All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just wondering, how would you know how stunting is taught at World Cup....?
I don't. What I'm trying to say is that it has been my observation that Stars always seem to struggle with their stunts, despite the difficulty of the actual stunt. On the other hand, teams like Senior Elite stunt in a way that looks very natural/second-nature to them. I'm assuming that this discrepancy can be attributed to differing stunting techniques and coaching methods.

I absolutely LOVE shooting stars and F5. all those standing fulls at the beginning of both of their routines just amazes me. i think that F5 and shooting stars definitely have the upper hand in tumbling in general, not just standing. I do think that wcss has some stunting issues besides the fact that they have the least flexible flyers. they dont WOW at all. i mean its not that they aren't good, they just arent stable enough to be looked at as amazing. but f5 on the other hand stunts look amazing. f5's and SE's pyramid are the best. to be completely honest SE's stunts are not even that difficult at all. if you pay close attention to gabie dinsbeer's stunts (center flyer), in the main sequence, she only tick tocks once. they have a total of 3 ticktocks in their routine when on the other hand f5 has like 6. i mean i guess it hits the score sheets and their routine is no doubt creative but i just dont like it as much as i did when i first saw it. SE is going to get killed in tumbling though and then their is peach. not a big fan. not saying they aren't good, just not good enough especially in the tumbling. Panthers wow'd me because i saw their routine first. but now im just like ehh? and their pyramid is horrible. but im usually a HUGE fan of panthers they just arent doing me justice!

1. F5 (or wcss)
2. wcss (or f5)
3. SE
4. Panthers
5. Peach

Here's my long, rambly take on each team in the division, so far. Just want to note that this is my personal opinion. You may not agree with what I have to say and I may be flat out wrong on several points, but I am perfectly okay with that and you should be too. :D

Senior Elite
The Good: If Worlds was next weekend, they'd be taking home the crown. No questions asked.
The Bad: Worlds isn't next weekend.
The Ugly: Why do I feel like I'm watching the same routine year after year?

Stingray Allstars-Peach
The Good: Definite contender in the competition. And, I don't mean being a 'contender' the way Fame or FCA has been a 'contender' in the past. I mean the 'Top Dogs' shouldn't get too comfortable medaling at Worlds.
The Bad: Clean doesn't cut it in this division.
The Ugly: Neither does difficulty. Unless you're inventing a new stunt or serving us more life than Rupaul, himself, we're not interested.

Panthers
The Good: They sure know how to hit the scoresheet and hit it good. They may not seem like a threat right this very second, but remember, a cat always lands on its feet;).
The Bad: The stunting's just not there. Yet.
The Ugly: This isn't Medium Senior, or Small for that matter. Large Senior is whole 'nother ball game. Sure they've played this game before, but it's hard to deny a two year hiatus isn't going to hurt just a little bit.

F5
The Good: Unbelievably skilled and talented. A standing full and flawless body positions aren't commonplace on this team; they're expected.
The Bad: Underwhelming choreography.
The Ugly: It seems that this year, more than ever before, they are being held to ridiculously high expectations and I would hate to see them crumble under the pressure. I hope they understand and accept the fact that people in this world will build you up just to tear you right down...don't let it phase you.

Stars
The Good: Probably the most visually entertaining routine in the division. These girls really know how to put on a show.
The Bad: It's not enough to up the difficulty in stunting. Where's the extra oomph? What makes y'all so special?
The Ugly: Their stunt sequences always look very labored and unstable and I fear that may go right down to the way stunting is taught at World Cup...

At this point, it's anyone's game and I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds!

Their "oomph" is what it always has and always will be. They are the best performers in this division, if not in any division. F5 appear to be good performers because they're ridiculous dancers and have always had amazing dances, but that doesn't make an amazing performer, and that's where Stars set themselves apart.

Their "oomph" is what it always has and always will be. They are the best performers in this division, if not in any division. F5 appear to be good performers because they're ridiculous dancers and have always had amazing dances, but that doesn't make an amazing performer, and that's where Stars set themselves apart.
Agreed. I feel like the choreography, itself, puts them at a level above the rest. For me, that's enough. But, I always feel like the rest the cheer world isn't sold. I would love to be wrong, though. ;)

i agree that shooting stars stunts dont look stable. and it is probably something done at the gym. not that they arent up to par with f5 but they dont look as good even though they may have the same level difficulty.

771C5364-17A4-4AD1-A2CC-B442EE92103B-4087-000002F1DBBE0053.jpg

#thelarge5

Weird thing I've ever seen made for this division... haha

Shooting Stars definitely get the MOST IMPROVED award from last seasons routine. I heard some thing sfrom over the summer that make it seem as if some elements of their routine will change once they start hitting so...we'll see.

I love F5 & Panthers so much I hope they both clean up over time!!
SE..idk why but I like their overall routine less and less compared to the other LAG
AND OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PEACH TAKE IT THIS YEAR!:)

With all of that being said..well, I'm not a "betting" person but if I were then right now I'm going with WCSS routine as being my un-biased overall pick..for now.

basing on the recent videos i'd say:

F5
Stars
SE
Panthers/Peach

IMO...
F5 has it but their routine still looks sloppy (because its still so early)
Stars has some cleaning to do but skill-wise, it is SO there ;)
SE...three words: tumbling. tumbling. tumbling
Panthers needs to stunt some more. that pyramid definitely WON'T cut it
Peach needs to put more difficulty overall because clean just won't do it for the judges in this division.

Back