All-Star The Stunt Double

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

400 dollars is not doable. thats a month of cheer in california. i do not understand the price justification when it is made out of 30 dollars of materials at retail. because you dont think you will sell that many is not a reason to jack the price up on people its a reason to get into another type of business. other cost effective methods reaching the same thing which SHOULD have dictated the price: cable machine at la fitness, 30 dollars a month. a pack of debbie love rubber bands tied together and your own shoe, 10 dollars plus shipping. stunting with your friends as much as you want, free. i am glad he put himself out there to make and do something newish, but when we inflate price for the sake of inflating price we eventually pop that bubble.

Looks like a sling shot to the face waiting to happen. Not worth $400 dollars in my opinion.
That's all I'm sayin'. I love innovation and anything to help technique is awesome but the price is a major turn off. I think the stunt stand is somewhat successful because every little girl that dreams of flying can go buy it and practice every famous point flyer sequence to her hearts content. I don't see the same clamor happening for this.

i could maybe understand this for a GYM use. I know my old gym had flyer/base class, and the flyers practiced on the beam and stunt stands (not the "real" stunt stand), and It could be used to teach bases what theyre doing, BUT i mean i was thrown in as an alternate for a level 4 team JUST in case a base couldn't prefrom, and i had to learn a 1 1/2 up, and a shoe and a coach taught me just fine. Idk, its a cool idea, and would be something nice to have if it were only like $75...

I have actually had this idea before (not claiming first or it is easy, but tried to figure out a device to help bases like we have stunt stands). Basically it is a balanced weight on a foot and you have to learn how to hold the weight correctly and balance while pushing.
We always used shoes duct taped to basketballs to give it a bit of weight and a need for balance. Always worked decently for coed hand skills

400 dollars is not doable. thats a month of cheer in california. i do not understand the price justification when it is made out of 30 dollars of materials at retail. because you dont think you will sell that many is not a reason to jack the price up on people its a reason to get into another type of business. other cost effective methods reaching the same thing which SHOULD have dictated the price: cable machine at la fitness, 30 dollars a month. a pack of debbie love rubber bands tied together and your own shoe, 10 dollars plus shipping. stunting with your friends as much as you want, free. i am glad he put himself out there to make and do something newish, but when we inflate price for the sake of inflating price we eventually pop that bubble.
How can a month of cheer cost that much? If we're going to grow as an industry, we have to reevaluate the pricing of products and services.

How can a month of cheer cost that much? If we're going to grow as an industry, we have to reevaluate the pricing of products and services.

It can cost that much to run a facility and have coaches who make this their full time job. It doesn't cost that much in rec cheer and you see the quality difference.

Back