The Majors 2016 Reveal

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you knew her it would make perfect sense. Lol. I agree posting in the heat of the moment at NCA wasn't her best move. She's definitely passionate about her views and kids. When she gets home and has a chance to think it through she comes up with another reason a break might be a good thing. After the season ends and she's considering where to compete this year she might think of some other reasons a break is good. All of those reasons are still valid, no matter when she thought of them. All of us make life decisions based on our experiences, I don't see this as any different.

To me it's like taking a break from your boyfriend or best friend to figure out if the relationship you have is still good for you at this point in your life. Only time will tell.

What do you mean by "break"? Like a break from NCA?

I don't really care or have a problem with CEA not going to NCA, but I don't think for a second her decision has anything to do with trying to save parents money if that is literally the only travel competition they've cut out this year (is it? I'm speculating, I don't know CEA's schedule). But you know her better than I do.

I could easily be wrong on the stay to play. I searched, it looks like Majors isn't stay to play. I know the All Star Games isn't stay to play.

What do you mean by "break"? Like a break from NCA?

I don't really care or have a problem with CEA not going to NCA, but I don't think for a second her decision has anything to do with trying to save parents money if that is literally the only travel competition they've cut out this year (is it? I'm speculating, I don't know CEA's schedule). But you know her better than I do.

Because the only 2 "flight" destinations were Dallas and LAX. CL is in DC this year. That only left NCA.

I believe there are multiple reasons we aren't doing NCA and $$ was a real reason. Again, this is just my opinion having heard her speak on the issue. I don't expect anybody else to understand or even care. Lmao. All I can do is share my personal experience.

I personally don't see the big deal with a owner making the decision to not attend a comp if their teams don't place well repeatedly.
I don't know CSP motive for not attending NCA but at the end of the day to me it doesn't really matter...
On another note, I wouldn't want to drive to a comp farther than 6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally don't see the big deal with a owner making the decision to not attend a comp if their teams don't place well repeatedly.
I don't know CSP motive for not attending NCA but at the end of the day to me it doesn't really matter...
On another note, I wouldn't want to drive to a comp farther than 6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a big deal. Which is why she shouldn't have needed to make that decision under the pretext of "we're not flying anywhere this year."

And, maybe I'm fighting the wrong battle here. Lmao. I feel like y'all aren't really concerned about an 8 hour drive as much as her reasons for not doing NCA.

Someone help me.....I can't keep posting about what's within driving distance of that's not your issue. If you think she's full of it say that, so I feel like I'm defending the right things.

No, I'm really only curious about the driving distance thing. It does seem as though I'm alone though - most do seem to be concerned with NCA only. I don't actually care if y'all go to NCA or not, and I agree with others that have said there's nothing wrong with her choosing not to go to a competition that she doesn't feel suits her.

It's genuinely weird to me that she made this statement about driving distances, because I obviously just view it differently. If she truly was trying to save people money and time out if school, I don't see how an 8-12 hour drive is better than a flight. I can't imagine driving that far for a 2 day competition and thinking it was cost effective (and my child would miss MORE school, not less). If the argument is that it's for families to not miss school or use vacation time... I just don't see how driving 10 hours helps that.

Maybe it's because I do not drive anywhere if I can avoid it (even to work), so I'm baffled as to how someone can think a 10 hour drive to indy is more reasonable than a 3 hour flight to Dallas. We had families that drove to Myrtle Beach this week (from Chicago), and I flew. Every one of them said it turned out to be more expensive than flying, and a huge waste of time that could have been spent already on the beach. (*I get that your families still have the option of flying - my issue is that it's being presented as a money/time saver, when it isn't)

Truthfully it's the hotels that kill me with cheer. Getting there is nothing compared to the cost of actually being there. So I guess I'm just not sure what her goal is, because I don't see this saving anyone money, vacation time, or school days.

And I agree with @crazzyeyesassypants I really have no idea why she had to announce it to anyone besides the people actually at CEA. For those of you complaining that we discuss what she does too much, tell her stop tweeting about it. If she'd have just told her athletes and families, we wouldn't be discussing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Assume an 8 hour trip. My CP and I are going to pay an average of $500 for 2 airline tickets (I have found flight prices have been very high lately), $50-$75 parking, and $100 for airport transfer to hotel/rental car. I am going to drive an hour to the airport, get to the airport 2 hours before my flight, spend 2.5 hours in the air, and another hour to get through baggage claim (even if I don't check a bag), get the rental car or airport shuttle and travel to hotel. I have a small SUV (so not a gas guzzler and average on gas). If my car averages 20 mpg and it is 1,000 miles round trip, it is going to cost me less than $200 to travel to the competition and back and add about 1.5 hours commute time each way.
Either way I leave on Friday and come home on Sunday. I save a ton of money, and my CP does not miss an extra day of school.

Assume an 8 hour trip. My CP and I are going to pay an average of $500 for 2 airline tickets (I have found flight prices have been very high lately), $50-$75 parking, and $100 for airport transfer to hotel/rental car. I am going to drive an hour to the airport, get to the airport 2 hours before my flight, spend 2.5 hours in the air, and another hour to get through baggage claim (even if I don't check a bag), get the rental car or airport shuttle and travel to hotel. I have a small SUV (so not a gas guzzler and average on gas). If my car averages 20 mpg and it is 1,000 miles round trip, it is going to cost me less than $200 to travel to the competition and back and add about 1.5 hours commute time each way.
Either way I leave on Friday and come home on Sunday. I save a ton of money, and my CP does not miss an extra day of school.
If you're spending 2.5 hours in the air, it's a whole lot further than 1000 miles round trip (flying 500 miles is about an hour). More like 1000 miles one way. (and I don't know why you're spending an hour to get through baggage claim if you don't have bags - you're from the north, you gotta push those people out of your way! I've never been in an airport for more than 10 minutes after getting off the plane if I didn't check a bag).

If you're driving 1000 miles each way, you'd have to stop and eat, and probably stop and sleep somewhere. That jacks up your cost quite a but. I hardly think anyone would drive a thousand miles without spending on anything besides gas. If you're only going 500 miles each way, the flight would not be $500, and it would not be 2.5 hours.

Lol maybe I just need to teach a class in quick travel. We landed in Myrtle Beach at 1:45pm. Got bags (we did check them), picked up rental car, stopped at grocery store, checked into hotel, and were in the pool before 3pm. I don't play around with airports.

Left our house at 5am Friday, pool at 3pm Friday. The people that drove were also in the pool at 3pm...on SATURDAY.

No, I'm really only curious about the driving distance thing. It does seem as though I'm alone though - most do seem to be concerned with NCA only. I don't actually care if y'all go to NCA or not, and I agree with others that have said there's nothing wrong with her choosing not to go to a competition that she doesn't feel suits her.

It's genuinely weird to me that she made this statement about driving distances, because I obviously just view it differently. If she truly was trying to save people money and time out if school, I don't see how an 8-12 hour drive is better than a flight. I can't imagine driving that far for a 2 day competition and thinking it was cost effective (and my child would miss MORE school, not less). If the argument is that it's for families to not miss school or use vacation time... I just don't see how driving 10 hours helps that.

Maybe it's because I do not drive anywhere if I can avoid it (even to work), so I'm baffled as to how someone can think a 10 hour drive to indy is more reasonable than a 3 hour flight to Dallas. We had families that drove to Myrtle Beach this week (from Chicago), and I flew. Every one of them said it turned out to be more expensive than flying, and a huge waste of time that could have been spent already on the beach. (*I get that your families still have the option of flying - my issue is that it's being presented as a money/time saver, when it isn't)

Truthfully it's the hotels that kill me with cheer. Getting there is nothing compared to the cost of actually being there. So I guess I'm just not sure what her goal is, because I don't see this saving anyone money, vacation time, or school days.

And I agree with @crazzyeyesassypants I really have no idea why she had to announce it to anyone besides the people actually at CEA. For those of you complaining that we discuss what she does too much, tell her stop tweeting about it. If she'd have just told her athletes and families, we wouldn't be discussing it.

Agreed, I am more concerned with her theory that driving 8-10 hours to competitions is any better than flying to comps. I could care less if CEA goes to NCA. Despite the timing of her announcement, I believe she listed money and missing school as her decision to do this? Someone correct me if that is wrong. I just don't see how driving that much in one season, assuming they do all normal comps they usually do except Dallas, is alleviating any stress other than monetary stress.

I've learned from this thread is Ms.T must be Supermom if she really drives to all their comps. But I don't think every parent wants to take on that challenge so csp isn't really helping the parents or athletes as much as she's making it sound she is if all she's cutting off is NCA.

Agreed, I am more concerned with her theory that driving 8-10 hours to competitions is any better than flying to comps. I could care less if CEA goes to NCA. Despite the timing of her announcement, I believe she listed money and missing school as her decision to do this? Someone correct me if that is wrong. I just don't see how driving that much in one season, assuming they do all normal comps they usually do except Dallas, is alleviating any stress other than monetary stress.

I've learned from this thread is Ms.T must be Supermom if she really drives to all their comps. But I don't think every parent wants to take on that challenge so csp isn't really helping the parents or athletes as much as she's making it sound she is if all she's cutting off is NCA.

Eh, if nothing else, driving gives you flexibility. If you're willing to drive overnight and let CP go to sleep, then he/she doesn't need to miss school on Monday. When you don't know the comp schedule or when awards will be, you can't book a flight home Sunday night. But there are concessions the other way around too - you could probably book a flight for Friday evening to the comp, but you might not want to commit to a 10 hour drive after the school day because that means CP is spending the night before competing sleeping in the car.

I think that driving is definitely cheaper, especially if you do a carpool, but you have to decide what the time is worth to you. Limiting your gym to competitions that are within an 8-10 hour drive gives parents more options. I don't think it will save them time AND money, but it will save them one or the other. For flying to take significantly less time, you're hoping for a direct flight, and not every city is hub (direct flights from Boston are usually super expensive, for example). Charlotte is a major hub though I think, so that might not be as much of an issue in NC.

I still think though that she's just cutting out NCA and using that as an excuse.

Last edited:

I'm not a super mom by any stretch of the imagination. And, I really drove everywhere except Dallas and LAX. People on this board can vouch for that. I shared driving duties with hubby to Louisville and Indy (8 and 9 hours), drove to Cheersport (6 hours) and didn't stay downtown so dealt with driving in from hotel and parking everyday and drove home. I drove through the night to UCA (I'm a night owl) and she was picking up her Disney pass by 8 am Friday morning. She competed all weekend and I left at 3 am to head to home. THAT was my only mistake. I can't do 2 middle of the night driving runs in the same weekend anymore. Lmao. I'm older now (like I have 2 grandkids old) and it was a struggle home. So, this year I'll take my middle daughter and we'll share the driving. Lmao Drove to worlds with hubby!! 9/10 hours.

I also want to say, gas prices were down for a lot of the season so that definitely helped.

Edited to add, I watched flight prices all season as well because it interest's me, and airline ticket prices were very high this year. Even from Charlotte or Raleigh. (It's usually expensive to fly out of Greensboro because it's not a hub anywhere. When we fly we drive to one of the other airports)

If you're spending 2.5 hours in the air, it's a whole lot further than 1000 miles round trip (flying 500 miles is about an hour). More like 1000 miles one way. (and I don't know why you're spending an hour to get through baggage claim if you don't have bags - you're from the north, you gotta push those people out of your way! I've never been in an airport for more than 10 minutes after getting off the plane if I didn't check a bag).

If you're driving 1000 miles each way, you'd have to stop and eat, and probably stop and sleep somewhere. That jacks up your cost quite a but. I hardly think anyone would drive a thousand miles without spending on anything besides gas. If you're only going 500 miles each way, the flight would not be $500, and it would not be 2.5 hours.

Lol maybe I just need to teach a class in quick travel. We landed in Myrtle Beach at 1:45pm. Got bags (we did check them), picked up rental car, stopped at grocery store, checked into hotel, and were in the pool before 3pm. I don't play around with airports.

Left our house at 5am Friday, pool at 3pm Friday. The people that drove were also in the pool at 3pm...on SATURDAY.

Chicago to Myrtle Beach is a 14 hour drive according to google maps, so that's not the best comparison. I agree that I wouldn't really call a competition a 14 hour drive away drivable.

Kernersville to Indy is an 8 hour drive, almost half as long, and if there's no direct flights it's not going to save *that* much time. Though it will definitely save money.

Latest posts

Back