyone remember wearing reebok high tops instead of actual cheer shoes? And alwaysssss getting Nair as a competitor gift in a drawstring bag lol or over the shoulder backpack.

the Providence College cheerleaders wore Reebok high tops during the 2009-2010 season. bad times.

T-shirts and soffees as practice clothes. Occasionally a racer-back tank. I would have laughed in my coaches face if they told me my practice wear was a one shoulder/halter top sublimated, blinged out sports bra and matching booty shorts.
Seriously though. I still have some old pairs of soffees and didn't think that was weird until I looked around the gym last night with 4 teams practicing and couldn't spot one pair of soffees. And there were only a few tshirts on.

These bows.
51ptJaO3YFL._SY450_.jpg

T-shirts and soffees as practice clothes. Occasionally a racer-back tank. I would have laughed in my coaches face if they told me my practice wear was a one shoulder/halter top sublimated, blinged out sports bra and matching booty shorts.
...That's standard practice wear in school cheer.

...That's standard practice wear in school cheer.

ehh not really. i noticed this year the high school i graduated from had custom varsity practice wear that was the varsity version of nike tempo running shorts and a fitted, sports bra type- racerback tank to match. it seems most teams in the area do the same. so they're even gone from high school.

ehh not really. i noticed this year the high school i graduated from had custom varsity practice wear that was the varsity version of nike tempo running shorts and a fitted, sports bra type- racerback tank to match. it seems most teams in the area do the same. so they're even gone from high school.
Yep, our practice wear last year didn't include soffees (THANK THE LORD) and had one tshirt, the other outfit was a tank (shorts were running shorts and spandex). This year we have 2 loose tanks and spandex with both. I like the change bc I've always hated wearing tshirts to cheer. Way too hot! Tank tops all the way!

Back