All-Star Things I Am Over This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

wow really? you should go back to posting comments like this on youtube, truly not trying to be rude, but i hate to hear people say things like this. Im sorry your bitter about your team losing to big names, but it's like i said before, usually big names are big names for a reason. They got the title of a "big name" by being GOOD! There is NO WHERE on the judges scoresheet where they make decisions like this, if you are both tied, then you both will receive a first place tie.
You have obviously never worked for or owned a competition company.

I think it's totally different for a Level 5 athlete to throw a BHS than a Level 2. The Level 2 athlete is still just learning and perfecting it. The Level 5 athlete can do it in their sleep, and probably do all the lower level tumbling and stunting PERFECTLY. I think you're Level 5, right? I'd be willing to bet your BHS and back tuck are a LOT more fierce than my daughter's--who is just learning them. So the team with the Level 5 crossover has a definite advantage over the team with all Level 2 athletes. I don't know if I'm explaining it right...am I making sense? :confused:

But if they have to have a crossover or 2, I get it. Just don't get all high and mighty when you win when you compete at a level 2-3 levels lower than your skill set. (collective "you", not "you" personally!)

Some crossovers get grief they dont deserve ... my daughter crossed last year from a 2 to a 5... she had to fight a bit as a level 5 flyer but for the most part held her own (still has a lot to learn and needs flight time) ... looked FABULOUS as a level 2 flyer (Flexible .. clean... toe pointed ... not needing her back to hold her up... could pull a STANDING ON HER OWN Straight up Bow, etc) ... BUT when it came to tumbling could only throw a very clean and smooth FT Walk, FT Walk, RO, BHS multiple as her most difficult pass. She tumbles comfortably at a level 2 and struggles at a level 3. Yet i heard grumbling about her crossing down. SMH ... I mean .. did you see her tumbling?? not like she was throwing fulls on the 5 and still crossing down... lol

Ok. . . This is going to be fun. . . .
1. Teams looking like a HOT MESS. . . its to late in the season for that
2. Level 6 teams that don't even have the skills
3. Level 5 team still faking triple toe back or back tucks at all your level 5 for a reason . . . Can name many of teams that do this if they don't have it pull them out to do something else
4. Stingray All-Stars Orange, Maryland marlins tsunami enough said. . .GET OVER YOURSELF : )
5. Full squad hair flips. . . REALLY your not Cali . . .
6. Gym hoppers. . . . REALY just cause that gym had one good year everyone wants to go there
7. Theatrical dances YES there cute for level 3 and lower
8. Male cheerleaders that can not dance or does not level humps and your on a level 5 or 6 team. . . Yes we can still see you in the back. . . .
I only have this one question and not being disrespectful, but WHERE else can Level 6 teams go?? There is no other division to put them in...so, yep, you will definitely have level 6 teams without the skill. I know this is your pet peeve. I am just pointing the issue of level 6 out. ;)

Im over hearing about how awful Level 6 teams are. Our level 6 team does not have 20 fulls. 20 triple toe tucks. 20 specialty passes. Etc. If there was a level 6.3 division I would certainly put my level 6 in that division. We are a pyramid team. Its what we like to do because its what we hit. All of our guys came into this with no cheering experience so I am delighted when they learn to "flip like a ninja." They love it when they hit a solid one man. A lot of our girls came from cheering for high school teams or rec teams. They are 20 to 27 years old who just want to cheer. Our routine may not be jam packed with top gun skills, but we hit the skills we know will work for us. That in itself is amazing when all of the members of our squad are working or going to school full time. I say, cut Level 6 some slack. Not all will be Stingrays Rust or Gym Tyme Sherbert, but they try their darndest and deserve a little respect.

people "faking" stunts. facing the back step step 3 quarter turn with your group turning with you and calling it a full up is wrong. it probably would've just been easier to work the actual full up.. but i mean whatever floats ya boat

So am I....just a big whine fest! Some people just need to put on their big boy/girl pants and get over it!

pullandpray23 said:
3. People who only concern themselves with worlds...seriously have you ever just been...its not all that great

Really? This is my second year "just going" and I think it's absolutely great. Agree to disagree, I guess

Some crossovers get grief they dont deserve ... my daughter crossed last year from a 2 to a 5... she had to fight a bit as a level 5 flyer but for the most part held her own (still has a lot to learn and needs flight time) ... looked FABULOUS as a level 2 flyer (Flexible .. clean... toe pointed ... not needing her back to hold her up... could pull a STANDING ON HER OWN Straight up Bow, etc) ... BUT when it came to tumbling could only throw a very clean and smooth FT Walk, FT Walk, RO, BHS multiple as her most difficult pass. She tumbles comfortably at a level 2 and struggles at a level 3. Yet i heard grumbling about her crossing down. SMH ... I mean .. did you see her tumbling?? not like she was throwing fulls on the 5 and still crossing down... lol

If you read the whole conversation, we were only talking about people crossing to "stack" the lower level teams. Not always the case, but people do cross level 5's to make the lower level team better--I've been at a gym that did it.

Ok I will put my two sense in. I am over squads who stack their upper level sqauds with babies. I was at a competition this weekend, while watching team XYZ's youth small level 2 team I noted that their 3 flyers were the EXACT same 3 flyers on their senior level 3 squad! I mean really. How much talent does it take for a 18 year old to throw around a 10 year old. It seriously boils my blood.

Totally agree with you. I saw the same with 2 level 5 teams using these tiny girls. Really the team looked like a junior team with just strong bases. Doesn't look like the senior teams that were from the past. You are right the flyers shouldn't come down and should soar in the sky if they are only 50 - 60 lbs. With that they should be one-manning the stunt. Oh but that would be a level 5 skill and these teams can only handle level 4 stunting because the girls can't hit the harder skills yet.

Back