All-Star The Us Finals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Which one will you be attending?

• Total voters
Hoping the girl from Fame Vixens is okay and way to come back with a fill in and rock it out. With exception of her standing on the side during parts never would have known they just brought her in for the injury.

Her name is Emily. She is at the hospital now. Thanks to the quick response from the staff, Coach Melvin and one of our other moms who is also an EMT, they were able to keep her calm and have her leg supported to get her on the backboard. Coach Melvin (who's also a doctor) thinks it might have been her ACL. Thanks for the prayers everyone! I truly hope it's minor.

They had someone fill in for her to go again. They rocked out a bear flawless performance and took home the win for her :) they made hearts with their hands after every tumble pass. She was definitely there with them.
They looked great the second time around.

I'll list what I know of our program...forgive me if I miss anyone. Hopefully my other FAMEily can fill in the blanks lol..

Our beach tiny's took 1st
Small youth FAME Envy 3 took 2nd (this had to be the most fierce division there. East Coast Nitros took 1st..a very well deserved win :)..it was a nail biter
Senior Large 4.2 FAME Spotlights took first and Show Stoppers took 2nd!! (Incredible division I must say)
Senior level 5 restricted FAME Flawless took 1st!
Large Senior Level 4 FAME Vixens (after an injury and competing twice) took 1st!
Small Junior Level 3 FAME NY took 1st out of 14 teams!!! (i think it was 14...i know it was a lot of teams)

Not 100% sure of the other placements but I have to agree with one of the posters about the venue. They were very strict. There was a problem with overcrowding day 1 during awards where the fire marshall got involved. Day 2 they wouldn't allow us to line up for VIP section and we had to walk around the building outside to get to the other side of the convention center. A lot has to do with the floor plan. It narrows at the hallway between the convention halls and the ballroom where the awards were like a bottle neck...anyway. Overall, I'd say it was a great weekend.

They had someone fill in for her to go again. They rocked out a bear flawless performance and took home the win for her :) they made hearts with their hands after every tumble pass. She was definitely there with them.
Rock it out doesn't even describe the energy they put out for her, they were the TEA!! She is in our prayers and please keep us updated!!

I love those Vixens! It's been one of my favorite teams my cp has ever been on! I was so proud of them performing twice as tired and upset as they were!
On a less than positive note, the convention center in Va Beach needs to give their rude impatient people the week off When US finals comes to town next year! Please only work the patient friendly people who can handle 650 cheer teams and their parents and friends! I am an easy going person and I was even getting angry at the way they were treating us all ! I had to get my not so easy going husband out of there before he got into it with someone!

I wanted to say Kudos to the US Finals staff for handling a rather bad Saturday over-crowding situation and making needed adjustments for Sunday. I was ashamed of some of the coaches & parents of programs I saw who were screaming & even attempting to physically attack some of the staff members. I couldn't believe it. One parent had to be restrained at the score sheet table because she tried to swing at the staff member due to her children not being able to get in to watch one of their teams' (not her kids team) awards.

Although the awards ceremonies on Sunday were very lackluster, I was happy that the EP broke down the awards inside each session so the ballroom wouldn't get crowded.

I do think US Finals (from what I was hearing in passing) will lose quite a bit of business next year unless venue change is made.

I must've been in another galaxy because I def missed the over-crowding fiasco. All of our parents got to see their kids and their awards ceremony. Although now that I think about it, the Awards Ballroom was ridiculously packed......wall to wall packed.

Seems like a lot of EP need to take a look at their venues for next season and beyond. Hope this isn't becoming a trend....

I would have been ok with the over crowding. I wasn't there Saturday so I have no clue what happened but I certainly didn't appreciate being mistreated and constantly harassed on Sunday.

I don't think they need a change of venue. I think they need to bring back the DC comp and spread the teams out a little instead of giving them very little venues to choose from...it's obvious that the comp has outgrown the facility, but in this instance, it's the EP's fault for eliminating an option...

Latest posts

Back