All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know its maybe nit just this season but every bid nationslas peoople go to one person from the same team puts every level 5 team on youtube no matter if they nsaid yes or no...like permission...it was every nationals we went to this year our video ended up on youtube and it was almost the sme team member every time...honestly if your videotaping every level 5 at a comp ....its rude

I'm sooooooo over facilities that make you feel like you're in a sauna. It's March for petes sake. You dress warm to go outside, but have to strip down to a bathing suit in the competitons b/c its so darn hot.

Another thing I'm over is the garbage food they serve in the venues. Really? C'mon now. French fries, chicken fingers, burgers, hot dogs, etc. I can seriously go without eating this stuff. What happened to healthy foods? You know, salads, fruits, sandwiches... How do you expect the athletes to perform an intense 2.30 second routine with a "rock gutt". That greasy, salty food does not sit well in their stomach. So mixed with the nerves of the competition, its no wonder some athletes loose their lunch on the mat while performing.

I get it..just because a stunt LOOKS hard or easy, doesn't mean it is. I remember someone on one of the 'stunting' threads posting that doing 'fake' fullups is harder than 'real' fullups..

I, too, am sick of sloppy basket tosses. It's probably the least-perfected 'building' section..which irks me. Bent legs, bad placement, crossed legs, ick...

I get it..just because a stunt LOOKS hard or easy, doesn't mean it is. I remember someone on one of the 'stunting' threads posting that doing 'fake' fullups is harder than 'real' fullups..

I, too, am sick of sloppy basket tosses. It's probably the least-perfected 'building' section..which irks me. Bent legs, bad placement, crossed legs, ick...

I would say for the bases, fake fullup is much harder because of the whole feet moving issue. For a flyer though, a real fullup is harder because it requires more body control... imo

I'm sooooooo over facilities that make you feel like you're in a sauna. It's March for petes sake. You dress warm to go outside, but have to strip down to a bathing suit in the competitons b/c its so darn hot.

Another thing I'm over is the garbage food they serve in the venues. Really? C'mon now. French fries, chicken fingers, burgers, hot dogs, etc. I can seriously go without eating this stuff. What happened to healthy foods? You know, salads, fruits, sandwiches... How do you expect the athletes to perform an intense 2.30 second routine with a "rock gutt". That greasy, salty food does not sit well in their stomach. So mixed with the nerves of the competition, its no wonder some athletes loose their lunch on the mat while performing.

That is my biggest pet peeve.... as someone who can't really have "unhealthy" foods, it's KILLER for me at comps. Most of the time, I just pack my bag with enough food to get me through the day. I'm also not crazy about my athletes eating that crap before they perform.

i wont name names but he was placed at the far right during their jump sequence and it was soo obvious

LOL...so it was one person, one time and you're "over it" already? Maybe he was sick...or hurt...

I'm really just teasing you so don't get upset. It just struck me as funny. :D

I would say for the bases, fake fullup is much harder because of the whole feet moving issue. For a flyer though, a real fullup is harder because it requires more body control... imo

That is my biggest pet peeve.... as someone who can't really have "unhealthy" foods, it's KILLER for me at comps. Most of the time, I just pack my bag with enough food to get me through the day. I'm also not crazy about my athletes eating that crap before they perform.

Ugh! I am the same way! I can't eat that kind of junk. And we're not allowed to bring anything in?!?!? I always try to find time in the day to leave and get me and my kids at least one halfway healthy meal. It's an athletic event for God's sake! Why would a bunch of athletes who train for hours at a time for months on end want to chow down on a hot dog and fries right before they compete???

It makes me think of Toddlers & Tiaras--the way the moms on there give the kids CANDY for breakfast because it "gives them an energy boost"!:confused: Seriously? I'm thinking anytime you need to be at your best for the whole day a good breakfast would be better??? My little one eats oatmeal, banana, eggs, and cheese for breakfast on comp day. She's usually a ball of energy and not hungry for hours. I can't imagine handing her a KitKat and saying "Here's your energy breakfast! Now get out there and do your best!"

I personally LOOOOVE the food that they have at competitions. Hits all my major food groups!

Ugh! I am the same way! I can't eat that kind of junk. And we're not allowed to bring anything in?!?!? I always try to find time in the day to leave and get me and my kids at least one halfway healthy meal. It's an athletic event for God's sake! Why would a bunch of athletes who train for hours at a time for months on end want to chow down on a hot dog and fries right before they compete???

It makes me think of Toddlers & Tiaras--the way the moms on there give the kids CANDY for breakfast because it "gives them an energy boost"!:confused: Seriously? I'm thinking anytime you need to be at your best for the whole day a good breakfast would be better??? My little one eats oatmeal, banana, eggs, and cheese for breakfast on comp day. She's usually a ball of energy and not hungry for hours. I can't imagine handing her a KitKat and saying "Here's your energy breakfast! Now get out there and do your best!"
I will give a shout-out to the Hartford Convention Center (I live in CT and can't remember what it's REALLY called now lol), for having the weirdest food selections: hamburgers, hotdog, turkey lavash, pretzels, other sandwiches, and MANICOTTI..I went there for my brother's volleyball tourney and was like 'Just who do you think you are, Convention Center??! Manicotti?'

I will give a shout-out to the Hartford Convention Center (I live in CT and can't remember what it's REALLY called now lol), for having the weirdest food selections: hamburgers, hotdog, turkey lavash, pretzels, other sandwiches, and MANICOTTI..I went there for my brother's volleyball tourney and was like 'Just who do you think you are, Convention Center??! Manicotti?'

Manicotti is weird, but turkey sandwiches on Armenian flatbread is not?

Back