All-Star The Summit-bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there anything on the Summit and crossovers? Is there anything to prevent an athlete from competing at Worlds then the summit?
We had questioned this from the time The Summit was unveiled. Someone did bring up the point of athletes who compete on both junior level and Worlds teams and that it wouldn't be fair to keep them from competing but only on their junior team. My feeling was and still is that if an athlete competed on a level 5 team that was vying for a Worlds bid all season - even if that team did not get a bid - they should not be allowed to compete at The Summit as a substitute.

I agree that there needs to be some sort of restriction....the good thing is I can't see any gym giving a team the joy of getting a Summit bid and then taking those kids off the team to replace them with higher level cheerleaders for the Summit. So unless a team just ADDS particpants I don't think that a team will stack for the Summit unless the team was already stacked to begin with- which I did see with a few teams at Cheersport...

We had questioned this from the time The Summit was unveiled. Someone did bring up the point of athletes who compete on both junior level and Worlds teams and that it wouldn't be fair to keep them from competing but only on their junior team. My feeling was and still is that if an athlete competed on a level 5 team that was vying for a Worlds bid all season - even if that team did not get a bid - they should not be allowed to compete at The Summit as a substitute.
Ok I was just checking. IMO I personally don't think any crossovers should be allowed nor do I think anyone on a Worlds team should be allowed to compete at the Summit but if there is no rule stoping this let the stacked or sandbagging begin. What a shame, I was hopeing the Summit would be a showcase of levels 1-res5 now it's just gonna be stack and win, shame.

We (Vizion Allstars) took our 3 teams to Athletic Championship in Ohio the first weekend in February. Our Lrg Sr restricted 5, small 4.2 and lrg j2! They were only giving out 3 paid bids, the only way we were going is if we got paid bids! All 3 of our teams got the 3 paid bids!!! It was awesome! We weren't going to this competition just for the summit, we went the year before and really liked it.

-They summit bid winner list is incorrect in many areas- we are lrg junior 2, not lrg junior 3. Also, they list says teams have paid when they have at-large...

Adding to crossovers- Our gym has a little over 60 kids who compete on our national/travel team. We have three teams, two large teams and one small. The only was we can get by is with crossovers, I mean number wise. At our gym, you can have a crossover who only has level 2/3 tumbling but on a level 5 team because they can stunt their butt off- I do not see the problem with that. Our crossover that cross from 5 to another team do not all have actual level 5 skills. Only about a few of them do that cross. We are not trying to sandbag, or anything at alll because some people who are even on our level 5 dont even tumble on our 4.2!

When it comes to crossovers I feel like every gym has their own justification as to why using the number of crossovers they use is appropriate. I don't know what it should or shouldn't be, just saying regardless of if you say "No crossovers" or "My gym needs them but only x,y,z" every gym/program has their own justification. I appreciate NCA limiting to within level. I also appreciate the WORLD Championship eliminating them all together. I personally feel that the Summit is supposed to be the best of each level. If that means you only bring one team, you only bring one team. If you can't bc of crossovers that are on a World's team then you can't go. This is my opinion, love it or hate it.

When it comes to crossovers I feel like every gym has their own justification as to why using the number of crossovers they use is appropriate. I don't know what it should or shouldn't be, just saying regardless of if you say "No crossovers" or "My gym needs them but only x,y,z" every gym/program has their own justification. I appreciate NCA limiting to within level. I also appreciate the WORLD Championship eliminating them all together. I personally feel that the Summit is supposed to be the best of each level. If that means you only bring one team, you only bring one team. If you can't bc of crossovers that are on a World's team then you can't go. This is my opinion, love it or hate it.

When you if its suppose to be the best of each level, isnt it still if you do have 4 or 5 crossovers? I mean 4 or 5 kids who are maybe a level ahead in tumbling are not going to make you win? Do you understand what im trying to get at?

When you if its suppose to be the best of each level, isnt it still if you do have 4 or 5 crossovers? I mean 4 or 5 kids who are maybe a level ahead in tumbling are not going to make you win? Do you understand what im trying to get at?
I'm probably the wrong person to ask, I wish crossovers didn't exist. However, since you ask, I'll respond. There is so much that goes in to competing at a higher level, not just tumbling. I do feel that if any kid competes on a level 4 team their experience on that team will help them significantly on a level 3 team (jumps, stunts, tumbling, baskets etc.) If crossovers were not allowed at the Summit and your gym could only take one team, which would they take? Or what would they do?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, I wish crossovers didn't exist. However, since you ask, I'll respond. There is so much that goes in to competing at a higher level, not just tumbling. I do feel that if any kid competes on a level 4 team their experience on that team will help them significantly on a level 3 team (jumps, stunts, tumbling, baskets etc.) If crossovers were not allowed at the Summit and your gym could only take one team, which would they take? Or what would they do?
I understand what you mean! If that was the case, I think my gym would take the best team that had a chance! Or none at all,because if all teams got bids (which they did) and all worked so hard to get there, it would be unfair!

Let me add, my personal opinion of crossovers does not mean that my gym does not have crossovers. I'm not sure how many we have gym wide but we do use a few (supporting my statement that every program can justify it within their own organization). I just personally wish that nationwide there was a rule that every EP HAD to follow. Honestly I don't care what it is, just wish there was one. I still stand behind that I feel ZERO crossover should be allowed at Worlds or Summit.

My team has crossover/s, however they have been on the team roster since day 1. As long as your not a level 5 crossing down to level 3 or level 2.. I really dont see the difference.. im a level 4 and I can do a level 4 specialty pass , or standing tuck as well as any level 5 kid, my layouts dont look any different than any level 5 kid that has to do a layout. When teams are put together right you shouldnt be able to tell or see any difference in skill. skipping a few levels with crossovers would concern me

My team has crossover/s, however they have been on the team roster since day 1. As long as your not a level 5 crossing down to level 3 or level 2.. I really dont see the difference.. im a level 4 and I can do a level 4 specialty pass , or standing tuck as well as any level 5 kid, my layouts dont look any different than any level 5 kid that has to do a layout. When teams are put together right you shouldnt be able to tell or see any difference in skill. skipping a few levels with crossovers would concern me

Lets say a level 5 kid crossovers down to a 2 or 3 but dont even have level 2 or 3 skills? I mean one base who is on a level 5 and also on a level 2 wont make a huge differnce!

Lets say a level 5 kid crossovers down to a 2 or 3 but dont even have level 2 or 3 skills? I mean one base who is on a level 5 and also on a level 2 wont make a huge differnce!
no one in my oppinion should have a true level 5 kid on a level 2 team unless something major happened to an athlete and they needed someone last minute to fill in. Level 5 to a level two is ridiculous to me..again only my opinion

no one in my oppinion should have a true level 5 kid on a level 2 team unless something major happened to an athlete and they needed someone last minute to fill in. Level 5 to a level two is ridiculous to me..again only my opinion

Right! When you mean true level 5..you mean they are a level 5 athlete with level 5 skills! Which makes sense! But if you tumble level 2...and your on a level 5?

Back