All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You're only over this thread because people don't agree with you... Am I being catty? Probably. Do I care right now? No. Seriously, if you have a problem with stretch tik toks, you should be complaining about kick double baskets and triple-toe backs too. CEA isn't the only team that reuses successful stunt elements, and yet they get the most criticism for it.

Yes, thats exactly why I said I was over this thread & your point? I dont feel like arguing w/ a bunch of people because I'm not feeling stretch tik toks that they put in the routine every year. You are speaking in general when you say successful stunt elements. I was specifically talking about 1 thing. Doing the same stunt every year is not the same as having triple toe backs, full ups or any other successful element in a routine each year. I'm sure you guys know that.

Perhaps you should consult all the other teams who COPIED senior elite when they made the tick tock happen. Like you said, every other team in cheer does them, so why is it that your beating SE down for lack of creativity? Last time I checked they made "it" happen? All the other teams that can't come up with something of their own are the ones with the lack of creativity. And it's all about how you look at it. I view it as a signature move. No Senior Elite routine would be complete to me without strech tick tocks in some form and a pyramid at the end. It's 5 years later and there is still only one team in cheer that can consistently put more than 5 of them up in the air (and I mean REAL stretch to stretch tick tocks, none of that fake crap). So don't for a second tell me it's the easy road, because if it was then it wouldn't have put them 14 points ahead of the next best team in their division last year.

Well I think you better check your videos, because there are teams that are consistently putting up more than 5 REAL tic tocs!! Top to top tic tocs, no less! So I would suggest being a bit more educated about what all the other teams are doing, this year, before you post something like that!! Just sounds disrespectful to the teams that are doing it, consistently!!

I'm kind of over the cost of allstar cheerleading in general..., but in this economy, oy vey! :::turns pockets inside-out...two pieces of fuzz and a paper clip fall out::: LOL!!!
the economy in the north east isnt really bad at all. the north east seems to be doing much better
and i would assume whatever gym you are at has probably cut back on costs too.

You're only over this thread because people don't agree with you... Am I being catty? Probably. Do I care right now? No. Seriously, if you have a problem with stretch tik toks, you should be complaining about kick double baskets and triple-toe backs too. CEA isn't the only team that reuses successful stunt elements, and yet they get the most criticism for it.

Well I think they get the most criticism for it because, in everyone else's opinion--CEA was the GODS of the tic toc!!! Well if that was a skill they mastered a few years ago, it would make sense that progression wise- they would be further ahead at this point! However, they are still doing the same thing? Yes they do it well, and have done it well, for several years now, but come on--something's gotta give?? There has to be some variation to that element that would score just as well, if not better? Is CEA gonna be the one to take that gamble?? I think that they'll wait till someone else taps in on it, then they'll go full force!!

I'm probably going to get shanked by the Teal Army but I understand what your saying. I love me some SE but it does seem like their routine is very similiar to their routine from last season. I have to admit that the "mob" reaction that happens when someone dares utter an unkind word about SE is getting tiresome. People can like different teams for different reasons, CEA is not going to come to grinding halt because @Diamond isn't feeling their tick tocks.

I'm not part of the Teal Army and I'm not going to shank you, but they did WIN Worlds last year. Why would they change something that worked? Orange hasn't changed much from year to year either....

obviously you missed the "how much money brought to the competition" part of the scoresheet!

if you work "just as hard" and you're not winning...work harder.

so if 2 teams get the exact same scores, in everything technique, difficulty and execution, and they are tied for first and one happens to be from a BIG name gym and the other from a not as well known gym, and the head judge has to decide who gets first and who gets second. who do you think he is going to choose? the team that brought 26 others teams to the competition or the team that maybe only brought 2 other teams? no one would ever admit it but he would never want to risk losing that gym as a customer. It's sad but true that this sport is a lot about politics and money and who you know.

im over Top Gun and the New Uniforms Each Year, with Less and Less material, like really, yess we all know ya'll are phenomonal but you dont have to show us by being practically naked ! - IMO

hahahha! top gun is awesome but i completely agree. They look so much better with just their yellow and black halftops. The white spaghetti straps with the spandex are just too little.

I'm over...
1) When teams sassy voiceovers set the bar higher than the team can reach (a cocky voice over paired with a stunt fall)
2) When teams roll their eyes when you with them good luck
3) When people say cheer isn't a sport just on get on my nerves
4) When people wear their uniforms to school every time they have a competition
5) Glitter over-kill
6) I know this one was said before but seriously, "Team ABC was friends with the judges. If they wern't we would have won!"
I love this bells! SO true. I agree with everything here.

so if 2 teams get the exact same scores, in everything technique, difficulty and execution, and they are tied for first and one happens to be from a BIG name gym and the other from a not as well known gym, and the head judge has to decide who gets first and who gets second. who do you think he is going to choose? the team that brought 26 others teams to the competition or the team that maybe only brought 2 other teams? no one would ever admit it but he would never want to risk losing that gym as a customer. It's sad but true that this sport is a lot about politics and money and who you know.

wow really? you should go back to posting comments like this on youtube, truly not trying to be rude, but i hate to hear people say things like this. Im sorry your bitter about your team losing to big names, but it's like i said before, usually big names are big names for a reason. They got the title of a "big name" by being GOOD! There is NO WHERE on the judges scoresheet where they make decisions like this, if you are both tied, then you both will receive a first place tie.

wow really? you should go back to posting comments like this on youtube, truly not trying to be rude, but i hate to hear people say things like this. Im sorry your bitter about your team losing to big names, but it's like i said before, usually big names are big names for a reason. They got the title of a "big name" by being GOOD! There is NO WHERE on the judges scoresheet where they make decisions like this, if you are both tied, then you both will receive a first place tie.

i'm in no way trying to sound bitter or rude, this is just my opinion. in my opinion i don't think this happens most of the time but i wish it did. i don't think i'm bitter this is just what i think because i've been cheering for such a long time and i feel i have witnessed this happen and i don't know what your talking about saying i should go back to posting comments like this on youtube because i've never done that.

I'm completely over competition companies outrageous reg fees. I know the Family Plan kicks back to gyms, but $75 for a one-day comp with the same crappy plaque and a medal? Parents are cutting costs everywhere possible and I wish companies would trim down a little too. Cause really it would let gyms compete at more comps if the fees were more reasonable!

I'm completely over competition companies outrageous reg fees. I know the Family Plan kicks back to gyms, but $75 for a one-day comp with the same crappy plaque and a medal? Parents are cutting costs everywhere possible and I wish companies would trim down a little too. Cause really it would let gyms compete at more comps if the fees were more reasonable!

YES! We went to a one day competition this weekend that was $65, plus $10 a person to get in. Our kids won highest score of their division and what did they get? One small plaque with the company name taking up the entire thing. It was maybe 8 inches tall. I can't help but feel like someone is making tons and tons of money off of providing less and less for participants.

Back