All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not being a hater, just voicing a clear observation from year to year.

I know. My post was not meant to be aggressive so I'm sorry if it came off that way. I guess I was just trying to say that although their philosophy might not be every gym's cup of tea, it has certainly worked for them.

just a observation, isn't kinda odd in F5 routine they always go into a lib prior to a tic tock? don't kill me now cause my username but I'm just wondering? cause doesn't it look kinda awqward?

Whether I like the teams or not, I can respect and understand why the top 5 teams are in the top 5. However, I think it's ludicrous that love is even being discussed as a contender in this division. What video is everyone watching that has them in the mix?!

In reference to the whole CA and peaking later... It seems to me that the athletes aren't necessarily trained to peak later, it happens naturally. I may be completely off, but CA seem to tell their teams, this is the stunt sequence... Work on it until you hit it. But when it comes down to business, you will hit it.
By the time NCA comes around and worlds occur, the athletes are fully conditioned for the routine, where as other teams start out with something that will "hit," aka CT Love, and grow and constantly add difficulty up to worlds, which is why they don't peak at NCA.

Does that make any sense at all? If not, it's okay, I've had an 8 hour choreography section today.

In reference to the whole CA and peaking later... It seems to me that the athletes aren't necessarily trained to peak later, it happens naturally. I may be completely off, but CA seem to tell their teams, this is the stunt sequence... Work on it until you hit it. But when it comes down to business, you will hit it.
By the time NCA comes around and worlds occur, the athletes are fully conditioned for the routine, where as other teams start out with something that will "hit," aka CT Love, and grow and constantly add difficulty up to worlds, which is why they don't peak at NCA.

Does that make any sense at all? If not, it's okay, I've had an 8 hour choreography section today.

I get what you mean. But there are also teams who are hitting routines just as difficult as the one you can see Panthers will have eventually, and they are doing it in November/December. Those teams won't need the gradual adding in of difficulty. I obviously don't know firsthand but my thought was just that it's highly unlikely that their athletes "can't" also hit early or that their coaches "can't" put together a hittable routine at the start of the season. Their philosophy is just different. Less emphasis on perfection every time they hit the mat and more emphasis on seeing what works and working toward their ideal routine for NCA/Worlds, i.e. working to "peak" at the right time when everyone else is performing a routine they've been doing for months.

Again, this is my speculation from videos and Fierceboard discussion. I'm no expert. Whatever is going on at CA it's definitely the right thing for them. We all know they never disappoint.

Actually, what you saw, was a routine that was designed/performed at WSF based on that competition's criteria. Their goal was to get a bid and hit clean. Build confidence for the athletes so that they could add the advanced elements at the next competition, that they had already mastered. They not only hit clean, but got a full paid bid at their first competition ever. The coaches and owners know what they are doing. The end result was exactly what they were going for. You will not see that routine again. Each time you see this team, count on something different. It was very interesting that the people that doubted the team couldn't even acknowledge that they had a great first competition and congratulate them on their paid bid. But that's okay...I am sure after their next competition, those same ones will still make negative comments:D. The other teams do not need to "competely mess up their routines" for LOVE to be competitive. That being said, all of the teams in this division, have an extraordinary amount of talent. We are a looooonnnnggg way from NCA and Worlds and LOTS of things can happen:ie: injuries, athletes moving/quitting, coaches, etc, so it will be anyone's game in this division. I do know that all of these teams will give us some great performances and lots of excitement.
Okay, i can't wait too see their real routine then, maybe CT Love can prove me wrong :D well, lesson learned: never judge the book by its cover :) will CT Love attend NCA 2013? i can't wait to see how they can compete with WCSS, F5, Panthers, Peach, SE (i hope SE attend NCA 2013) in the same arena and mat ;)

Whether I like the teams or not, I can respect and understand why the top 5 teams are in the top 5. However, I think it's ludicrous that love is even being discussed as a contender in this division. What video is everyone watching that has them in the mix?!
i also constantly ask myself about that haha :D however, never judge book by its cover :) when it comes to ct love, i just see "not so special cover from their book" for now. i'm still waiting to see their "real content"

i also constantly ask myself about that haha :D however, never judge book by its cover :) when it comes to ct love, i just see "not so special cover from their book" for now. i'm still waiting to see their "real content"
But you are still judging a book by its cover even if it is for now....

Actually, what you saw, was a routine that was designed/performed at WSF based on that competition's criteria. Their goal was to get a bid and hit clean. Build confidence for the athletes so that they could add the advanced elements at the next competition, that they had already mastered. They not only hit clean, but got a full paid bid at their first competition ever. The coaches and owners know what they are doing. The end result was exactly what they were going for. You will not see that routine again. Each time you see this team, count on something different. It was very interesting that the people that doubted the team couldn't even acknowledge that they had a great first competition and congratulate them on their paid bid. But that's okay...I am sure after their next competition, those same ones will still make negative comments:D. The other teams do not need to "competely mess up their routines" for LOVE to be competitive. That being said, all of the teams in this division, have an extraordinary amount of talent. We are a looooonnnnggg way from NCA and Worlds and LOTS of things can happen:ie: injuries, athletes moving/quitting, coaches, etc, so it will be anyone's game in this division. I do know that all of these teams will give us some great performances and lots of excitement.

I don't think anyone "didn't acknowledge" it...they got a bid, and there is no way to not acknowledge that...we don't repeatedly bring up "SO AND SO GOT THEIR BID THAT WEEKEND"...
It was a new team, so no one knew what to expect, and (I'm way too lazy right now to go find and check the thread discussing them but...) I'm pretty sure people said "wow, that exceeded my expectations of that team" (not verbatim, but that was the idea). But, when it comes down to it, number and skill wise, they aren't up with the big 4 in LAG. and that's really the only thing that was commented on.

I don't think anyone "didn't acknowledge" it...they got a bid, and there is no way to not acknowledge that...we don't repeatedly bring up "SO AND SO GOT THEIR BID THAT WEEKEND"...
It was a new team, so no one knew what to expect, and (I'm way too lazy right now to go find and check the thread discussing them but...) I'm pretty sure people said "wow, that exceeded my expectations of that team" (not verbatim, but that was the idea). But, when it comes down to it, number and skill wise, they aren't up with the big 4 in LAG. and that's really the only thing that was commented on.
the big 5. Peach are equally just as much as a contender right now, and CT are behind them even if Peach are 5th right now, which I don't think they are.

Back