All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love Sweet Tea. As a New Yorker, I used to only drink hot tea. But, when in the south...Bojangles has great sweet tea...

How could you guys judge anything with such a poor view of SE from this past weekend? My rachet phone won't let me embed anything, so enjoy the link:

Thanks! Squinting at the screen I really couldn't tell details. This is a great angle.....and when did SE become the land of doubles! Holy tumbling, Batman!

very great idea :) well, at this point recently for me:
1. WCSS 26 %
2. Peach 24 %
3. SE 20%
4. Panthers 15%
5. F5 10%
6. CT Love 5%

so sorry for putting panthers at fourth place BlueCat. however, this could be changed though :D

No need to apologize. If Worlds were today, I probably wouldn't put Panthers near the top either. However, Worlds is months away. IMO, we have had success in the past by structuring our teams' seasons to peak when it matters most. I wouldn't count us out yet.

right now this would be my ranking so far:
1. SE
2. WCSS
3. Panthers
4. Peach
5. F5

however i do think that F5 will add more difficulty in their routine as the season goes on, so this could all change. they just dont wow me like in previous seasons with their routine this year. I think SE by far has tons of difficulty, Also panthers routine has alot of tumbling difficulty. As far as World Cup im just in love with everything about their routine this year. i do think Peach is very good, but thier routine just doesnt do anything for me, however if the others have falls, etc. peach could easily come out on top because of their ability to hit.

to add to that, does anyone know when these teams will start competing against each other in competition? if any one has any links to this teams schedule's i would love to know.

to add to that, does anyone know when these teams will start competing against each other in competition? if any one has any links to this teams schedule's i would love to know.

I think the first will be CA/SE at the Majors. then it'll probably be (almost all of them...not sure about CT) at NCA.

ETA: that may be the only time before worlds? not sure of their actual schedules.

I mean, all of these teams are talented. It's so hard to call.
All I know is Panthers don't usually start out really strong and kill it at worlds. I thought they were actually going to win in 2009, especially when they were in first day 1 at worlds.
Panthers out of all of these teams peak at worlds. They shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

i DO think that WC can rub shoulders with SE at this point because everything in their routine just falls into the right place. but this WILL change come NCA when we'll hopefully see almost all of large senior to compete

All of this is really pointless. Every single team brings something different to the table and have their own set of strengths/weaknesses. For what one team lacks another is making up for. The last weekend in April can break an undefeated team, and make an underdog team. The field is actually level this year.I still really wish Orange would have went Large, now that would have been something. ( #F5ordie. )

i know you must refer to CT Love, but sorry to say about that my friend (and i don't mean to underestimate them) i think that is impossible to happen haha :D(since i have seen CT's love routine at wsf 2012) unless Peach,Stars,F5,Panthers,and CA completely mess up with their routine at worlds 2013. i would call it a holy miracle :D can you imagine that? :D. However, props to them for taking huge risk and being brave to face these five GIANTS in LAG division 2013 :)
Actually, what you saw, was a routine that was designed/performed at WSF based on that competition's criteria. Their goal was to get a bid and hit clean. Build confidence for the athletes so that they could add the advanced elements at the next competition, that they had already mastered. They not only hit clean, but got a full paid bid at their first competition ever. The coaches and owners know what they are doing. The end result was exactly what they were going for. You will not see that routine again. Each time you see this team, count on something different. It was very interesting that the people that doubted the team couldn't even acknowledge that they had a great first competition and congratulate them on their paid bid. But that's okay...I am sure after their next competition, those same ones will still make negative comments:D. The other teams do not need to "competely mess up their routines" for LOVE to be competitive. That being said, all of the teams in this division, have an extraordinary amount of talent. We are a looooonnnnggg way from NCA and Worlds and LOTS of things can happen:ie: injuries, athletes moving/quitting, coaches, etc, so it will be anyone's game in this division. I do know that all of these teams will give us some great performances and lots of excitement.

None of LAG are known for being clean. They have the numbers and strong performance. Execution isn't always a winning factor. Execution may be in peaches favor but the numbers aren't.
"ARE KNOWN FOR"... past tense. There are new teams in the building people.
Before... teams in this division strived to step up their tumbling to keep up with WC and F5... try to keep up with SE's pyramids and stunts, etc. etc. Now they are going to have to keep up with Peach's cleanliness and execution. There is a new team bringing something new to the division. Its something these teams aren't known for and before they would all score around the same range for execution and battle it out with other elements but now that a team in this division has set the bar high in execution they are all going to have to work for it a little harder. Just because they don't have that style that we are used to seeing in LAG doesn't mean they won't do well.

Am I the only one who feels that it is a cop out answer when people say "Cheer Athletics trains their athletes to peak when it's important?!" That sounds so odd to me. Do they just tell the kids "Well you'll look a mess early on and drop stunts but at NCA you'll be amazing?!" I'm guessing it just takes them a little bit longer to hit their stuff as opposed to a team like Orange that just comes out swinging and progressively gets better. Just my observation tho....

Edited.....please don't use that word here. MsT

Am I the only one who feels that it is a cop out answer when people say "Cheer Athletics trains their athletes to peak when it's important?!" That sounds so retarded to me. Do they just tell the kids "Well you'll look a mess early on and drop stunts but at NCA you'll be amazing?!" I'm guessing it just takes them a little bit longer to hit their stuff as opposed to a team like Orange that just comes out swinging and progressively gets better. Just my observation tho....

Considering they have the most Worlds medals by a mile and took home six in 2012 alone I'd say their strategy is pretty successful. I doubt those kids are incapable of hitting as quickly as others, rather they are being deliberately trained to work up to a certain level at the right time. Call it a cop out but it's sure working when it counts.

Considering they have the most Worlds medals by a mile and took home six in 2012 alone I'd say their strategy is pretty successful. I doubt those kids are incapable of hitting as quickly as others, rather they are being deliberately trained to work up to a certain level at the right time. Call it a cop out but it's sure working when it counts.

I'm not saying they aren't amazing because clearly they are. I mean come on they have the most worlds medals by a longgggg shot! BUT, training your athletes to peak later just sounds like an excuse because they never hit early in the season. I'm not being a hater, just voicing a clear observation from year to year.

Back